Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
17 October
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #29
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

19 October
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #29
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Lost Tribe of the Sith book 2 of 9
Fiction-StarWarsLostTribeoftheSith2-300x456.jpg

What's the scent like Muppet? as I don't have this one in my Stirling soap collection, I read mix feedback reviews good and bad.

Smooth , spicey, with a resinous accord. Surprisingly good. It's not sweet as there is no patchouli. I like the fact the soap is not overpowering and works fantastic to compliment with any type of woodsy or oriental type AS or fragrance. Defiantly worthy of a travel size sample soap to try.

Timeless 95
Wizamet
Omega 10098
Tabac
Pinaud Clubman

Spewing I only get two good shaves with a blade and third is pushing it. Average shave today, knew after first pass I should of changed it and by the third pass the atg was terrible.. that will teach me to be a tight arse

51603500147_f4c31d152a_b.jpg

Hahah

Hahaha, the reviewer should not be making reviews when it's that time of the month. Totally influences their opinion.:LOL:

The comments about little boys in high school, and gives axe body spray 4/5, give me a friggen break.:rolleyes:

Poor old Clubman copped a -1 score

Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 Go Beyond Jefferson
Soap: Tallow & Steel - Shikoku

The weight of the Ti Vector is perfect and makes an already nimble razor feel effortless to use. It’s efficient enough to get me BBS with 3-passes and no touchups. Blade feel is listed as 5/10, but with dialed in lather I got very little blade feel.

Fantastic scent on Shikoku. I pickup yuzu, mikan and light ginger with a soft woody base. Quite a pleasant, inoffensive scent. Unfortunately it’s a limited edition release so I’ll have to use it sparingly.
bmUwoVF.jpg

i like it, nice barbershop scent (y)

You should know by now @SpeedyPC is biased towards all AS splashes except his own
Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 Go Beyond Jefferson
Soap: Tallow & Steel - Shikoku

The weight of the Ti Vector is perfect and makes an already nimble razor feel effortless to use. It’s efficient enough to get me BBS with 3-passes and no touchups. Blade feel is listed as 5/10, but with dialed in lather I got very little blade feel.

Fantastic scent on Shikoku. I pickup yuzu, mikan and light ginger with a soft woody base. Quite a pleasant, inoffensive scent. Unfortunately it’s a limited edition release so I’ll have to use it sparingly.
bmUwoVF.jpg

It will be released again next year just like Morikami.
Like the Vector Ti I also have a Shikoku set awaiting use. You have made me jealous twice in a day!!:)(y)

You should know by now @SpeedyPC is biased towards all AS splashes except his own

It will be released again next year just like Morikami.
Like the Vector Ti I also have a Shikoku set awaiting use. You have made me jealous twice in a day!!:)(y)
That’s good to know, I also got a set of Morikami on the way. Wish they would re-release yakushima and Kyoto.
Haha you’ve got a stellar shave lined up!

That’s good to know, I also got a set of Morikami on the way. Wish they would re-release yakushima and Kyoto.
Haha you’ve got a stellar shave lined up!

I have been on the hunt Yakushima and Kyoto myself. These will be the next 2 limited re-releases. I was fortunate last time to pickup a morikami set.

adstGRI.png

Valet Auto/Strop Silver Plate VB2 Canada / Feather Fhs-10
Elite Red, White & Blue 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Fine American Blend Shaving Soap & Aftershave

So YOU are the person all those Valets are floating around for - should we send them all to you?

JN9nDA8.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Antica Barbieria Colla
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Aussie Spoiler (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum Aftershave Lotion

Always a great shave with ABC, and some delightful warmth and zest from the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum.

If only I had some Antica Barbieria Colla and Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum Aftershave Lotion like @TomG.

Now where could I get stuff like that from?

ZplFIpLl.jpg

Blue Devil Shave Co. Huon Pine 24 mm, Yaqi Pony
Blue Devil Shave Co. Huon Pine Shave soap
Huon Pine aftershave splash
ATT Windsor + Astra SP

I'm a big fan of pine scents and had no idea about how the huon pine would smell. I am not at all disappointed. The scent and performance of this soap is sublime. To my nose I detected a hint of spice (cinnamon), but certainly not cloying or gourmand. As for the brush, a wonderful work of functional art. Supremely comfortable in the hand and the Yaqi knot was really soft, with enough backbone. At $80 this was an absolute steal (thank you @CraigE). Even at $100 these brushes would still be an absolute bargain and let's not forget the value in supporting an Aussie business. I will certainly be getting some more. The eucalypt burl and black heart sassafras also catch my eye. The splash did not live up to the same standards as the soap and brush, but for $15 I did not expect too much.​

Status
Not open for further replies.