Status
Not open for further replies.
Sotd 02.02.21 Pre-shave: Warm Water
Brush: TF Customs / P&C 2020 Charity Auction - Ivory 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Tangerine
Razor: Razorock - Lupo SS 95
Blade: Gillette - King C Gillette (6)
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger - AS tonic / Lucky Tiger - Face Moisturiser

2 Pass WTG = DFS+ daily shave. Again the Lupo 95 performed great. The King C Gillette is a sharper and smoother blade than the Astra SP as such, offered a quicker and smoother shave than previous.

The soap Stirling - Tangerine. Scent strength is medium off the tub, and lightl to medium once lathered. Scent notes, Tangerine. I Really like the simplicity of this single scented soap. The scent is not sweet or artificial, and has a slighly sour citrus scent as if your smelling the peel of an orange or mandarin (basically what a Tangeine is). I hope Stirling introduce this scent into their regular lineup. Prefer this soaps scemt as its very realistic over Satsuma and Orange chill. Thumbs up(y).

IMG-20210203-191927.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes BetaHive Cu 28mm SHD Manchurian
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella Red
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Another razor
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Yellow
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

No pic today, just a nice, if somewhat mild shave. A big blast of lavender EO always floats my boat.

TfesT9e.jpg

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus

Paladin and Mike's as always a trusted pair and the Rex shines in every situation - happy days!

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson Jubilee limited edition QEII 130/150
Soap:- Vintage Old Spice
Razor:- 66’ L1 Slim@5
Blade:- Gillette Super Stainless Steel Blade (5)
Aftershave:- B&M Reserve Spice

SmCc0LV.jpg

Could not wait for this brush to come around in rotation before trying.

Definitely the densest soft badger in the den, holds an amazing amount of water and lather.
Noticeably sucks the lather up during circular motions and pastes it on when painting. Assume this is due to quality of bristles and density ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson Jubilee limited edition QEII 130/150
Soap:- Vintage Old Spice
Razor:- 66’ L1 Slim@5
Blade:- Gillette Super Stainless Steel Blade (5)
Aftershave:- B&M Reserve Spice

SmCc0LV.jpg

Could not wait for this brush to come around in rotation before trying.

Definitely the densest soft badger in the den, holds an amazing amount of water and lather.
Noticeably sucks the lather up during circular motions and pastes it on when painting. Assume this is due to quality of bristles and density ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Know which brush I'm using tomorrow!

G949rzp.jpg

• Razor: Alpha Shaving Co - Outlaw
  • Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
  • Brush: Oumo 26mm Hook Fan badger
  • Soap: Barrister and Mann - Citricuya
Bics turned out to be very smooth. A lot less blade feel than the Gillette yellows. So smooth, I shaved over a pimple by accident and it bled like stink. Spotted for an hour after, even with a styptic pencil. It maybe smooth, but isn't too sharp unfortunately. My regular 3 pass didn't yield me the BBS I normally get. There were some rough patches on the chin tip I wouldn't normally get with the yellows.

From the scent description, you'd think Citricuya would be a lot more citrus forward. Instead it's more like bitter lime pith mixed in wild grass. More of a 'green' soap than a fruity soap (to me anyway). Excelsior delivers as usual.

@Mark1966 I am starting to feel like a stalker mate with the Jubilee, butterscotch brushes and Slim. Not to mention half the used software are your "hand me downs".

Anyway they say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Status
Not open for further replies.