Status
Not open for further replies.
BlackBird SS
BIC
TroyCraft 'Olympiakos' 24mm 2-Band Badger
MWF
Blue Devil LUST

52421861925_11f34375e9_h.jpg
How's the FAT!!! coming along FATTY Grasshopper, have you managed to dial in the FAT!!

S7en5g1.jpeg

SOTN
/ Oumo Goblin Lotustip
/ Squadron Empire
/ Blackland Blackbird
/ Feather (1)
/ The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

And I thought the BIC was sharp. This was almost DFS on the WTG. Also, don't know if it's Blackland's pursuit of tight tolerances or the blade but the feather blade notches was a hair too tight and very audibly crunched in when screwing the handle in. Had to carefully pry the blade out after disassembling. Did you experience this with your Blackbird and Feather @StratMan ?

S7en5g1.jpeg

SOTN
/ Oumo Goblin Lotustip
/ Squadron Empire
/ Blackland Blackbird
/ Feather (1)
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

And I thought the BIC was sharp. This was almost DFS on the WTG. Also, don't know if it's Blackland's pursuit of tight tolerances or the blade but the feather blade notches was a hair too tight and very audibly crunched in when screwing the handle in. Had to carefully pry the blade out after disassembling. Did you experience this with your Blackbird and Feather @StratMan ?
This is something I've often found. My RR JAWS did that with all blades, I just got used to keeping an implement handy to get the blade out. The Timeless 95 does that with the German Wilkie I've got in at the moment. At least you'll never worry about having more blade exposure on one side than the other... :p

S7en5g1.jpeg

SOTN
/ Oumo Goblin Lotustip
/ Squadron Empire
/ Blackland Blackbird
/ Feather (1)
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

Yeah @neongas I had the same experiences.. the feather was super sharp and smooth and the tolerance was extremely tight.. I got the same noise when tightening up the handle and same difficulty taking it out

How does the SS BB stack up against your other razors?

For me I’m close to calling it’s my holy grail razor, never experienced anything remotely similar with ATG passes that I can only describe as super smooth, leave zero cuts or any hint of irritation.. and that’s with 2 ATG passes

Yeah @neongas I had the same experiences.. the feather was super sharp and smooth and the tolerance was extremely tight.. I got the same noise when tightening up the handle and same difficulty taking it out

How does the SS BB stack up against your other razors?

For me I’m close to calling it’s my holy grail razor, never experienced anything remotely similar with ATG passes that I can only describe as super smooth, leave zero cuts or any hint of irritation.. and that’s with 2 ATG passes

Even better than your wolfman?

My ranking (subjective) for my current collection of modern razors:
1. Blackbird tied with Blutt
2. Vector
3. Rocca
4. Claymore

Some vintage OCtober goodness

0saGklq.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Butterscotch Simpson AS2A with Rhodium Knots 22mm Manchurian bulb
Soap/Aftershave:- Reef Point Soaps - Command Presence
Razor:- Gillette Aristocrat #15
Blade:- Gillette Super Stainless V4 in plastic white dispenser (Guessing 1975)
Bowl:- Fine Accoutrements Grey Stoneware Lathering Bowl

Even better than your wolfman?

My ranking (subjective) for my current collection of modern razors:
1. Blackbird tied with Blutt
2. Vector
3. Rocca
4. Claymore

Not a clear winner, a close second but technically yes.. the vector i never liked, maybe I am missing something there

Rocca totally agree with and would put the lupo’s in there also

Used the claymore the other day and didn’t enjoy it at all, def prefer the vector over it

How would u compare the blutt v bb?

I use a Nikon DSLR with a 60mm f2.8 Micro Nikkor. And I use three incandescent light sources (main, fill, and overhead) with a white balance setting of 2700K

That is one big bathroom ...

Lovely results!

Not a clear winner, a close second but technically yes.. the vector i never liked, maybe I am missing something there

Rocca totally agree with and would put the lupo’s in there also

Used the claymore the other day and didn’t enjoy it at all, def prefer the vector over it

How would u compare the blutt v bb?
I consider both Blutt (0.99 plate) and BB equally efficient. The biggest differences for me lie in:

Blade feel. BB has more blade feel as it has more blade exposure.

Handling. The Blutt is a bit more forgiving in angle and nimbler as it doesn't feel as "dense" in hand as the BB.

Quality of smoothness. When I say quality of smoothness I don't mean good or bad but the character. The Blutt is a gentler(?) smoothness but that's not to say the BB is rough, far from it. The BB feels more clinical, it's smooth but you feel it doing its job (and you hear it too).

I know this all sounds a bit airy fairy but that's the closest I can come to explaining it.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 solid brass Paste & Cut razor
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (4)
Post-shave: APR Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: APR Fenchurch EDP

A little later flight so a pic.

y5HQr4wl.jpg

Last edited:
Blue Devil Shave Co brush
Blackland Blackbird + Astra
B+M Eventide
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Goldfield & Banks, Sunset Hour

I had my wisdom teeth romeved on Monday, so face lathering was somewhat uncomfortable. However, I could not give up the chance to try out some of my new swag (charity auction 2022 sample box). I am a fanboy of B&M soaps and Eventide did not disappoint. As for the Lilac Vegetal, performance was good, but I fall into the band of people who are not big fans of the scent. I now get the references to cat piss/urinal cakes/old grannies etc. Hence I then had to brighten the olfactory senses with the wonderful Goldfield & Banks Sunset Hour.

bZwJxhG.png

RAZOR: Monocero Husaria SS Closed Comb
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 24mm Mixed Badger/Boar
LATHER: Ethos Lavender Supreme Premium Shave Soap
Sorry if you've already spoken about this elsewhere, but what's your thoughts on the Monocero @klinker ? That's one razor that I really like the look of and would like to get one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.