Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
37iyWyDl.jpg
Hi @Mark1966 I notice with interest the 3P shaving soap. Can you tell me where you got the soap? I have the 3P pre/post shave and like it a lot.

Steve

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Art of Shaving (Valobra) Sandalwood
Razor: ΑΛΦΑ Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

I seem to have got stuck on this setup for a few days. The AoS Sandalwood is an easy soap to use as a default, especially at this time of year. It has to be the most non-sweet smelling sandalwood I've ever sniffed, and I like that. And thanks again to @TomG for sending it my way.

This Feather blade is starting to get a bit rough after only 5 goes (head and face) so time for something a bit different tomorrow.
My pleasure to provide the soap, and thank you in return for generously pif’ing me the Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge. I am just searching for a worthy soap dish to house it 😂.

PXL-20230628-223610542-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP Titanium
Soap: Phoenix & Beau - Imperial Rum
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Pour un Homme de Caron EdT
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

A good thing about showering after shaving is I don't have to worry about matching soaps to fragrances. This gigantic bottle of Pour un Homme is another stupendously generous PIF from @TomG - thanks (y) Despite its hefty freight of powdery lavender, it has a lot of vanilla in it to give it warmth for a frosty morning, with a host of floral and other notes to keep it interesting. Easy to see why it's been a classic since 1934.

R41 Gillette 7 O’clock Green Mikes Semogue Nivea

Still loving the R41 daily.

Steve Jobs said technology was working best when the user doesn’t notice it. The Green Gillette blades have been doing that for me. Just disappear into an excellent shave.

Come to post SOTD and walk away with a 2017 LE Platypus - gotta love that P&C

TbZdfH0.jpg

Brush:- Doug Korn D13 Peanut-Butter Cup Handle with 26mm TGN knot
Razor:- Boker The Celebrated Wenge 6/8
Soap/Aftershave:- Barrister & Mann - The Full Measure of Mann

Touched up the Boker on the little Thurry and TBH is a bit too sharp like a freshly honed blade from @bald as "scalpel sharp"

Come to post SOTD and walk away with a 2017 LE Platypus - gotta love that P&C

TbZdfH0.jpg

Brush:- Doug Korn D13 Peanut-Butter Cup Handle with 26mm TGN knot
Razor:- Boker The Celebrated Wenge 6/8
Soap/Aftershave:- Barrister & Mann - The Full Measure of Mann

Touched up the Boker on the little Thurry and TBH is a bit too sharp like a freshly honed blade from @bald as "scalpel sharp"
Thank you for the acknowledgement :)

Status
Not open for further replies.