Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD – WED 2 NOV 2022
AussieWetShave Day

Featured soap:
Scruffy Fella Goat’s Milk Shaving Soap

SOTD-20221102-setup.png

Shave Result: To build the lather I scraped about 1.5gm of soap off the top of the hard soap, pressed it into my bowl. From previous usage I rate this soap’s performance as serviceable, so to improve the lather I also added a small squirt of Proraso White, the resulting lather performance was excellent. The Scruffy Fella lather has a very light pleasant citrus cosmetic cream aroma (before adding Proraso), 3/10 scent strength. The Merkur Classic is the same head as the 34c and gave me a wonderfu lshave with the Blue Sword blade,a clean smooth DFS.

THE GEAR:
+ Pre Shave: Lucky Tiger Liquid Shave cream
+ Brush: Fuko “Emerald Fireworks” with APShave Synbad 26/55 knot [A]
+ Soap: Scruffy Fella Goat’s Milk ShavingSoap [A]
+ Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]
+ Razor: Merkur Classic with WCS Bamboo 105mm Handle (65gm)
+ Blade: Blue Sword by Lord (1)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & Tea-tree oil
+ Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave [A]
+ After Shave: Malizia UOMO Vetyver AS
+ Moisturiser: Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser for Men [A]
[A] = Australian Made

Tribute SOTD - RIP DAD!

IMG-20221101-110238-2.jpg

I dedicate today's shave to my late father who recently passed away from a short illness. The last few weeks have been tough mentally but I'm thankful for the memories and Dad encouraging me to ditch the carts and go traditional DE shaving as he had done since his late teens serving in the Army. We'll always share a love for efficient shaves and all things Brut... FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS! :cry:
My condolences to you and your family.🙏

Tribute SOTD - RIP DAD!

I dedicate today's shave to my late father who recently passed away from a short illness. The last few weeks have been tough mentally but I'm thankful for the memories and Dad encouraging me to ditch the carts and go traditional DE shaving as he had done since his late teens serving in the Army. We'll always share a love for efficient shaves and all things Brut... FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS! :cry:
Sorry to hear about your Dad @Razor Burn No matter how much you think you've prepared yourself for a parent's death, it always hits you hard.

Tribute SOTD - RIP DAD!

My sincere condolences to you and your family mate. It’s never easy to deal with, hold onto and cherish the memories you had together ☹️

My sincere condolences to you and your family mate. It’s never easy to deal with, hold onto and cherish the memories you had together ☹️
My condolences to you and your family.

My condolences to you and your family.🙏

Sorry to hear about your Dad @Razor Burn No matter how much you think you've prepared yourself for a parent's death, it always hits you hard.

Thanks gents for the message/s of support as it means a lot!

Tribute SOTD - RIP DAD!

So sorry for your loss.

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Valobra + a drop of rose EO 3%
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser
COTD: Gambella Sundried, Ethiopia

I was short of time this morning, so skipped a lot of my usual post-shave. Fortunately, Valobra is very forgiving...

1.png

Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
COTD: Gambella Sundried, Ethiopia

I was short of time this morning, so skipped a lot of my usual post-shave. Fortunately, Valobra is very forgiving...
Very nice photo and setup.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Haverford shaving soap
Razor: Blutt WR-1 razor (1.2 mm)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Haverford splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Haverford EDT

Superb first outing

sD6zDaxl.jpg

Last edited:
WR2 1.25
BIC
TroyCraft 28mm Boar
MdC Rose
Thayers Rose Witch Hazel

That was a terrible shave :( and was reminded why I never liked BICs early on. This was a terrible blade in the wolfman. Rough shave, drew blood BUT delivered an amazingly close shave and no razor burn.. strange but if i can remember will never happen again.

Might need to take the wolf on another spin tonight to make amends

52472597102_9d56cfa47b_h.jpg

sJk3NVGl.jpg

Stunning scent on this set. Slight overripe banana scent off the tub, but much more complex blended notes once lathered up and from the splash.

Having just finished a tub of Southern Witchcrafts last week, I was again reminded how bloody good the base is.

Henson medium still acts as daily driver and any urge to pick up other razors seems to have faded, saying how much my shaves have been Uber enjoyable of late.
Is that a Ti Henson?

WHODpQk.jpeg

SOTN
/ Oumo Goblin Lotustip
/ Wholly Kaw Pompelmo
/ Tatara Masamune Nodachi
/ Gillette Platinum (1)
/ The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

Very close and smooth shave, with a little nick in the usual problem spot.

I was contemplating getting the Masamune top cap with Nodachi base plate before calling dibs on TomG’s Nodachi. In comparing this with the Blutt, I’m glad I went full nodachi as the Masamune top cap with less blade exposure would have probably just ended up another Blutt-like razor. Variety is the spice of shaves as they say.

mfSzX24.jpeg

1.png

Brush: CaYuen "Watermelon" 28mm AP G5A
COTD: Elephant Hills, India

Just a change of brush from yesterday. One day, when I run out of my stash of unscented Valobra, I shall fork out for a tub of MdC Rose. In the meantime, adding a drop of EO to the lather is perfect for introducing the promise of summer into my bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.