Status
Not open for further replies.
52018766969_b55a6c0e68_c.jpg

Brush: Chisel & Hound “Dark Forest” + Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: Karve CB Brass SB-C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Lather: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Fragrance: - Chatillon Lux - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli EDT

A little bit of a rushed two-pass shave this morning, but a decent result.

Have a great day!

This triple milled soap reminds me a lot of the original Fine soap. I get an exceptional looking lather but it seems like it lacks protection, ended up a rough feeling shave which I wasnt overly impressed with.. little blood but nothing terrible.

started first pass with the same blade I have used for a while but was a little rough so I thought that was the end of the blade, changed it over to a new blade but the roughness persisted.. has to be this soap... which is strange cos my mate swears by it and we have pretty much the same YMMV status on gear

anyone else have experience with this soap?

Not sure if the black label is the same formula as the blue label but I had the exact same experience with the black label. I binned the soap after 2 or 3 uses. I kept the tub and that's where my only puck of C&S Oxoford&Cambridge now lives :)

Razorock Blue Label

anyone else have experience with this soap?

as you may have noticed I used the Razorock green puck, I imagine the formula is the same with just diff scents? I don’t load off the puck, I shave off a few pieces and press the soap onto the bowl and the warmth of my fingers soften it. Sometimes I bloom with a bit of warm water before my shower, sometimes I just start lathering.

I concur that it doesn’t give the best cushion or glide. I do think it’s finicky with the amount of water used and it’s more miss than hit for me getting a decent lather. The Fine soaps are much better.

0aDCfFo.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Bullgoose / Jabonman Mediterraneo
Razor: Above The Tie S1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'Light Brigade' (10)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Alvarez Gomez Barberia EdC

Great shave, with a distinctly mediterranean feel.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (4)
Post-shave: APR Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: APR Fenchurch EDP

Very much cooler here in the mornings now, no classy Mediterranean feel for me @TomG. More importantly though, where has Rosie's walk taken her today @klinker ?

P2toULKl.jpg

w5m6TdF.png

Barbaros TR-2 / Gillette‌ 7 O'clock Yellow
Reknotted Rubberset 20mm Maggard Synthetic
Ethos Mélange d’agrumes Shaving Soap & Aftershave
Two and a half pass BBS. The Tr2 was smooth and efficient.
Then Rosie and I took a long walk around the former Medfield Insane Asylum and along a nearby trail.

NJ18Ptb.jpg

HuCTHYY.png
nZSi4iX.png

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (4)
Post-shave: APR Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: APR Fenchurch EDP

Very much cooler here in the mornings now, no classy Mediterranean feel for me @TomG. More importantly though, where has Rosie's walk taken her today @klinker ?

P2toULKl.jpg
Ahhh - Fenchurch, Agent 66. Perfect for Autumn.

I received this Titan 1918 ACRO T.H.64 with its factory edge a few weeks ago and just recently got round to resetting the bevel. Must of heavy lifting was done on a 1k Chinese synthetic and final bevel-set on a 3k Chinese synthetic.

With this 3k bevel-set, the edge was tree-topping - just - at a few mm above the skin. For the first time in my life I decided to shave off a bevel set.

Before the shave, this blade got a half-dozen very light laps on a clean fine denim strop and my normal 60 laps (also very light) on a clean leather strop. Prep was the same as my normal.

full

The shave was my normal WTG, XTG+fool's pass and another XTG in the opposite direction. To get this blade's edge to cut my silken whiskers, I had to increase the shave angle up to the YouTube recommend 30°. I also need to apply more pressure against the whiskers to cut through them.

The shave was reasonably comfortable but the result, as to be expected, was not up to my normal DFS+. The result off this 3k bevel-set edge was only CCS-, meaning most areas felt rough in all directions except WTG and some areas were rough in all directions.

I will now refine this blade's edge on 8k and 10k Chinese synthetic and shave with it again tomorrow before finishing the refinement on lapping films and diamond pasted balsa strops later.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Troycraft Bold'as'Brass
Soap:- Reef Point - Submariner
Razor:- Fatip - Piccolo
Blade:- Wizamet (8)
Aftershave:- Reef Point - Submariner

GH7s1Uw.jpg

Finishing off the brass shaves with a classy Italian - I think the Piccolo might just be my favourite open comb razor

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Troycraft Bold'as'Brass
Soap:- Reef Point - Submariner
Razor:- Fatip - Piccolo
Blade:- Wizamet (8)
Aftershave:- Reef Point - Submariner

GH7s1Uw.jpg

Finishing off the brass shaves with a classy Italian - I think the Piccolo might just be my favourite open comb razor

Piccolo's my favourite DE razor. Fantastic razors at a great price.

Status
Not open for further replies.