Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are getting harder to find as I believe that existing available retail stock is not being replaced. I found mine in a King of Knives store. They had two. Their other Comoy was starting to rust.

I have also seen some availability online in NZ.

Thanks for that info. I'll have to pull my finger out and get one.

LjHvh3N.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka
Soap: Long Rifle Co Bay Rhum
Razor: Blutt Rasur BR-1
Blade: Gillette Stainless (3)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

IMG-20211130-221157-2.jpg

Brush: Billy Goat Brushworks "Smoke Screen" 26mm Oumo G5
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3 SB plate - thanks @Gargravarr
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: A&E Asian Plum
Post: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Sukin Hydration Biomarine Facial Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

A fabulous shave with this setup. The Hawk V3 lives up to my all my expectations as a great daily shaver. Sadly time for it to head back to its owner but greatful for the loan. (y)
My first BGB brush and it won't be my last as great value and happy I paired it with the G5 knot as first impressions remind me of a 2 Band Finest badger in appearance and performance.,,,

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Troycraft - 26mm 2 band finest fan
Soap/Cream: Blue Devil Shave Co. - Vetiver
Razor: Blackland - Vector Ti
Blade: Schick - Proline (10)
Post-shave: Fine - Fesh Vetiver AS spalsh / Proraso - Cypress & Vetiver AS balm

2 pass WTG + touchups = DFS+. More earthly goodness with a good doloping of vetiver to freshen up for the day.

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Troycraft - 26mm 2 band finest fan
Soap/Cream: Blue Devil Shave Co. - Vetiver
Razor: Blackland - Vector Ti
Blade: Schick - Proline (10)
Post-shave: Fine - Fesh Vetiver AS spalsh / Proraso - Cypress & Vetiver AS balm

2 pass WTG + touchups = DFS+. More earthly goodness with a good doloping of vetiver to freshen up for the day.
That's more Vetiver than a normal man can take... :giggle:
Great setup as always mate! (y)

29 November
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 95 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

01 December
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Lost Tribe of the Sith book 8 of 9
13648248.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Proraso Green
Brush: Maggard 24mm synthetic
Soap: Blue Devil Strawberry Patch
Razor: Lupo 72
Blade: Treet Falcon Carbon Steel (4)
Post-shave: Witch Hazel concoction.

This the 4th shave with this combination and I'm couldn't get over the smoothness of the shave today. The initial experience of the blade feeling a little tuggy hasn't changed, and I still have to work a little harder to get a really close shave than if I was using a Nacet or Minora, but the smoothness is something to behold. This morning a did WTG, ATG and XTG and then I cleaned up a few rough areas around my neck. No irritation, no redness, just a really comfortable shave that left me pondering, what's more important, super smoothness or comfort? I know there are times I'm willing to trade comfort to get super smoothness and other times I don't mind if there's a little roughness, as long as I don't have to put up with irritation, redness and ingrown hairs. At this point in time, I'd have to say that I'm going to have to track down some more Treet Falcons because I think I'll always want to have some available.

Vintage '72 Gillette Tech razor, Amazing shave, came with short aluminum travel handle, almost tossed it in the crap/parts drawer, it has earned a position in the razor drawer. It came with a "lot" of razors.
Vintage Gillette Spoiler blade
Vintage Ever~Ready brush handle with THIS knot.
Arko soap
Pinaud Clubman after shave

100_3242-jpg.105144

IMG-20211201-192607-2.jpg

Brush: TROYCRAFT Rainbow Falls 28mm 2 Band Finest Fan
Razor: Vector Ti
Blade: Feather Professional Super AC (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: A&E Asian Plum
Post: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS+

A sensational shave with the Feather Super + Vector Ti. The right amount of blade feel, smoothness and efficiency, thanks in large part to the soap and wonderful brush... :love::love::love:

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.