Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Nacet, but not in this razor. (n)
giphy.gif

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5, Anthelios SPF50+

Sometimes when I feel like pampering myself, I load up as much soap as the brush will physically hold, squeeze the proto-lather into my bowl then go back to the tub for another load. A truly sumptuous shave :love:

Fusion.jpg

No photo (again!) [MOD Edit: Now fixed], maybe I'll just have to do you an oil painting.
Anyway, did my usual 2 razor shave.
1st pass ss Karve F plate SB, 2x Wizamet blade.
2nd pass the Blackbird with the new OC baseplate (with thanks to Shane at Blackland), new Gillette Rubie blade.
Arlington soap. Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Pony knot brush (love that brush).
Wow...nice shave...great shave!
That new baseplate and the Rubie blade (first time I've tried a Rubie in the Blackbird) have made a heck of a difference.
Lovely smooth shave.
Seems that once all the stars are aligned (or you hold your tongue in the right position) the Blackbird does shave nicely.
That 'funny' baseplate probably ruined the experience for previous owner, and quite frankly made me wonder what I had struck. All good now.
Happy camper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth PC Charity Auction 2019 shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings shaving soap
Razor: Vintage (rhodium replated) Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (6)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Two Kings splash
Fragrance: Pemhaligon's Halfeti EDP

Sublime

ymm7og5l.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - custom 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: West Coast Shaving - Chypre
Razor: Karve CB - SS SB (F)
Blade: Gillette - Silver Blue (5)
Post-shave: WCS - Chypre AS splash / A&E - skin food nourishing cream

2 pass WTG = DFS+ daily shave. Back into daily shaves, although still a few days behind by the time this is posted. My favourite Chypre scented soap and splash, great for the warm weather.

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5, Anthelios SPF50+

I'm nearly at the end of this tub, and I have no backup. Arrrghhh :eek: How to survive the rest of the sabbatical... Never mind, I've got lots of Mystic Water. I've also finished this tube of the La Roche Posay serum that I've been calling "snake oil", unfairly as it turns out. It settles things down much, much better than any balm I've tried (especially including Nivea, which dries out my skin). Before/after pics appear to show my skin as noticeably smoother. It's had daily use from Feb 3rd, so that mitigates the hefty $50 price tag.

That said, I'm going to work on my own moisturisers for the next few months, but if I can come up with a product as good as this, I'll be happy.

[url=https://postimg.cc/9DJ0X1FS][/URL]

Pre: Proraso Red
Brush: Semogue Boar
Cream: Extro Bay Rum (sample)
Razor: Feather SS folding
Blade: Kai Pro Touch MG

I'm getting more comfortable with the Feather razor however getting an even shave on both sides of the face remains a challenge: the left side, where I use a left hand grip for, does not turn out to be as smooth as the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.