Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me!? I is driven’ through dat water.
4 inches of water won’t stop me🤣🤣
LCsZAkUl.jpg

There was a fair bit of water laying around and only shallow where it crossed the road in a few places but by and large they haven’t had anywhere near the amount of rain as on the eastern seaboard.
Thanks @Razor Burn
Glad to read that you're spared the excess rain as a colleague of mine was remarking today that Dubbo was due for heavy rain today and I automatically though of you??? :unsure:

Glad to read that you're spared the excess rain as a colleague of mine was remarking today that Dubbo was due for heavy rain today and I automatically though of you??? :unsure:

I was just hoping that the rain would wash @Pbgoose's rats away!

Rats are very clever climbing a tree or something higher and they can go without food for at least 2 weeks during the floods these little bastards are very smart.
Further more if the rats get very hungry, they’ll choose the weakest rat in the pack and eaten them to death.

Pre-shave:- Shower/Proraso - Green Tea and Oatmeal Pre-Barba
Brushes:- Vintage Butterscotch Simpson “8” and Kent v5
Soap:- Proraso - Green Tea and Oatmeal Sapone Da Barba
Razor:- Lupo 95
Blade:- Wizamet
Aftershave:-Fine - Classic American Blend

5qDLcrn.jpg

Reposting because this morning's shave was so efficient I stopped at 1 pass WTG.
The Simpson 8 was soft and slick and I wanted to go a 2nd pass to use up remaining lather but there was absolutely no reason, not even a buff
Didn't have to wait 3 days to regrow either :)

Last edited:
Further more if the rats get very hungry, they’ll choose the weakest rat in the pack and eaten them to death.

Reminds me of some shaving forums ...

Reposting because this morning's shave was so efficient I stopped at 1 pass WTG.
The Simpson 8 was soft and slick and I wanted to go a 2nd pass to use up remaining lather but there was absolutely no reason, not even a buff
Any shaving soap leftover after your first pass, give your face a real good long slow wash. Your face feels soft and moisturising after a good long face wash, you don’t need any aftershave or balm at all.

I wanted to go a 2nd pass to use up remaining lather but there was absolutely no reason, not even a buff...
Sounds like a good reason to change your pre-shave to post. That way, you can use up all that yummy lather by spreading it over any and all parts of your anatomy that float your boat, and rinse it all indulgently in the shower. That way you get to enjoy the scent for that much longer. (Or Frau Holiday can hate it, as the case may be... ;))

667O2l1.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Asco
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
Soap: Barrister & Mann - The Full Measure of Man

I think I picked up a tuck of these Ascos for $2 and thought I'd give them a try. They're terrible. Tuggy and scrapey. Into the blade bank it goes. That's disappointing. Shark's aren't too bad a shave. Haven't tried Lord yet. But I may have to think twice before trying another Egyptian blade.

BM TFMOM was a FOMO purchase for me. I'm not really into these dark scented soaps and this one is basically in the same group as Hallows and Leviathan. Kind of musty leather with maple syrup, I was wondering where the tobacco was, and it showed up when I was washing the brush out in warm water, the scent of dried tobacco leaf sort of bloomed out from there. I don't usually lather with warm water, but I may do it with the soap next time, see if I can get the tobacco to show up again.

Sounds like a good reason to change your pre-shave to post. That way, you can use up all that yummy lather by spreading it over any and all parts of your anatomy that float your boat, and rinse it all indulgently in the shower. That way you get to enjoy the scent for that much longer. (Or Frau Holiday can hate it, as the case may be... ;))
Don't forget I am a bit miserly therefore shame to waste soap = could probably have got one more pass out of it.
Don't think there's enough to shower my left arm :)

Pre-shave:- Shower/Proraso - Green Tea and Oatmeal Pre-Barba
Brushes:- Vintage Butterscotch Simpson “8” and Kent v5
Soap:- Proraso - Green Tea and Oatmeal Sapone Da Barba
Razor:- Lupo 95
Blade:- Wizamet
Aftershave:-Fine - Classic American Blend

5qDLcrn.jpg

Thoughts on the Lupo 95?

Pre: Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: German Wilkie
Brush: Yaki 24mm Mew Brown
Soap: MdC Rose

What an incredible shave, The Black Wilkinson swords are a perfect match for the WR2. Previous to these the feather would be my favourite in sharpness and its reasonably smooth, then the wizamet which are incredibly smooth while still reasonably sharp but these blades are the best combo for sharpness and smoothness, especially in this razor

51066419538_d498d57a3f_b.jpg

Pre: Proraso red
Brush: Semogue boar
Soap: Extro Bay Rum
Razor: Blackland Vector with Schick Proline
Post: Proraso green lotion, GFT Spanish Leather skin food

Extro Bay Rum is a sample that I got from Connaught a while ago. It's Italian and I guess you can either call it a soft soap or a dense cream. It burst into a nice thick lather within seconds of whipping it around in the lathering bowl.

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5

With the weather suddenly turning wetter, I decided today was a good day to get my Two Kings out of storage. I absolutely love this scent. Also decided I could do without the sunblock for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.