BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 26mm G5C Synth
LATHER: ‌TOBS ‌Sandalwood‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Cream‌

Mickey Lee Soapworks - Capre Verde
Blackland - Blackbird
Astra
Giles Shaving Co. bowl
Troy Tools - Ferdinand
Goldfield & Banks - Bohemian Lime

Whilst 'fougere' scents are not my favourite, the Capre Verde was very pleasant and whipped up into a lovely slick lather. I have decided to name this brush 'Ferdinand' as when I was looking at it this morning it reminded me of Magellanic clouds. So in honour of Ferdinand Magellan, the name seemed to fit nicely. I hope that this gets a nod of approval from the extremely talented brush maker Mr @TroyTools

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Valobra + a drop of rose EO 3%
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: German Wilkie
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Antheli
Blackland - Blackbird
Astra
Giles Shaving Co. bowl
Troy Tools - Ferdinand

Whilst 'fougere' scents are not my favourite, the Capre Verde was very pleasant and whipped up into a lovely slick lather. I have decided to name this brush 'Ferdinand' as when I was looking at it this morning it reminded me of Magellanic clouds. So in honour of Ferdinand Magellan, the name seemed to fit nicely. I hope that this gets a nod of approval from the extremely talented brush maker Mr @TroyTools
Great name (y) :)

Blackland - Blackbird
Astra
Giles Shaving Co. bowl
Troy Tools - Ferdinand

Wonderful name, great choice! (y) :)

#SOTD – SUN 16 Oct 2022

SOTD-20221016-setup.png

Shave Result: Used a half teaspoon (2.5gm) scoop of soap to generate a lovely rich, creamy and dense lather, with 15ml of water added to the build. Shannons is an excellent performing soap base. From the lather I get a fresh minty eucalyptus aroma, scent strength 5/10. First shave with the mild Parker 78R produced a lovely smooth DFS.

🎥Shave VIDEO🎥

The Gear:

+ Pre Shave: Lucky Tiger Liquid Shave Cream
+ Brush: Yaqi “Pandi” with 24mm Tuxedo knot
+ Soap: Shannons - “Aussie Ice”
+ Bowl: Yaqi Black ABS “Duke”
+ Razor: Parker 78R 3-piece
+ Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with menthol
+ Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
+ After Shave: Blue Devil Peppermint Patch AS [A]
+ Moisturiser: Nivea Men Creme
[A] = Australian Made

q6pDCvY.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Tabac
Brush: RazorRock Badger
Razor: BOSS Finest Silver Steel (a beauty and favourite of mine)

Recent overseas and subsequent interstate travel (for work) have meant for busy times. Limited and hurriedly packed kit have not been conducive to regular SOTD posts and it may be that way for a time yet. Still committed & loving the content.
In any case be well all!

Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

Yesterday and today. That German Wilkie is finally losing its edge after (I think) 6 days of 3-pass+ head&face shaves, which i think might be a record for me. That's a lot of mileage for one little blade. I think that might be my favourite DE blade of all... :unsure: but be that as it may, I'm hanging out more and more for my SE razors. So thanks again to @Stratman for providing the opportunity to try out this sublime razor. (y)

Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge Cologne

Yesterday and today. That German Wilkie is finally losing its edge after (I think) 6 days of 3-pass+ head&face shaves, which i think might be a record for me. That's a lot of mileage for one little blade. I think that might be my favourite DE blade of all... :unsure: but be that as it may, I'm hanging out more and more for my SE razors. So thanks again to @Stratman for providing the opportunity to try out this sublime razor. (y)
I get the same thing maximum 6 shaves per blade with the German Wilky, no more.

More vintage OCtober goodness

8ssjvsY.gif

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vintage Butterscotch Rooney - Rhodium Knots hand tied 24mm fan
Soap/Aftershave:- Reef Point Soaps - Command Presence
Razor:- Gillette Aristocrat #15
Blade:- Gillette Super Stainless V4 (2)

Sunday 16-10-2022
WqfQUhPl.jpg

Soap: Pb Mirrors and Smoke
Brush: P&C Matilda
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Best shave I've had off the Asylum for some time. I hadn't used it for a while but hadn't shaved for a day and felt like a no nonsense efficient shave. 2 passes for a DFS and very nearly no blood. I used a similar technique to the Blackland Dart for a very satisfying shave.

uYsa9ztm.jpg

We're still living in the shed with the house progressing in baby steps.:banghead: I'm rendering the house and expected I'd be finishing that many months post build but at this rate of progression I won't be too far behind.

No. I shave my hairy ass, because, the bog rolls isn’t helping stretching the blade.

Sunday 16-10-2022
WqfQUhPl.jpg

Soap: Pb Mirrors and Smoke
Brush: P&C Matilda
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Best shave I've had off the Asylum for some time. I hadn't used it for a while but hadn't shaved for a day and felt like a no nonsense efficient shave. 2 passes for a DFS and very nearly no blood. I used a similar technique to the Blackland Dart for a very satisfying shave.

uYsa9ztm.jpg

We're still living in the shed with the house progressing in baby steps.:banghead: I'm rendering the house and expected I'd be finishing that many months post build but at this rate of progression I won't be too far behind.
Welcome back (y)

1.png

Soap: MdC Original
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline

My first go with my auction win MdC Original (I've tried the Rose in sample form). I can see how some people might use this every day and not bother with anything else. The scent is more mint and rosemary than lavender, but it's nice, and it lathers like a bomb. Impressive too to see just how full they manage to make these tubs. This is going to last a LONG time.

Soap: Valobra + a drop of rose EO 3%
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

I've been enjoying the rose-flavoured Valobra all week, so no pic. Not that I can take one anyway, my phone indirectly fell victim to yesterday's flooding by drowning in the pocket of my sodden rain jacket while I was clearing culverts along my driveway. :rolleyes: I can't replace it for a while either, as the roads in both directions away from here are destroyed and under several feet of rapids.
Nice idea with the rose EO - must give it a try.

Blackland Sabre/ Gem Streamline
Gem SS
Razorock 400
Saponifico Varesino Manna Di Sicilia
Squadron Ace

So I thought I would put the Sabre up against the Streamline, two passes no touch ups, either side of the face
I'll put it up against couple of other SEs before deciding how I rate it.

Last few shaves

IMG-20221015-191900.jpg

IMG-20221015-193256.jpg

Its nice to get back into a regular rhythm after a couple weeks of stress dealing with an ill parent who is slowly on the mend and a family friend who passed away suddenly.

I'm a few shaves away from finishing yet another tub of soap with hopes of adding a replacement as the Phoenix & Beau soap base is fantastic as is the bay rum scent!

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.