Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mark1966 I am starting to feel like a stalker mate with the Jubilee, butterscotch brushes and Slim. Not to mention half the used software are your "hand me downs".

Anyway they say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

I'm claiming it is because you are a man of fine tastes!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Hamami
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #15
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tonight Tipple:- Balvenie Doublewood 17yrs old

IMG-20210205-210509.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm Plissoft
Razor: Maggard V3A + MR11
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella Green - thanks @tullfan
Post: Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion + Stirling Soap Co. Unscented Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

A very comfortable shave with this setup. The V3A is a step up on the DE/EJ89 and paired well with the sharper Nacet. Only issue I have is the threading is starting to give way but otherwise a decent shave. I'm a big fan of Cella and when @tullfan offered me his Red & Green tubs I happily obliged and soap wise they both lather well with Green having a more milder refreshing scent.
Finished off with some pleasant lotion & balm. :)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

I'm a big fan of Cella and when @tullfan offered me his Red & Green tubs I happily obliged and soap wise they both lather well with Green having a more milder refreshing scent.
Me too as I'm enjoying the Cella Red Tub, because, the new formula has really improved a lot better than the old version.

The old formula has given me a very bad allergic reaction, the new formula hasn't given me any reaction at all and I'm very glad that Cella as resolved this major issue for some wet shavers.

OT:- @Razor Burn FYI

Cella Old Formula Red
Cocos Nucifera, Tallow, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Aqua, Potassium Carbonate, Parfum

Cella New Formula Red
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Adeps Bovis (Tallow), Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water) Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance).

See Link:- https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/cella-crema-da-barba-reformulated.419347/

OT:- @Razor Burn FYI

Cella Old Formula Red
Cocos Nucifera, Tallow, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Aqua, Potassium Carbonate, Parfum

Cella New Formula Red
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Adeps Bovis (Tallow), Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water) Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance).

See Link:- https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/cella-crema-da-barba-reformulated.419347/

Thanks for the update as a quick check of my supplies shows only newer formula, so unable to compare with the older one :(

The Green version feels softer but performance wise its very similar to the Red and I find both lather well and no post shave reaction. (y)

I find both lather well and no post shave reaction.
The new red tub does gives you a very nice post shave, what I do is after I finished my complete shave and any lather leftover, I give the cell red lather leftover a real good face wash and let it soak into your skin while rubbbing in for about 5mins and than rinse off. Apply your favourite aftershave after a real good face wash with Cella red.

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (1)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

These days, it usually only takes one or two shaves with a DE razor to send me running back to the SE blades, I just really like the feel of them. Over the last few weeks, I've been giving some serious consideration to sending everything double-edged to a new home. I'll see how I feel about it when I get the Hawk back from Vshod, but the truth is I could easily live with no other razor than this one.

Pre-shave: shower then light application of King of Shaves gel while working up my lather
Bowl/Scuttle: small porcelain bowl
Brush: FS synthetic
Soap/Cream: Gillette Pure shaving cream with a few drops each of peppermint oil and glycerine
Razor/Blade: 38C with Astra blade
Post/After-shave: 1 - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, 2- Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: none
Passes: 2-pass, WTG and ATG
light tidy up with Schick I1 injector

Head shave Razor/Blade: Leaf Shave with 2 Derby shavette blades - gotta love a multi blade razor that's not a cartridge

the lather came out super cool and minty, I put the equivalent of about 5 or 6 drops of the peppermint oil - really happy with the lather and tonight's shave over all. first time doing ATG since taking the beard off so wanted to take it easy. my head and face feel amazing, loving the witch hazel followed by the Nivea balm.

Pre-shave: Neutrogena - Hydro Boost cleanser wipes
Brush: WCS - Honeycomb blue 26mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Zingari Man - The Watchman
Razor: Razorock - Lupo SS 95
Blade: Gillette - King C Gillette (7)
Post-shave: Zingari Man - The Watchman AS splash / Zingari Man - AS balm unscented

2 Pass WTG = DFS+ daily shave. Again the Lupo 95 performed great. The King C Gillette felt fantastic sharp and smooth. The blade feel of the razor has almost disappeared, but it's there ever so slight, and this I like.
@Blackie, I may have found a razor to satisfy your itch.:)

IDET8aC.jpg

• Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
  • Blade: Gillette Platinum
  • Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
  • Soap: Barrister & Mann - Paganini's Violin
Been having a good run for the Gillette's in the Rocca, bar the 7O'C greens. If I had to rate them from best to worst, they would go:

7O'C yellows, Nacets, Platinums, GSB - - - - -(many other blades) - - - - - 7O'C greens, Rockwell Swedish, JTB.

I remember being disappointed when I first found out about PV and the missed opportunity to get it. I bought in through the wetshaving reddit sub pre-sale and then proceeded to wait until after black friday sales to finally have it shipped to Australia. It's probably my fav Softheart release I have to date. I may think Excelsior is the better soap base (not by much), but I enjoy using Softheart more.

IMG-20210205-211133.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Green Swirls & Transparent 27mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Muhle (5)
Soap: Mikes Natural Soap Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post: AP Reserve Bombora A/S Splash // Milkman Grooming Summer Waves Serum

Inspired by @alfredus and his wonderful lather shots I had to grab Mikes and its easily a top 5 soap for me due to the superior lather and awesome post shave performance. Paired well with the citrus from both the splash + serum leaving my face all refreshed.
Shave wise the blade provided 5 enjoyable shaves but starting to show some harshness so time to move onto something different.
I'm continuously impressed with the brush as the modern design feels comfortable and the hints of blue go well with the greens. Despite the odd shedding the Rhodium knot feels super soft and lathers up soft or hard soaps with ease!

IMG-20210205-211133.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Green Swirls & Transparent 27mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Muhle (5)
Soap: Mikes Natural Soap Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post: AP Reserve Bombora A/S Splash // Milkman Grooming Summer Waves Serum

Inspired by @alfredus and his wonderful lather shots I had to grab Mikes and its easily a top 5 soap for me due to the superior lather and awesome post shave performance. Paired well with the citrus from both the splash + serum leaving my face all refreshed.
Shave wise the blade provided 5 enjoyable shaves but starting to show some harshness so time to move onto something different.
I'm continuously impressed with the brush as the modern design feels comfortable and the hints of blue go well with the greens. Despite the odd shedding the Rhodium knot feels super soft and lathers up soft or hard soaps with ease!

the Mike’s is an under appreciated classic.

RAZOR: Proserpine Razor Co 5/8" custom with Bethlehem olive wood scales
CREAM: Proraso Red
BRUSH: Pearson Mason Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Red

JuyNhuk.jpg

A late but great Sunday morning shave. I gave it some balsa wood treatment and a strop on Black Beauty to keep the edge keen & sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.