Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
51105319012_0cebe88e9e_c.jpg

Brush: Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: Above The Tie Windsor Pro SB90
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Lather: Declaration Grooming - Unscented - Soap

Fourth and final new soap for the week. I picked up this one just to enjoy the scent of the aftershave. Great shave, my youngest son woke up mid-shave, but I was able to finish with no dramas.

Have a great weekend!

F71442-B4-6988-47-DD-9757-C222-AA8-E613-B.jpg

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Feather Hi-STAINLESS
Brush: Yaqi rainbow
Cream: Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated shaving cream

The razor is far too mild for my liking, yet leaves a reasonably good finished product after 3 passes. Have to hit the sweet spot angle to get close enough, but very comfortable and easy to get a good enough weekend shave without too much fuss.

Just trying to use up the last of this cream. Don’t mind the spearmint scent, but just performance lacking. By the third pass I was effectively just shaving with frothy water.

zjJp2GZ.jpg

Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-Band
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender

Now this is a vintage setup for me - my first stainless steel razor and one of my first custom brushes. Both did not disappoint and the end result was a silky smooth shave - happy days!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- TF Custom Phantom Nebula handle 28mm badger.
Soap:- Mammoth Soaps - Restore
Razor:- Dubl Duck - Goldedge
Balm:- Mammoth Soaps - Restore

Todays shave thanks to @tim33z & @miner
eqqnOSV.jpg

Nice solid handle on the Nebula - Very comfortable and ergonomic with a good grip - First big knot that did not feel too large or splayed
I don't think Mammoth Soaps need blooming - ended up with soapy strings like bath soap left in the water for too long - still performed excellent despite being bloomed

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Orbit
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Gillette Nacet #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Thank you, Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh for your greatest support and service to our Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and to the whole Commonwealth around the world, my full condolences, and respect to the Royal family.

So mote it be.

zjJp2GZ.jpg

Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-Band
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender

Now this is a vintage setup for me - my first stainless steel razor and one of my first custom brushes. Both did not disappoint and the end result was a silky smooth shave - happy days!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)
That's one funky looking brush mate! :love:

6.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

A common weekend shave for me. The Stirling B/Lav is clearly not the work of a master perfumer, but it really doesn't have to be. This simple scent never fails to lift my spirit, I totally love it.

Incidentally, it occurs to me to say something about my DIY moisturiser. This is a WIP, at this stage going back to basics: it's just there to put water back into the skin and keep it there, nothing more (so far). It consists of distilled water (77%), glycerol (5%), emulsifying wax (5%), almond oil (12%), preservative and importantly, a few drops of Bridestowe Estate lavender EO just to make me feel good. Applied sparingly to skin before it completely dries out, it seems to work at least as well as products costing $$$. At this stage, I don't plan to do very much to it except a few experiments with hyaluronic acid and tocopherol acetate (vitamin E). I haven't costed this moisturiser yet, but a guess is somewhere around $10/litre.

Last edited:
FXgeHBb.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Perfecto Virginia Aftershave Splash

An effortless, smooth and close three pass shave with this line-up, with tobacco featuring prominently.
You will find a review for the Bootlegger's Aftershave here - Bootlegger's Perfecto Virginia Review

Proraso Red preshave
Feather SS Folding Razor with Schick Proline
Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania soap sample
Omega silvertip badger brush
Tabac Aftershave Lotion

It is so ....

.... pink!

There really is a brush you should use with that around too ...

IMG-20210411-150058.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H (both plates)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Squadron Soaps Empire
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS=

God Save the Queen!

Status
Not open for further replies.