Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson The Duke 2 Pure Badger
Soap:- Vintage Old Spice
Razor:- Hoffritz Slant
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Aftershave:- B&M Reserve Spice

yKNFo4q.jpg

Sublime when everything just comes together

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Cella Red Tub
Razor/Blade:- Gillette New Short Comb 1930 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

HOLY MOLY!! :wideyed::jawdrop: Finally using my Gillette New SC changing the razor over from the Fatip Testina Gentile, I should've gotten the vintage 1930 Gillette New SC instead of the LC years ago :banghead:
The vintage Gillette New SC has given me extra smoothest, extra comfortable and extra close DFS++completely irritation-free shave since I had the 1930 Gillette New LC was very uncomfortable to shave no matter what blade I choose.

Last edited:
IMG-20210201-202134.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes Kryten Ti 28mm UHD Manchurian
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Muhle (4)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella Red
Post: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Imperial Leather A/S Splash
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Such an enjoyable BBS shave with the Rocca + Muhle blade. Whilst not as long lasting as say a Wizamet or Gillette Yellow, this combination shaved evenly and smoothly with each pass. Lots to like about this brush as the weight, design & finish are exceptional and the knot is soft and a lather machine. I'm a big fan of Cella but have nothing to pair its almond/cherry/marzipan scent with so went with Imperial Leather but maybe its too strong...?
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

P.S - My name unexpectable came up for a Wolfman but in the spirit of Sabbatical I have postponed for a later date. I expect to regret the decision but thankfully I have the Rocca to provide me many BBS shaves... :nailbiting:

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shave brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Vintage British Gillette #15 Aristocrat
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (4)
Post-shave: APR Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: APR Lightning Ridge EDP

Very, very nice ...

fss39ojl.jpg

P.S - My name unexpectable came up for a Wolfman but in the spirit of Sabbatical I have postponed for a later date. I expect to regret the decision but thankfully I have the Rocca to provide me many BBS shaves... :nailbiting:

Impressive mate, clearly a man of style and taste!

kJjFIOS.jpg

Razor: Alpha Outlaw
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharpedge (yellow)
Brush: Oumo 26mm Manchuria fan
Soap: Wholly Kaw Iced Tea

Looks like a Merkur 34C on steroids, but doesn't shave like it at all. So the blade exposure on this razor must be crazy positive, because this has the most blade feel of any razor I own to date (maybe even outdoes the JTB razor). I don't know if it makes it more aggressive, but the sound it makes when I shave it over stubble is like scrunching up baking paper. And loud! Has about the same efficiency as the Muhle Rocca, but this is my first time with a brand new razor (and blade), so maybe I can increase the efficiency a bit once I've figured out the best shave angle. Good solid weight on the hands too. Feels smooth, but wonder if I can get it smoother with a different blade. Good 3 pass shave with a small nick on the left side end of the jaw. Rushing through the shave like a kid with a new toy.

kJjFIOS.jpg

Razor: Alpha Outlaw
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharpedge (yellow)
Brush: Oumo 26mm Manchuria fan
Soap: Wholly Kaw Iced Tea

Looks like a Merkur 34C on steroids, but doesn't shave like it at all. So the blade exposure on this razor must be crazy positive, because this has the most blade feel of any razor I own to date (maybe even outdoes the JTB razor). I don't know if it makes it more aggressive, but the sound it makes when I shave it over stubble is like scrunching up baking paper. And loud! Has about the same efficiency as the Muhle Rocca, but this is my first time with a brand new razor (and blade), so maybe I can increase the efficiency a bit once I've figured out the best shave angle. Good solid weight on the hands too. Feels smooth, but wonder if I can get it smoother with a different blade. Good 3 pass shave with a small nick on the left side end of the jaw. Rushing through the shave like a kid with a new toy.
I don't normally like razors to be too shiny, but that is one very handsome tool. Shiny, but not so much that it's in bad taste. I hope you find its sweet spot, it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: WCS - Honeycomb white.
Soap/Cream: Razorock - Mudder Focker
Razor: Karve CB - SS (F)
Blade: King C Gillette (4)
Post-shave: Razorock - Mudder Fokker AS splash / Nivea Active Age Moisturiser

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Another enjoyable daily shave. I noticed that this soap M F and Squadron - Empire, have a very similar powdery scent off the puck even though both soaps only share tonka bean and patchouli as common scents. It's the tonka bean.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.