Gillette '40s Brit Fat Handle Flat Bottom Tech #77 Set
NOS Wlkinson Sword made in England
Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-Band Badger
Declaration Grooming Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Shave Soap
Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli Aftershave

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

7oF2jl8.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Bolzano
Brush: Oumo 28mm TH
Soap: Oleo - Bonaire

Bolzanos are surprisingly smooth. Not as good as Gillette yellows or Nacets, and probably a hair under GSB, but a good smooth shave. I found them better than Gillette Greens anyway. Nice 3 pass shave with one nick (but that might be from irritating the one I got yesterday).

Oleo duck fat base is very good. Above average cushion and good slickness, but falls short of the elite bases. Solid top ten performer. Pleasant scent, like pine lime splice on the beach with suntan lotion. I think the scent has developed a little, it's a lot less urinal cakey than last time.

7oF2jl8.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Bolzano
Brush: Oumo 28mm TH
Soap: Oleo - Bonaire

Bolzanos are surprisingly smooth. Not as good as Gillette yellows or Nacets, and probably a hair under GSB, but a good smooth shave. I found them better than Gillette Greens anyway. Nice 3 pass shave with one nick (but that might be from irritating the one I got yesterday).

Oleo duck fat base is very good. Above average cushion and good slickness, but falls short of the elite bases. Solid top ten performer. Pleasant scent, like pine lime splice on the beach with suntan lotion. I think the scent has developed a little, it's a lot less urinal cakey than last time.

FYI The scent on Bonaire is a dupe of Creed Virgin Island Water.

IMG-20210203-191927.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes BetaHive Cu 28mm SHD Manchurian
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella Red
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+
t23zClt.jpg

THURSDAY ‌02/04/21 SOTD
Gillette '40s Brit Fat Handle Flat Bottom Tech #77 Set
NOS Wlkinson Sword made in England
Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-Band Badger
Declaration Grooming Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Shave Soap
Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli Aftershave
Its always nice seeing your SOTD posts @klinker :love:

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave
By the way @SpeedyPC, have you had a chance to try the Green blades yet and if so how do you rate them...? I read the Permasharps are better than the other green version...?

By the way @SpeedyPC, have you had a chance to try the Green blades yet and if so how do you rate them...? I read the Permasharps are better than the other green version...?
Yes, I hated the 7 O’Clock Super Stainless, they’re far worse than the vintage US Gillette Spoiler Super Stainless

Yes, I hated the 7 O’Clock Super Stainless, they’re far worse than the vintage US Gillette Spoiler Super Stainless
Cheers for the feedback as I value your knowledge! (y)

Cheers for the feedback as I value your knowledge! (y)
giphy.gif

If you're looking for a better blade that behaves like a 7 O’Clock Super Stainless, I would rather used the real vintage US Gillette Spoiler Super Stainless than the other BULLS :muted: T!! blade.

Pre-shave: shower then light application of King of Shaves gel while working up my lather
Bowl/Scuttle: small porcelain bowl
Brush: Semogue 820 red
Soap/Cream: Derby normal shaving cream with a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil
Razor/Blade: Slim (M2) and Astra blade
Post/After-shave: 1 - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, 2- Nivea for Sensitive Men (that's me) Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: none
Passes: 2-pass, WTG and XTG - CCS

lather keeps improving :D

4.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (6)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

Feeling a little rough at lunchtime after this shave, so over and out for this blade. A good innings though, given that it's equivalent to at least ~18 "regular" face shaves. I'll keep going with the snake oil, err, hyaluronic acid stuff until it's gone and compare before/after shots of my bagful of spanners. Feels nice though.

Don't beat around the bush @SpeedyPC. Tell us how you really feel about the 7 O’Clock Super Stainless.
Okay cowboy, The 7 O’Clock Super Stainless is not sharp and smooth on my own stubble and I can only reach a maximum of 5 shaves, I can get 15 maximum FANTASTIC! smooth comfortable shaves with the vintage US Gillette Spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.