Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blade: Muhle

Before you ask, NO it wasn't the smoothest but first shave in, the blade is top 5 with decent efficiency, no burn/irritation and no way harsh with minimal blade feel
B3NGkm7.gif

KxAu5aM.png

JOCnjv0.jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 SB WRH7 SS
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Mike's Lime

Finally some time to post a SOTD picture - how can a Wolfman shave be anything but sensational ;)

I hope you all have a wonderfull start into the new week (y)

Pre-shave: Warm Water
Brush: Wolf Whiskers - custom 30mm blackwolf
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming - Son Et Lumiere
Razor: Blackland - Tradere SB
Blade: Gillette 7 Oclock Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming - Son Et Lumiere AS splash / Nivia Men - Deep moisturiser.

2pass + touchups = DFS+. A significantly milder shave than yesterday's with the same razor. Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless are known for their milder smoother shaves. Definatelty the newer Gillette Minora is significantly sharper and more blade feel in this razor than the Gillette 7o'clock Super Stainless. To me so far, the new Minora blade feels alot closer to the feel and effciency of a Gillette Silver Blue. The R&D to identify which blade it is could take along time to do myself.:(.

The Soap, Declaration Grooming - Son Et Lumiere. Scent Strength medium for both soap and splash. Scent notes Asphalt, Petrichor, Rain, and Leaves. ( The splash also has a floral note of Neroli added !).

Ok I will cut to the chase, Why has Declaration Grooming created a second
scent almost identical to another scent (Bangarang) it released only 6 weeks before? Bangarang scent notes, Florals, bay, rain Petrichor, Leaves. This has caused me to be very confused at the artisan at the moment as to why bother with such a release, especially with the splash being even more similar 80% the same !!!!

Declaration Grooming describe the scent as - Son et Lumiere, sound and light, is a distant cousin petrichor-esque scent to Bangarang. Where Bangarang is a rainy adventure in the woods, Son et Lumiere is a drizzly autumn walk through a (clean) city. Leaves, pavement, and the distinct scent of rain make a crisp, approachable-yet-nuanced accord.

The scent can be classified as a petrichor / fouguere. I know there is no lavender top notes, or oakmoss and fern, though the leaves, rain, petrichor do create a green note very similar to the more modern fougere formulas that have a floral top note. The splash has Neroli in it even though not listed. My final thoughts, Bangarang is a more sophisticated scent than son et lumiere and the better purchase if your thinking about this soap/splash.

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Frank Shaving Pure Badger 24mm
Soap:- Stirling - Executive Man
Razor:- Karve OC - "D"
Blade:- Wizamet (8)
Aftershave:- Stirling - Executive Man

R87fTY2.jpg

2 x passes WTG for a DFS (y) still enjoying the Karve OC-D plate when the shave gets a bit too close just back off and use the teeth for protection

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Flying Hide
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

06qs7kJ.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Fine Accoutrements
Brush:- Semogue 1305 boar
Soap:- Noble Otter BarrBarr
Razor:- Smart Helix Apollo Light (Aggr.)
Blade:- Gillette Stainless (1)
Post/After-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Pinaud Clubman Musk
Fragrance:- Jovan Musk

First shave with the Gillette Stainless blade and it lived up to it's reputation; sharp and smooth. Very much like the Wizamet/Polsilver SI for mine, which is good!
Been away from the Apollo for a while but it's a pleasure to use as always.

Again as I said above how's the brush @Mark1966 ??

Sorry, not enough information on how’s the new brush.

Sorry, only used once, too early to make any definitive comment ...

giphy.gif

Smartass! Little Prick.

Oh mate, I PROMISE I will give some feedback on it tomorrow once I've had a couple of uses out of it.

Just having some fun

Status
Not open for further replies.