Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20211129-172949-2.jpg

Brush: TROYCRAFT Baby Chubby Blue 24mm Frank Shaving G4
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3 SB plate - thanks @Gargravarr
Blade: Feather Professional Super AC (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: A&E Asian Plum
Post: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Sukin Hydration Biomarine Facial Serum
WTG, Touchups = BBS+

Its not often that I require just one pass to achieve a desirable shave but this mornings shave achieved a BBS with very little effort as the blade + Hawk V3 Standard plate shaved super close with no irritation or blood letting. First try of the Pro and certainly my threshold for blade feel, however results wise regrowth is even and longer lasting when using the Prolines but really impressed with how smooth the Feather AC blade shaved as I was fearing the worst!

The brush has quickly become a favourite as reminds me of what a Simpson's Trafalgar T2.5 would be with great feel when loading and great backbone and face feel when lathering. And to think it @TroyTools was thinking of throwing it away... (y)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Any more pics of the brush?

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Troycraft - Ally
Soap:- TOBS - Jermyn Street
Razor:- Wolfman WR1 OC with WR2 Handle
Blade:- Wizamet (1)
Aftershave:- TOBS - Jermyn Street

vS92AyK.jpg

First shave with WR1 OC and the first impression is the quality and smoothness of the diamond knurling followed by the gentleness of those small well polished teeth
2 x WTG = DFS+ a very nice first experience that will only get better. Wonderful lather from the Troycraft - Ally 24mm bulb knot. Have also developed a new found appreciation for creams of late doing a dip and swirl technique and wiping of excess until I have the perfect amount loaded for my shave routine. The dip (stabbing tips into cream) seems to load a lot better than just swirling alone.

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Proraso Green
Brush: Maggard 24mm synthetic
Soap: Blue Devil Strawberry Patch
Razor: Lupo 72
Blade: Treet Falcon Carbon Steel (3)
Post-shave: Witch Hazel concoction.

I don't usually push a blade past 3 shaves as I've mixed results so far when I go beyond 3. This was my third shave with the Falcon and I was amazed at how smooth it was. It was a little tuggy, and I had to work a bit harder to get a smooth shave than I would with a Nacet or Minora, but overall it was a very pleasant shave. No blood anywhere and no irritation at all. Now to see how much longer it will last...

Have also developed a new found appreciation for creams of late doing a dip and swirl technique and wiping of excess until I have the perfect amount loaded for my shave routine. The dip (stabbing tips into cream) seems to load a lot better than just swirling alone.
Mmmm, I'll bear that in mind. It's been a while since I've used any creamy creams, but @SpeedyPC has recently alerted me to the new Wholly Kaw La Superieure Lavender cream (a WCS special) which has tweaked my shopping list for January. Just as I've been saying I really like milled soaps... :banghead:

Well, I don't have the burden of public office to confer stupidity upon me, so I'm allowed to change my mind. :happy:

MVJBblh.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Cream: Musgo Real Black SE
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Le Père Lucien Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Portus Cale Black EdT

The vintage Personna SPC blade is still buttery smooth on its fifth outing.

MVJBblh.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Cream: Musgo Real Black SE
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Le Père Lucien Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Portus Cale Black EdT

The vintage Personna SPC blade is still buttery smooth on its fifth outing.
Why are you hiding the poor copper bowl, shame on you @TomG

IMG-20211129-211906-2.jpg

Brush: Omega Evo E1857 28mm Silversynth
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3 SB plate - thanks @Gargravarr
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (4)
Pre: Shower
Soap: A&E Asian Plum
Post: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Sukin Hydration Biomarine Facial Serum
WTG, Touchups = BBS

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Us2RgbMl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Towel
Brush: YAQI Evil Zebra 24mm synthetic - Awesome Brush for the price.
Soap: Noble Otter Monarch - My favourite Noble Otter Scent
Razor: YAQI Kamisori DEN SE
Blade: Derby SE
Post-shave: Noble otter Monash Aftershave

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: 3P shaving soap
Razor: Vintage British #15 Aristocrat
Blade: Polsilver Brown (2)
Post-shave: APR Alfredus Choice splash
Fragrance: APR Alfredus Choice EDP

Soap is still as good on round two :)

Awxttmjl.jpg

This morning I chose my Comoy's of London ¾ SR as I wanted to compare it against my my Ralf Aust ⅞ SR I shaved with yesterday. I used the same prep.

My previous last shave with the Comoy showed me that it was not quite up to my expected standard, so I put it through a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression after the shave. This morning was to see if the Comoy was "there" yet.

The result was yes. The Comoy now shaves as well as my Ralf Aust. All it took was a little more work on the pasted balsa.

full

The Ralf Aust was more than six times the price of the Comoy. This makes the Comoy rather good value. Aesthetics is a different matter but that does not contribute to the shave quality.

This morning I chose my Comoy's of London ¾ SR as I wanted to compare it against my my Ralf Aust ⅞ SR I shaved with yesterday. I used the same prep.

My previous last shave with the Comoy showed me that it was not quite up to my expected standard, so I put it through a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression after the shave. This morning was to see if the Comoy was "there" yet.

The result was yes. The Comoy now shaves as well as my Ralf Aust. All it took was a little more work on the pasted balsa.

full

The Ralf Aust was more than six times the price of the Comoy. This makes the Comoy rather good value. Aesthetics is a different matter but that does not contribute to the shave quality.

After reading your's and others posts about the Comoy, I definitely think it'll be my next one as I'm after a razor with a white handle.

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Troycraft - 26mm 2 band finest fan
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Port Au Prince
Razor: Blackland - Vector Ti
Blade: Schick - Proline (9)
Post-shave: Stirling - Port Au Prince AS splash / A&E skin food nourishing cream.

2 pass WTG + touchups = DFS+. Stirling Mutton tallow is a fantastic lathering, soap. My only gripe is that this formulation has a bit of a stink on the tub for the first two lathers. Same issue I had with Varen. Unlike Varen, this one smelt fantastic while lathering from the word go. Soap is more earthier vetiver scent wise, while the splash is more lemongrass forward. I like my vetiver fragranced soaps, and this one is a good one as its light enough for warm weather use.

Have also developed a new found appreciation for creams of late doing a dip and swirl technique and wiping of excess until I have the perfect amount loaded for my shave routine. The dip (stabbing tips into cream) seems to load a lot better than just swirling alone.
That's why the St James of London shave creams still have a place in my drawer. One for the lazy days, easy to lather and also to add more if initial lather was over-hydrated.

After reading your's and others posts about the Comoy, I definitely think it'll be my next one as I'm after a razor with a white handle.
They are getting harder to find as I believe that existing available retail stock is not being replaced. I found mine in a King of Knives store. They had two. Their other Comoy was starting to rust.

I have also seen some availability online in NZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.