Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Frank Shaving - Boar
Soap:- RazoRock - Santal Royale
Razor:- Apollo Light - Aggressive Plate
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Aftershave:- RazoRock - Santal Royale

BBS on 1st pass - the anti-climax of shaving - but what a nice smooth and irritation free BBS

JXbpmWJ.jpg

IMG-20210412-185447.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes T-400 24mm Silvertip
Razor: Yintal 3000s Brass TTO (5, 3)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (6)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
Post: Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Same setup but tried a Yellow instead and although equally smooth its not as close as the Wizamet for some reason???
Hard to justify another razor purchase as this one shaves supreme but I know it'll end up breaking with regular use as it feels quite fragile... :(

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

x7KI8h4.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5)
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super
Brush: The Stray Whisker Synthetic
Soap: Squadron 'The Warden'

Haven't used this soap for a few years and I remember why it was so good. Easier to load than many artisans and the slickness is just phenomenal. The lather resembles Phoenix & Beau in some ways for me, but it performs better in my book. I was able to glide over parts of my neck that are usually such a pain, and I may have even overdone it in fact. This Perma-Sharp blade seems to strike a nice balance between sharpness and smoothness too. Enjoy your evening, everyone.

Gillette popular model + Rhodium knot
Gillette Slim
MdC Fougere

The Slim and I just don't get along​
Sell your slim to @Mark1966, I’m sure he would loved to have another keeper in his den.

I’ve seen crazy documentary channels about strange men and women with serious mental health disorder who fall in love with crazy objects, living in their own sexual world. So don’t play around with your pinky fantasies collection, otherwise, you’ll end up with some of those crazy people.

I’ve seen crazy documentary channels about strange men and women with serious mental health disorder who fall in love with crazy objects, living in their own sexual world. So don’t play around with your pinky fantasies collection, otherwise, you’ll end up with some of those crazy people.
Hey Speedy, I draw your attention to this article, Pink Wasn't Always Girly. There are plenty more such articles to be found. The notion of pink=effeminate is really quite recent.

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: A&E Kaizen sample ((y) @Wilkshire13)
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

An improvement on yesterday's shave: a bigger load of soap and a fresh blade. This is the nicest of the A&E scents I've come across so far, but still a bit sweet for me. I can't fault the base though. I reckon I can get a good lather with just about any soap (with the exception of GFT and Col. Conk), but this one gets there quicker than just about any other I've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.