Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vie-Long 22mm Brown Horse Hair
Soap:- GEO.F.Trumper's - Spanish Leather
Razor:- Ralf Aust 6/8" American Point, Wenge Handle
Aftershave:- Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars

BovZFGQ.jpg
We are both fortunate. Ralf makes a lovely razor.

I have kept aside my unobtainium Palmolive shaving soap stick (Australian) for a few decades and rarely used it. Normally I only shave with this soap for weddings, christenings and funerals. Weddings and christenings are becoming fewer and funerals more common.

Today I returned to my Palmolive stick so as to compare it against my ARKO stick tomorrow. As has been my decision for this week, I shaved with my Comoy's of London 6/8 finished on 0.1μm hanging balsa and face lathering using my most favoured Chinese synthetic brush.

full

Oh, what a feeling! It was so good that I wanted to do more full passes after my normal WTG, 2 x XTG + fool's pass. With a great test of my willpower, I was able to control myself knowing that if I did, I would have nothing to shave tomorrow.

This Palmolive stick outshines all the creams I have been using this week and probably my tallow Tabac. Tomorrow I will see if ARKO is better.
The Palmolive stick still seems to be available if you really want it... Try VSHOD, best service in Australia.

Seems more like summer this morning, well sunshine at least, still pretty cool!

ohMmggRl.jpg

My last shave this week with Comoy's of London 6/8. It has been a sterling performer, even when asked to shave with some trying lathers.

This morning I face lathered with an ARKO stick and Chinese synthetic brush. It was lovely to again to experience the wonderful fragrant scent of ARKO. I digress. The purpose of this shave was to compare ARKO against yesterday's lather with my unobtainium Palmolive shaving soap stick.

Although I had thought that nothing could better ARKO, I was wrong. The Palmolive stick was noticeably better in both ease of lathering and slickness. Palmolive was also more comfortable to shave with and left my skin more moist.

The Palmolive stick I am referring to here is the Australian made one that has been unobtainable for well over a decade. This all that I have left.

full

After this shave, the Comoy was treated to 60 laps on a 0.1μm diamond pasted hanging balsa strop, waxed with Renaissance and put away in its kid-leather pouch for a well earned rest.

Tomorrow is the start of a new week. I will be shaving all week with my English M7DS. During the week I will be taking one for the team.

The Palmolive stick still seems to be available if you really want it... Try VSHOD, best service in Australia.

A few months back I tried ordering from them and while on the website it showed as available , after it went to payment page , it would say out of stock or something like that,

I did buy one (the European one) a while back from Beard&blade. They may still have it.

[url=https://postimg.cc/mPmd66W6][/URL]

A while ago I got a sample of Acca Kappa Muscho Bianco EDC with a purchase. I liked the scent a lot and was happy to see there's a shaving soap with the same scent. There is two actually: a hard soap which I think is out of production but still easily available and the one that I have in the picture: A softer soap that you could essentially consider a dense cream.

This was my first use and it really impressed: it produced a thick creamy and slick lather. The scent is similar to EDC, I just wish it was a bit stronger.

I guess at least it's not arko. The Palmolive stuff was OK, but it was never much more than a supermarket shaving soap. There are just so many better offerings out there... :whistle:

I guess at least it's not arko. The Palmolive stuff was OK, but it was never much more than a supermarket shaving soap. There are just so many better offerings out there... :whistle:
The Arko stick is pretty good but the puck that comes in the red tub is amazing, almost as good as vintage Williams, which has plenty of slick and cushion. Can't wait for Speedy's response to that. :LOL:

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Vitos Menthol & Eculyptus shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 'Slim' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: B&M Le Grand Chypre EDT

Warming up?

qEu1f8Rl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.