Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have missed it, been offline for a bit, but how did you end up fitting the knot?
Found a champagne cork in the work pantry (probably from an afterwork drinks sometime ago) which I cut and measured up as I went along, test fitting until I got my preferred loft. Used a UHU type glue to set. With the knot and the cork it still added noticeable weight but I think it’s just relative to its small size in the first place.

The cork is a good alternative to washers as I could cut to size and not waste glue filling holes like with washers.

i3p9vk4.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Elite Razor - 24mm White Manchurian
Soap/Aftershave:- Reef Point Soaps - Command Presence
Razor:- Wolfman WR1 OC with WR2 Handle
Blade:- Wizamet Super Iridium (7) and done
Bowl:- Fine Accoutrements Grey Stoneware Lathering Bowl

Sorry if you've already spoken about this elsewhere, but what's your thoughts on the Monocero @klinker ? That's one razor that I really like the look of and would like to get one day.
It's one of my favorites. I first heard about it here, in this comprehensive review by @Errol

It's one of my favorites. I first heard about it here, in this comprehensive review by @Errol
Thanks for your feedback. I read the review @Errol did too and immediately put this razor on a short list of potential purchases in the future, should I ever be able to justify the cost—another tick of approval.

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Valobra + a drop of rose EO 3%
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: German Wilkie
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

I've been enjoying the rose-flavoured Valobra all week, so no pic. Not that I can take one anyway, my phone indirectly fell victim to yesterday's flooding by drowning in the pocket of my sodden rain jacket while I was clearing culverts along my driveway. :rolleyes: I can't replace it for a while either, as the roads in both directions away from here are destroyed and under several feet of rapids.

Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

I've been enjoying the rose-flavoured Valobra all week, so no pic. Not that I can take one anyway, my phone indirectly fell victim to yesterday's flooding by drowning in the pocket of my sodden rain jacket while I was clearing culverts along my driveway. :rolleyes: I can't replace it for a while either, as the roads in both directions away from here are destroyed and under several feet of rapids.

Not sure a 'like' is an appropriate response ...:cry:

Stay safe!

eTe1E6T.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Cobalt Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Glide Winter
Razor: Merkur Mergress (4-2-2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Aussie Spoiler (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Epsilon Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Peau D'Espagne EdC

An 8 day growth required blade gap and efficiency - the Mergress on setting 4 WTG obliged.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Paladin McInroy Legacy Series shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Los Jabones de Joserra Rodrigo de Jerez shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 solid brass Paste & Cut razor
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Post-shave: TSW Afterbalm balm
Fragrance: Miller Harris Feuille de Tabac EDP

Sooooooooo sweet, with added lather shot.

hey @TomG - an 8 day growth doesn't just require blade gap and efficiency, it almost qualifies for intervention!

BgfKMKbl.jpg

Blackland Sabre
Gem SS
Razorock 400
Saponifico Varesino Manna Di Sicilia
Squadron Empire

I've gone and used all my new stuff at once!

No disappointments here though so I think I'll keep this combination for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-shave: Proraso Red preshave cream
Brush: TF Customs Burl Hybrid.
Soap: Crown King The Kiss
Razor: Asylum Evolution
Blade: Gillette Goal #2
Post-shave: Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Stray Whisker Balm, Crown King The Kiss Splash

And The Kiss is now all gone. I'll miss that one.

dxYYwPO.jpg

Continuing OCtober with ultra smooth efficiency of Timeless 6T8 OC

tXYcH4Z.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush: BSB Spain 24mm
Razors: Timeless 0.68 OC- Scalloped Head
Soap\Aftershave:- Reef Point - Command Presence
Blade:- Wizamet(1)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Paladin McInroy Legacy Series shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw / Pasteur Pharmacy Timmermann shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 solid brass Paste & Cut razor