Status
Not open for further replies.
1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" piggy-wig
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, Avène Sunscreen Aqua-Fluid SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen
Winning combination. Boar brush and hard soap. So how did they go?

Reactions: Hos
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Monarch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 'Slim' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (7)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Monarch splash
Fragrance: N/A

Pic today, still a great shave

mp64AX2l.jpg

Gxsy0jr.jpg

Pre: Shower
Soap: Valobra Fougere
Brush: Omega 81052 Boar
Razor: Feather AC SS
Blade: Feather Super Professional (4)
Post post: SW After Balm
Fragrance: Penhaligon’s Opus 1870 EDT

Enjoyed that one. Happy Sunday to all

Winning combination. Boar brush and hard soap. So how did they go?
Excellent, the Yardley lathers like a bomb, and the Forgotten Art brush feels really nice in the hand, so it's good to be able to enjoy it with a more interesting knot. My only criticism of the piggy-wig is that it's a bit on the lean side, so doesn't hold as much lather as I'd like. For a supposedly 28mm knot, there's surprisingly little fibre there. This 26mm handle could easily hold a much bushier knot, but I don't know what to look for.

Excellent, the Yardley lathers like a bomb, and the Forgotten Art brush feels really nice in the hand, so it's good to be able to enjoy it with a more interesting knot. My only criticism of the piggy-wig is that it's a bit on the lean side, so doesn't hold as much lather as I'd like. For a supposedly 28mm knot, there's surprisingly little fibre there. This 26mm handle could easily hold a much bushier knot, but I don't know what to look for.
Maybe Maggard, they have a 28mm boar but I would just check the size. Zenith have great knots but Im informed that they glue the knot directly into the handle so it would be a major problem to get them out intact.

IMG-20220116-144559-2.jpg

Brush: DS Cosmetics Bikki 26/60mm badger/boar P&C Charity Auction 2021
Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (5)
Soap: Wolfpac Ice Pac
Post: Sukin Biomarine Facial Serum // @SpeedyPC A/S Splash
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

A quick face/head shave to see out the weekend with the same setup from the past few shaves....

stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Gxsy0jr.jpg

Soap: Valobra Fougere
Brush: Omega 81052 Boar
Razor: Feather AC SS
Blade: Feather Super Professional (4)
Post post: SW After Balm
Fragrance: Penhaligon’s Opus 1870 EDT

Enjoyed that one. Happy Sunday to all
Bummer that Thayers stopping making Superhazel - it was my go-to for any stubborn irritation, shaving or otherwise. Only a few applications left in my final bottle.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Stirling Gentlemen shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods P&C Charity Auction LE Prototype Stinger
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Stirling Gentlemen splash
Fragrance: Miller Harris Feuille de Tabac

Nice start to the week

Fr5ioHMl.jpg

Bummer that Thayers stopping making Superhazel - it was my go-to for any stubborn irritation, shaving or otherwise. Only a few applications left in my final bottle.
Didn’t realise that. I love it. I have about 50ml left. I will use it very sparingly.

ChAcibI.png

Karve CB 3.5” Brass SB-F / Astra SP
Jayaruh #408 2-band badger
Tabac Tallow Formula
Tabac Aftershave

That brush SCREAMS Tabac! Another great looking shave - and great pic

9UdqAQXl.jpg

Pre Shave: Hot Towel
Razor: Dovo Diamant
Soap: Stirling Black Cherry
Brush: YAQI Marpat Jester

I wasn't sure if I liked the scent of this one when I first opened the tub as it wasn't what I was expecting and I think it messed with my head. I think I had Cherry Ripe in my mind and it was driving me mad trying to think of what it was I could smell.

Halfway through the shave, it dawned on me, it smells like Kirschwasser, German Cherry Brandy. As soon I'd worked it out that it was a scent of alcohol and dark cherries, I instantly liked it as it smells of Black Forest cake.

1.png

Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" piggy-wig, CaYuen "Watermelon" 28mm AP G5B
Soap: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge (Valobra)
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, Avène Sunscreen Aqua-Fluid SPF50+, Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Cologne

I got a bit grumpy with the boar today. It's normal for any brush to lose a hair or two for the first couple of days, but upwards of 20 on the 6th shave is getting a bit much. I'm also struggling to get a decent load even after an eternity of scrubbing away at the puck. This time, when all I had was a little left for the second pass, I gave up and put the pig aside. The synth never has any trouble loading up enough to shave a yak, with enough left for me to soap up for the shower.

1.png

Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" piggy-wig, CaYuen "Watermelon" 28mm AP G5B
Soap: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge (Valobra)
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, Avène Sunscreen Aqua-Fluid SPF50+, Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Cologne

I got a bit grumpy with the boar today. It's normal for any brush to lose a hair or two for the first couple of days, but upwards of 20 on the 6th shave is getting a bit much. I'm also struggling to get a decent load even after an eternity of scrubbing away at the puck. This time, when all I had was a little left for the second pass, I gave up and put the pig aside. The synth never has any trouble loading up enough to shave a yak, with enough left for me to soap up for the shower.

I thought you didnt use animal brushes? or are you just enjoy pork too much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.