Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
rarOwsO.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar
Soap: Art of Shaving Sandalwood (tallow)
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Aussie Spoiler (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootleggers Bay Rum Aftershave Lotion

Very comfortable and close shave.

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 Jefferson
Soap: Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Sample - thanks @MadFlava81

Great scent although the rhubarb makes it hard for me to fully enjoy it.

Lest anyone misunderstand, the rhubarb note comes from the DG soap, not from Stirling MITA. ;)

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: Leonidam 28mm Nautilus
Soap: Declaration Grooming - Weinstrasse Sample - thanks @MadFlava81

Weinstrasse is a must buy for me.
I mostly pickup white grape, honeysuckle and blackcurrant followed by the oakmoss and musk once lathered, very pleasant.
Lyobbee.jpg

It’s a great scent, I look forward to using it this summer

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: Leonidam 28mm Nautilus
Soap: Declaration Grooming - Weinstrasse Sample - thanks @MadFlava81

Weinstrasse is a must buy for me.
I mostly pickup white grape, honeysuckle and blackcurrant followed by the oakmoss and musk once lathered, very pleasant.
Lyobbee.jpg
I’ve been using my Weinstrasse a bit lately myself. For some reason my wife never objects when I splash the CL toner but turns her nose up at the alcohol splash.

FuklnQh.jpg

Razor 1: DSCosmetic D8 Titanium - with Titanium Destroyer handle
Razor 2: DSCosmetic S9 Copper - with Razorock Halo handle
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: 28mm Oumo Coffee
Soap: Oleo - Humanitas

So did the side by side comparison and I have to say, the D8 titanium was a bit meh. I think I'm thrown off by the weight. It feels like a toy and doesn't feel balanced on the hand for me. I may try it out with a stainless handle later, to see if it improves the shave.

The biggest surprise was the S9. Once that wax coating was polished off, that copper just shines through. Wow. Paired with the Razorock Halo, the rings on the handle really match well with the scalloped top cap. Every time I look at it makes me think of some kind of steampunk element. And it shaves amazing. Smooth with only a touch of blade feel. I almost say it's better than the RR Lupo 72. And that's with a Astra SP! I might try it out with a Gillette 7oC yellow next. If the actual Gamechanger 84 is even half has good as the razor that's cloned off, I may have to buy one now (and you know how I feel about RR in general...)

Just waiting on some vegan glycerin to add to the other ingredients before I can officially start using the aftershave myself.
Just about all commercially-available glycerin (glycerol) is derived from vegetable oils these days, though it can be made from tallow. It's a product of the same process as soap-making. Just grab a bottle from any chemists shop. However it's made, it's still the same simple 3-carbon alcohol, C3H8O3.

That would explain why I took so long to spot it. I wonder what's going on there. Maybe someone slipped in a dud proof of the label. Interesting... :unsure:
Alas I am not so fortunate my friends. A quick Google reveals plenty of pics with both spellings. At first I thought a different label for USA. You know how the Yanks like to modify the Queens English but there are labels in UK photos as well. May have been a bad batch of "donut shaped colored artifacts" on the lid or is that "doughnut shaped coloured artefacts" :unsure:

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: DC Blades-"BlackGold" - custom P&C TKM 2020
Hand turned resin brush handle with 24mm silver tip badger bulb knot
Razor:- DC Blades "The Cleaver" - P&C TKM 2020
8/8” straight razor custom resin wedgeless scales, brass bullseye washers & pins.
Soap:- TABAC
Aftershave:- Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
HrNFNqk.jpg

I am going to enjoy using Tabac for straight shaves it's thick creamy and slick​

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: DC Blades-"BlackGold" - custom P&C TKM 2020
Hand turned resin brush handle with 24mm silver tip badger bulb knot
Razor:- DC Blades "The Cleaver" - P&C TKM 2020
8/8” straight razor custom resin wedgeless scales, brass bullseye washers & pins.
Soap:- TABAC
Aftershave:- Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
HrNFNqk.jpg

I am going to enjoy using Tabac for straight shaves it's thick creamy and slick​
I never saw the engraving on the spine of that DC blade before. A lovely touch. That thing is a real monster. :D(y)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Gillette Minora (6)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse splash
Fragrance: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse EDT

K8LHqVP.jpg

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Czech & Speake (Valobra) - Oxford & Cambridge
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

My weekend treat...

Status
Not open for further replies.