Brush: DC Blades- BlackGold
Soap:-
M&M - Triskele
Str8:- DC Blades The Cleaver
Aftershave:-
M&M - Triskele

236KRNV.jpg
6y6k9Oi.jpg

Its easy to forget how sharp this blade is when smoothly gliding over skin scything through stubble until it hits an obstacle like an earlobe or adams apple :)
Mistook some rough skin for stubble and performed a bit of dermabrasion at corners of the mouth removing a couple of layers too many chasing BBS.
The alum block let me know just how close the shave was.
LK91Bde.gif

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Firefighter
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - Hybrid Malle Burl Chamelion holographic 30mm Rhodium knot
Soap/Cream: Hub City - Aegyptus
Razor: Blackland - Tradere SB
Blade: Gillette Minora (1)
Post-shave: Hub City - Aegyptus AS splash / Nivia Men - Deep

2 Pass WTG = DFS +. Super close shave almost a BBS using only WTG passes. Finally put the Rocca away and used something different. The Tradere, this one took me by surprise for blade feel and effciency which was more than I expected, no surprise for smoothness. The Minora blade feels sharper than I remember last time I used it. Will have to use a 7 o'clock green next time in this razor to confirm.

The Soap, Hub City Aegyptus. Scent strength, medium off the puck, and medium for the splash. Scent notes from TTS, Aegyptus is a mysterious and intriguing scent. It opens up with ozone and jasmine. Leather, patchouli, sandalwood, and tonka bean give this a masculine body, and musk, amber, and powder give it a light finish. This is a complex scent that can give you something different each time you catch a whiff of it.

I purchased this combo as I wanted to try an original scent from Hub City and not a dupe. It's definately an original scent I would classify it as a dark oriental scent that is masculine, that can be worn for all seasons in the evenings. TTS scent description is spot. If I close my eyes I can pick up the musk, pachouli, tonka bean, leather. If open my eyes and smell it it 30 mims later I pick up the top note of the Jasmine and the ozone. The dry down is a mixture of all the above scent notes, with the ozone and patchouli being identifiable after an hour, and the AS splash a little sweeter than the soap. There is a fair bit of patchouli in this, more than I am used too, I don't think its overdone and certainly not like at insense stick intensity.

Overall it' s good soap, performance wise it's really good, I need more time with the soap base to explore what it can do to determine if it's great.

Last edited:
s9.png

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Mühle R95 birch-bark Rocca
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge Yellow
Post-shave: Shower, TND, Nivea Balm, Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF 50

I've been neglecting my DE razors lately, so going back to a surefire perfect combo here.

Edit: colour balance in my pic is a bit much. Realised I had HDR on by mistake. Oh well...

Weekend Shaves

IMG-20210110-103150.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes BetaHive Cu 28mm SHD Fan
Razor: RR Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Wizamet SI (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: B&M Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood
Post: B&M Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood A/S Splash // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

Not the biggest fan of this scent as its too earthy for my liking but the base works well with sublime lather produced by the badger knot. Shave wise this was first attempt using a Wizamet in this razor and although smooth there was significant blade feel that I have yet to experience when using this mild razor?
Not really noticing any dramatic difference to my skin since using the Hyaluronic Acid except it feels sticky but dries well and leaves head looking shiny.
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Not really noticing any dramatic difference to my skin since using the Hyaluronic Acid except it feels sticky but dries well and leaves head looking shiny.
I suspect the stickiness is a result of the glycerol and other glycerol-derived compounds which act as humectants (attract water). The Ordinary's website is slightly misleading in saying the product is alcohol-free when the product is packed with non-ethanol alcohols. Nevertheless, shiny is good when it comes to heads; I always like to think people should be able to see their reflection on mine :)

SOTW...
s10.png

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Mühle R95 birch-bark Rocca
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge Yellow
Post-shave: Shower, TND, Nivea Balm, Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF 50

In my extended dalliance with the SE razor over the last few weeks, I almost forgot how good some of my other options are. Plus it can now truly be said that Sumer Is Icumen In, and Rawr is a great way to celebrate it. Tasmania is the place to be when a hot day is 30°. Yes, we do get the occasional 40° day, but even now, that's rare.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club (A&E) ~ Charlatans Traipse
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacets #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Soap/Cream:- The Club (A&E) ~ Charlatans Traipse

What's your thoughts on the soap specifically the scent ?

That's a tough question for me to explain from my nose, okay, the scent profile is Sweet herbs, Tobacco, and Smoky Leather.

This soap is NOT in your face too quick and hard the strengh from the tub is around mid-level, I can smell tobacco, however, it's very difficult for me to smell smoky leather or just leather, because, the sweet herbs keeps getting in the way from the smoky leather from my nose. The sweet herbs smells like a sweet spices and herbs such as stevia, cinnamon, vanilla and licorice. Which is okay and they blend together very well with tobacco and leather.

Be warned!! When you face lather or bowl lather, you will get a low to mid tingling feeling on the face, it's not like straight cinnamon that will burn your face like HELL or any bad irritation on the face
This soap Charlatans Traipse doesn't give me any irritation or anything that will feel something burning like fire, because the sweet herbs is only giving you a low to mid tingling feeling on the face without any irritation at all.

I hope this helps you, but, this scent is very difficult for me to smell smoky leather or just leather. I can only grab Sweet herbs and Tobacco.

Last edited:
qys225y.jpg

Pre: water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: Gillette 7OC yellow
Brush: Oumo 28mm TH
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Samhain

The 'springy-ness' of the TH fibre is as close to a badger as I've seen yet. Very little soap is flicked off when I face lather, unlike with firmer synthetics like a plisson. I don't know if fibre spring is related to backbone since my badgers have way more backbone than my synthetics, yet do not flick anywhere near the amount of soap when face lathering/painting (with consistent soap hydration levels). This brush is starting to become my go-to synthetic on the days I'm not using a badger (on soaps I want to save from a thirsty brush, or soaps with vanilla that may stain a natural fibre, or on days where I just want a change).

So, finally managed to shave with Samhain. Just like a pumpkin biscuit with bourbon. The pour even looks like biscuit pieces to me. It's very gourmand on the nose and the scent comes off as warm. I might shelve this soap for use in winter. I like more bright and fresh soaps for summer time.

IMG-20210110-155029.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Chameleon Malle Burl & Holographic 30mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Rocca Vr R94
Blade: Muhle (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: A&E Asian Plum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

As the saying goes, whenever the manufacturer sends you a blade with their razor it's safe to say they want you to give it a try and to my surprise the Muhle blade provided a very enjoyable shave with great results. Before you ask, NO it wasn't the smoothest but first shave in, the blade is top 5 with decent efficiency, no burn/irritation and no way harsh with minimal blade feel... Will it last the distance, only time can tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.