Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we see a picture from a bowl? because mine is sometimes not density enough lather from a bowl.

sorry dont have a picture of the bowl, but trust me when I say its nothing special.. just one I picked up from target when I started DE shaving for like a $1, and if anything it was way to small. I dont think the bowl was the reason it turned out ok, just the fact I added a lot of water to it

you can see from the first pic to the second i went from totally airy to decent lather and I am sure I can get it better.

52384485459_7350b21f35_c.jpg
52383241202_0fcce043ee_c.jpg

sorry dont have a picture of the bowl, but trust me when I say its nothing special.. just one I picked up from target when I started DE shaving for like a $1, and if anything it was way to small. I dont think the bowl was the reason it turned out ok, just the fact I added a lot of water to it

you can see from the first pic to the second i went from totally airy to decent lather and I am sure I can get it better.

52384485459_7350b21f35_c.jpg
52383241202_0fcce043ee_c.jpg
Same looks a bit airy, that's normal for MWF, just checking.

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Thayers witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Elephant Hills, India

Sorry about the crappy pic :rolleyes:
...But there's this

Hey guys with all this praise I gave it another crack last night, but this time in a bowl (I only ever face lather)

So started off and early results were exactly the same as before, so I started adding more water (distilled) working it, more water etc

Basically added much more water than I usually add and it slowly started improving till I saw a noticeable difference.. lathered turned out quite lush and thick.. painted it on my arm and was quite impressed

This is one thirsty soap and judging by @alfredus comments which didn't mention distilled water, adelaide water should be OK?
I never bother with distilled water these days...just means you have to work a bit harder 😉

Pre-shave: Proraso Red preshave cream
Brush: TF Customs Burl Hybrid. #1
Soap: Crown King The Kiss
Razor: Asylum Evolution
Blade: Gillette #1
Post-shave: Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Stray Whisker Balm, Crown King The Kiss Splash

This soap splash set is getting low now. Definitely my next on the "Finished Products" thread, next month.
Thought I'd take one of my NOS NFS TF Customs hybrids for it's 1st whirl around a bowl today. Beautiful brush!:love:

Nqu7OAx.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @TroyTools LE Platypig boar brush
Soap/Cream: Los Jabones de Joserra Rodrigo de Jerez shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Birch Bark Rocca razor
Blade: British Wilkinson Sword Chromium Plated (7)
Post-shave: TSW After Balm balm
Fragrance: Santa Maria Novella Aqcua Di Cuba EDC (decant)

I'm not surprised that the Rodrigo de Jerez is 'Los Jabones de Joserra's est selling scents', it is superb off the puck!

The Santa Maria Novella Aqcua Di Cuba tops it off superbly

Sensational start to the week.

oNasCZ4l.jpg

BTW - the decants are in these atomisers from Artisan Arcade - very classy @Ozwhisker !
Very nice!

Hey guys with all this praise I gave it another crack last night, but this time in a bowl (I only ever face lather)

So started off and early results were exactly the same as before, so I started adding more water (distilled) working it, more water etc

Basically added much more water than I usually add and it slowly started improving till I saw a noticeable difference.. lathered turned out quite lush and thick.. painted it on my arm and was quite impressed

This is one thirsty soap and judging by @alfredus comments which didn't mention distilled water, adelaide water should be OK?
I've had good success with MWF here in Adelaide using tap water.

nLcICwi.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootleggers Perfecto Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscano EDC (decant)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Klar Seifen shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Birch Bark Rocca razor
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: Bootleggers El Dorado splash
Fragrance: N/A

Back in the air again so no pic.

Great shave

EgMYZbgl.jpg

Pre Shave: Hot Towel
Razor: 1937 Gillette Sheraton
Blade: Astra
Soap: Australian Private Reserve - Fenchurch
Brush: Troycraft "Green is nice" with YAQI Silvertip knot

A big thanks goes out to @Mark1966 for the APR samples. I really appreciate it, especially after the first lot went missing in the post. I guess somewhere there is a clean shaven shady character pinching parcels from people's letter boxes.

I've been wanting to try APR soaps for a long time now. I can't believe I never got around to purchasing any when they were still around. It one of my biggest regrets, especially now I know what I missed out on.

vVORndB.jpeg

SOTN
/ Troytools Customs Purple Cloud
/ Wholly Kaw Noce Di Cocco
/ Blutt BR-1 0.99
/ Gillette Nacet (2)
/ The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

When you want to sell that Blutt you know who to contact first, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.