giphy.gif

5.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: TOBS Jermyn St
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (5)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

The pre-shave is obviously working for me. I don't know how I'm going to endure perfect DSBBS every day with perfect comfort and zero irritation. I might get bored. Blade on day 5 and still great, unheard of for me. :unsure:

An addition to the routine is the hyaluronic acid serum from La Roche-Posay which I thought I'd try, even though I usually prefer to buy my snake oil by the hogshead. Figured it's in the same price bracket as the now unobtainium APR serum. It probably won't turn me into a 16-year-old, but it certainly feels great straight after the shower.

URuoBoB.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm High Mountain Silvertip Badger
Soap: Moon Soaps - Sorrento

So, these blades don't work for me, or at least for the Muhle. Nope. Smooth at the start, but ATG is scrapey and ended up with 4 nicks and weepers. Out with the styptic pencil and out with the blade too. Ended up with a okay-ish DFS.

Moon soaps have a great story (render their own tallow, etc), but the performance of the soap is not as good as the elite 5, and probably just outside my top 10, tbh (of course soap appreciation is subjective and ymmv). I can get it to a shaveable lather over time, but elite bases like DG, WK, ZM, BM and AE, I don't have to work that hard to get more superior results. Smells good though. Lemony with a clean soapy scent.

Soap/Cream: A&E - Tibetan Temple
Razor: Karve Razorock - Lupo SS 95
Blade: Astra - Superior Platinum (2)
Post-shave: A&E - Tibetan Temple AS splash / A&E - Post Shave Serum

Nice plug @rhodes96 for both razor and soap. I need some Tibetan Temple in the den and @Blackie needs a Lupo SS 95

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson Harvard H1 Best Badger
Soap:- Vintage Old Spice
Razor:- 66’ L1 Slim@5
Blade:- Gillette Super Stainless Steel Blade (3)
Aftershave:- B&M Reserve Spice

Zo0kKHU.jpg

IMG-20210203-191832.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 Antique Brass + Stinger V1 handle (P&C LE 2019/20 Charity Auction)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella Red
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Not the smoothest of shaves but what it lacked in comfort was gained in efficiency and even regrowth!:love:

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

59rtK4Z.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol + 3 drops Stirling Frost Drops
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Silver (1)

Deadlines, Bush Fires and Lockdown contributed to my entering the batrhroom contemplating a nine day growth. Thus, I selected an aggressive razor and a very sharp blade; the Blackbird and Vintage Gillette Super Silver respectively. Using a very light touch, this combination proved simply marvelous.
We've also been suffering through a heatwave here in Perth, so I was yearning for a metholated shave. I amped up the OSP soap with some Stirling frost Drops, and was rewarded with both excellent and very cooling lather.
Didn't push it too far given the growth, so three passes for a DFS+.

Status
Not open for further replies.