Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Devil Shave Co. Huon Pine 24 mm, Yaqi Pony
Blue Devil Shave Co. Huon Pine Shave soap
Huon Pine aftershave splash
ATT Windsor + Astra SP

I'm a big fan of pine scents and had no idea about how the huon pine would smell. I am not at all disappointed. The scent and performance of this soap is sublime. To my nose I detected a hint of spice (cinnamon), but certainly not cloying or gourmand. As for the brush, a wonderful work of functional art. Supremely comfortable in the hand and the Yaqi knot was really soft, with enough backbone. At $80 this was an absolute steal (thank you @CraigE). Even at $100 these brushes would still be an absolute bargain and let's not forget the value in supporting an Aussie business. I will certainly be getting some more. The eucalypt burl and black heart sassafras also catch my eye. The splash did not live up to the same standards as the soap and brush, but for $15 I did not expect too much.​
Glad you like the products mate. The Huon Pine soap is definitely a winner and the brushes have turned out extremely good.

WR2 1.25
Feather
Olympiakos 2-band 24mm
Tabac soap / splash

Ripper shave, so smooth I did four passes with two ATG, super smooth 👍

51607459702_3cc0661f56_b.jpg

WR2 1.25
Feather
Olympiakos 2-band 24mm
Tabac soap / splash

Ripper shave, so smooth I did four passes with two ATG, super smooth 👍

51607459702_3cc0661f56_b.jpg
Seriously loving your latest brushes as torn between this one or the boar one. @TroyTools has mastered his pours and turning some unique handles. Sparkle, Sparkle!!! :love:

Seriously loving your latest brushes as torn between this one or the boar one. @TroyTools has mastered his pours and turning some unique handles. Sparkle, Sparkle!!! :love:

tough one mate...

I love my @TroyTools Olympiakos bling.. not only does it look stunning, it feels absolutely amazing in the hand and most importantly its a lather monster

I also love the Boss Hog from Troy, it has a long while to go till its broken in, but has excellent backbone and the key hole handle is incredibly comfortable in the hand. Its bigger than Olympiakos to suit the bigger knot but the design just feels very ergonomic

end of the day, life is short..... get both :)

Blue Devil Shave Co. Huon Pine 24 mm, Yaqi Pony
Blue Devil Shave Co. Huon Pine Shave soap
Huon Pine aftershave splash
ATT Windsor + Astra SP

I'm a big fan of pine scents and had no idea about how the huon pine would smell. I am not at all disappointed. The scent and performance of this soap is sublime. To my nose I detected a hint of spice (cinnamon), but certainly not cloying or gourmand. As for the brush, a wonderful work of functional art. Supremely comfortable in the hand and the Yaqi knot was really soft, with enough backbone. At $80 this was an absolute steal. Even at $100 these brushes would still be an absolute bargain and let's not forget the value in supporting an Aussie business. I will certainly be getting some more. The eucalypt burl and black heart sassafras also catch my eye. The splash did not live up to the same standards as the soap and brush, but for $15 I did not expect too much.​
Makes sense, the aftershave is not made by Craig :p

Thanks @Razor Burn . I've been very busy in the workshop since returning from holidays. Been gathering materials (burl, gold leaf, more resin, more colours), mixing & matching lots of 2 piece handles, etc. Photos to come after the auction is over. Don't want to distract this cashed up crowd from the current program of giving generously to the cancer foundation this week.
tough one mate...

I love my @TroyTools Olympiakos bling.. not only does it look stunning, it feels absolutely amazing in the hand and most importantly its a lather monster

I also love the Boss Hog from Troy, it has a long while to go till its broken in, but has excellent backbone and the key hole handle is incredibly comfortable in the hand. Its bigger than Olympiakos to suit the bigger knot but the design just feels very ergonomic

end of the day, life is short..... get both :)
Thanks @StratMan , "get both". I love it(y)
I've got too many brushes!:arghh: (Not many people around here say that I'll bet!)

You all need MOAR brushes!:cool::LOL::hilarious:

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Jeet & Co - 24mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Satsuma
Razor: Razorock - Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette - Minora SS (7)
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger - Aspen / Nivea Men - Deep Moisturiser

2 pass WTG + touchups daily shave = DFS+.
Spiced orange goodness, very refreshing, with over a dozen shaves from this sample / travel soap there is still plenty left.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soaps Empire shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Iridium Super (4)
Post-shave: Squadron Soaps Empire splash
Fragrance: N/A

Bid NOW for Queens and Country!

pwPjD6wl.jpg

51612709904_b5c12798d2_h.jpg

Brush: Chisel & Hound + Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: ATT Windsor Pro SB90
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Cheshire
How’s the Cheshire? Tossing up between this and Noble Otter Noir et Vanille for a tea soap fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.