Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: German Wilkies
Brush: RR 22mm Plissoft
Soap: TSM Fougere

Took care of 3 days growth with pleasure!!!

51186245778_de35034f34_b.jpg

Pre: Proraso White pre-shave cream
Razor: Asylum
Blade: Feather, 6 times used
Brush: Synthetic of my own creation
Soap: Proraso White
Post: Imperial Leather and Nivea Sensitive post shave Balm

Now that I have something a little more interesting than one old and one new Gillette razor, time to post in the SOTD.
1st shave ever with my new Asylum razor and went chasing the BBS. May have overdone the chin area. Maybe the razor, maybe the used feather blade, dunno, but it left a sting!
Better get me an Alum block soon I think.
Bring on tomorrow, next up is the Rockwell Model T in gunmetal, and a new blade I think.

axqQPm9.jpg

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming - Chaotic Neutral - Thanks @rhodes96 (y)
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

Another random choice today, but this time I failed to guess the soap manufacturer. The milksteak base is up there with the very best that I've tried, and well worth all the hype. And this scent is by far the nicest I've tried from DG, a warm accord suggesting a day indoors out of the weather.

The scent notes DG provide are "Amber, Oak, Cardamom, Patchouli, Black Tea, Sandalwood, Bourbon, Tobacco, Clary Sage." I can't honestly say that any one of those jumps to the foreground for me (maybe bourbon?), not even patchouli, which I have a particular aversion to. Whatever they've done, they've done it right - and interestingly, without apparent input from Chatillon Lux. (y)(y)

Pre: Proraso White pre-shave cream
Razor: Asylum
Blade: Feather, 6 times used
Brush: Synthetic of my own creation
Soap: Proraso White
Post: Imperial Leather and Nivea Sensitive post shave Balm

Now that I have something a little more interesting than one old and one new Gillette razor, time to post in the SOTD.
1st shave ever with my new Asylum razor and went chasing the BBS. May have overdone the chin area. Maybe the razor, maybe the used feather blade, dunno, but it left a sting!
Better get me an Alum block soon I think.
Bring on tomorrow, next up is the Rockwell Model T in gunmetal, and a new blade I think.

axqQPm9.jpg

Do you find the imperial leather leaves a glossy/oily finish on your skin after using it?

I was given a bottle as a gift but I always find that like 2 hours after using it I have this weird soft coated feeling on my face and if I rub it with my fingers the shiny coating transfers on to them. Are all aftershaves like this?

Before you go shopping for alum blocks, you might be interested to take a look at this thread for a cheaper, easier to apply version...

That was the one soap I had a 50/50 chance you might not like due to the patchouli. Glad you liked it.:) Declaration Grooming have some outstanding and unique original fragrances to their soaps, especially when it comes to darker warmer scents.

IMG-20210513-215531.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm Plissoft
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Gillette Minora Stainless (5) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Bay Rum sample
Post: TSW After Balm // PAA Atomic Bay Rum A/S Splash sample // P&B Imperial Bay Rum solid cologne
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS+

When you're onto a good thing then why change it... :love:
The blade paired with the Rocca is such a pleasure with very minimal regrowth after 13 hrs and the lather was slick and plentiful!

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - P&C charity auction 2020 ivory 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Whispers from the woods - All Things Nice
Razor: Muhle - Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette - Minora Stainless (5)
Post-shave: Geo F Trumper - Sandalwood skin food / A&E - Anti ageing night time eye cream.

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. Another great shave with the Rocca and Minora set-up.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - P&C charity auction 2020 ivory 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Whispers from the woods - All Things Nice
Razor: Muhle - Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette - Minora Stainless (5)
Post-shave: Geo F Trumper - Sandalwood skin food / A&E - Anti ageing night time eye cream.

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. Another great shave with the Rocca and Minora set-up.
How's the soap? All Things Nice

giphy.gif

uQG6gvW.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2.5)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, DR Harris Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion

One of those classics that I had never got around to trying - Proraso Red. Loved it - warm, inviting sandalwood scent and great performance.
Cracking shave with BBS result.

Status
Not open for further replies.