Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
haY5EOK.jpg

Filarmónica 14 Doble Temple 15/16 - Zenith Manchurian - Fine American Blend - Myrsol F./Extra - Sukin Moisturiser

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue Special Edition 2013 Silvertip 24/48mm knot
Soap/Cream:- TOBS ~ Sandalwood & Herbal (sample)
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 / GSB #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

Didn't really enjoy the scent of Sandalwood & Herbal, I just wanted to smell just the Sandalwood, soap lather is lacking and not dense enough which doesn't have tallow :wtf:

PXL-20230628-223307116-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP Titanium
Soap: Phoenix & Beau - Imperial Rum
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Pour un Homme de Caron EdT (y) @TomG
COTD: Elephant Hills, India

Yqibm2r.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Machurian Badger
Soap: Abbate y La Mantia Buttero
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS German-packaged Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (13)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vitos Tobacco Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Abbate y La Mantia Buttero Cologne

PXL-20230630-220025062-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Elephant Hills, India

lYkjXdul.jpg

Soap: B&M Nordost (last of the sample)
Brush: Platypus
Razor: Leaf
The Leaf has not seen light of day for some time and it can go away again for a while. Very effective shave and great when your face needs a rest, just not as much fun as some other razors except when you get to snap some blades in half and load the thing…….that’s pretty cool.
Welcome to the Platypus club @Holiday . Pretty sure you won’t be sorry. I too was the beneficiary of one being moved on and I love mine. Very nice brush.
When I first got the Nordost sample I didn’t think I’d miss it when it ran out……… but now…….🤔

lYkjXdul.jpg

Soap: B&M Nordost (last of the sample)
Brush: Platypus
Razor: Leaf
The Leaf has not seen light of day for some time and it can go away again for a while. Very effective shave and great when your face needs a rest, just not as much fun as some other razors except when you get to snap some blades in half and load the thing…….that’s pretty cool.
Welcome to the Platypus club @Holiday . Pretty sure you won’t be sorry. I too was the beneficiary of one being moved on and I love mine. Very nice brush.
When I first got the Nordost sample I didn’t think I’d miss it when it ran out……… but now…….🤔
I always like it when these platypi come up, I think they're without doubt the most lovely TF brushes I've seen. I don't normally go in for badgers, but as I mentioned earlier, I would have made an exception, but @Holiday snapped it up within 20 minutes of the offer. The fastest man won... :D

I always like it when these platypi come up, I think they're without doubt the most lovely TF brushes I've seen. I don't normally go in for badgers, but as I mentioned earlier, I would have made an exception, but @Holiday snapped it up within 20 minutes of the offer. The fastest man won... :D

I had two for a while, I think I moved the second on here.

Oh, I still have two - but one is a pig ;)

yR1BIuw.png

Brush:- Blue Devil - Doral (Native Olive) handle with 26mm AP Shave Co G5C knot
Soap:- Seaforth - Sea-Spice-Lime (with thanks to @JaggardJ for the sample)
Razor:- Gillette Slim L1 @4
Blade:- Treet Platinum (14)

I concur with @TomG, @JaggardJ and all the positive reviews of this soap it is a wonderfully fresh and salty scent

Status
Not open for further replies.