Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD – SUN 30 OCT 2022

Featured soap: Wickham Soap Co 1912 - Cashmere
Scent Notes: Top notes: Bergamot, Basil Leaf; Heart notes: White Patchouli; Base notes: Oak Moss.

SOTD-20221030-setup.png

Shave Result: Wickhams 1912 is one of my favourite vegetal soaps and great lather is produced form this soap, I used my normal half teaspoon with 20ml of water added during the build. Lather has top slickness IMO and aftershave feel is really good. The Cashmere scent has wonderful comforting aroma to my nose, this scent is real jar sniffer, even the wife loves it and wanted to shower with it. Wonderful 2-pass shave (XTG+ATG+pickups) from the HomeLike on plate 2 (equivalent to RockWell 6 plate 3.5), smooth, close DFS, near BBS.

THE GEAR:

+ Pre Shave: Lucky Tiger Liquid Shave Cream
+ Brush: Omega 11126 Ovangkol Wood 24/55 Boarknot
+ Soap: Wickhams 1912 - Cashmere
+ Bowl: Yaqi “Duke” Ceramic
+ Razor: HomeLike AL Baikal
+ Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with menthol
+ Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
+ After Shave: 4711 AS
+ Moisturiser: Nivea Men Creme

ahESFlb.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Cream: XPEC
Razor: Wolfman WR2
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette 'Aussie Spoiler' (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's El Dorado Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Caron Yatagan

This brush is a delight.

lJuYH91.jpeg

SOTN
/ Boti Lightning w. Timberwolf
/ A&E Kaizen
/ Tatara Masamune Nodachi
/ Gillette Stainless (2)
/ The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

This razor needs a bit of respect. Once or twice I felt it was close to biting but once adapted to the handle length (yes it is a tad long) it was a very close shave. I'd probably be hesitant to use a sharper blade. I imagine a Minora or Platinum would fare very well with the Nodachi.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Resin Ivory 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap Co ~ Nag Champa
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird SB SS Polished / Wizamet SI #6 finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

I find the blackbird cut the lifespan of the double-edge blade short, which is very similar to an R41 razor.

Sticking with Open Combs for a few more weeks until all complete

0VjmYAn.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Zenith - unbleached boar bristle with olive wood handle
Soap/Aftershave:- Reef Point Soaps - Command Presence
Razor:- RazoRock Hawk OC-v3
Blade:- Chinese No-name (2)

sJk3NVGl.jpg

Stunning scent on this set. Slight overripe banana scent off the tub, but much more complex blended notes once lathered up and from the splash.

Having just finished a tub of Southern Witchcrafts last week, I was again reminded how bloody good the base is.

Henson medium still acts as daily driver and any urge to pick up other razors seems to have faded, saying how much my shaves have been Uber enjoyable of late.

sJk3NVGl.jpg

Stunning scent on this set. Slight overripe banana scent off the tub, but much more complex blended notes once lathered up and from the splash.

Having just finished a tub of Southern Witchcrafts last week, I was again reminded how bloody good the base is.

Henson medium still acts as daily driver and any urge to pick up other razors seems to have faded, saying how much my shaves have been Uber enjoyable of late.
Have you been watching the old British cartoon again back in the 80s
71MQbUouZNL._AC_SL1161_.jpg

Tribute SOTD - RIP DAD!

IMG-20221101-110238-2.jpg

I dedicate today's shave to my late father who recently passed away from a short illness. The last few weeks have been tough mentally but I'm thankful for the memories and Dad encouraging me to ditch the carts and go traditional DE shaving as he had done since his late teens serving in the Army. We'll always share a love for efficient shaves and all things Brut... FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS! :cry:

3.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: MdC Original
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser
COTD: Gambella Sundried, Ethiopia

I had planned to change to a different setup this morning, but the MdC was calling to me. Funny, during the auction I was sort of hoping someone would get me off the hook and outbid me properly, but since then this soap has jumped into my short list of top favourites.

Tribute SOTD - RIP DAD!

I dedicate today's shave to my late father who recently passed away from a short illness. The last few weeks have been tough mentally but I'm thankful for the memories and Dad encouraging me to ditch the carts and go traditional DE shaving as he had done since his late teens serving in the Army. We'll always share a love for efficient shaves and all things Brut... FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS! :cry:
My condolences of your father @Razor Burn at least he had a happy life for so many years, as God says we all can't live forever.... So mote it be.

Tribute SOTD - RIP DAD!

Condolences @Razor Burn

Tribute SOTD - RIP DAD!

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. That's terrible news.

Tribute SOTD - RIP DAD!

Sorry for your loss mate @Razor Burn

Status
Not open for further replies.