1-281121192213-930803.jpeg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: 3P shaving soap
Razor: Vintage British #15 Aristocrat
Blade: Polsilver Brown (1)
Post-shave: APR Alfredus Choice splash
Fragrance: APR Alfredus Choice EDP

A simple, plain smelling soap allows some alternative choices in post shave!

Awxttmjl.jpg

2IVLFiul.jpg

Pre-Shave: Hot Towel
Brush: YAQI Marpat 2Band Badger Knot
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soaps- Dutch Resistance
Razor: YAQI Slant
Blade: Shark
Post-shave: Witch Hazel Concoction

This is my second Squadron soap, I was a bit hesitant to buy it as the fist one I bought, Red Lead was awful. I did 26 years in the Navy so as soon as I saw the soap I had to have it due to it's naval theme. It preformed really well but the scent was terrible. and I just couldn't get over it. No such experience with Dutch Resistance, the liquorice scent is fantastic.

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm Boss
Soap: D.R. Harris - Windsor - (y) @rhodes96
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

After yesterday's bloodbath I went easy on myself a bit, intending nothing more than a quick, comfortable shave. However, as so often happens with this particular soap, I ended up with a quick, comfortable BBS. :LOL: I still don't understand how that works out, but I'm not complaining. (y)

LICFMy6l.jpg

Soap: Pb Mirrors & Smoke
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Kikuboshi
AS: Pb Black Spruce
It's been nearly two years since I've had this soap in the cupboard and I was missing it so did a cook on the W/E, the first shave soap cook for a very long time. The first batch I made of this was too heavy on the White Birch which made it very smokey. I may have backed off too far. The smoke is there but I'd like it a little more distinctive. I need to play around with the profile before I make any more Mirrors and Smoke, to settle on the scent.

7pvGURj.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: BillyGoat Brushworks 2 band badger
Soap/Cream: Squadron ‘Ace’
Razor: Tatara Nodachi
Blade: Gillette Rubie (1)
Post-shave: Alum block, Clubman Pinaud Special Reserve. Jovan Musk
A very nice return to the Nodachi with the Rubie feeling sharp but not quite the smoothness of a Minora. DFS+ without effort.

Noble otter - RAWR
Grace Yaqi Handle - T7SE Plates
AP Shave Handle - 26mm Synthetic Pony Knot
Treet Platinum
The Soap as some of you know is a winner light on scent eminates for me stronger after lathering and applictaion & I think I felt the very slightest of a menthol feel. Slick , Cushioning, Post was great nothing not to like about it

bec6xzs.jpg

IMG-20211129-172949-2.jpg

Brush: TROYCRAFT Baby Chubby Blue 24mm Frank Shaving G4
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3 SB plate - thanks @Gargravarr
Blade: Feather Professional Super AC (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: A&E Asian Plum
Post: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Sukin Hydration Biomarine Facial Serum
WTG, Touchups = BBS+

Its not often that I require just one pass to achieve a desirable shave but this mornings shave achieved a BBS with very little effort as the blade + Hawk V3 Standard plate shaved super close with no irritation or blood letting. First try of the Pro and certainly my threshold for blade feel, however results wise regrowth is even and longer lasting when using the Prolines but really impressed with how smooth the Feather AC blade shaved as I was fearing the worst!

The brush has quickly become a favourite as reminds me of what a Simpson's Trafalgar T2.5 would be with great feel when loading and great backbone and face feel when lathering. And to think it @TroyTools was thinking of throwing it away... (y)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.