Status
Not open for further replies.
rSz2tLe.jpg

s1D9j3M.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush:- SMILEZ4MILEZ Grapevine
Soap/Aftershave:- A&E Grecian Horse
Razor:- Wester bros. - Anchor Brand

A few of these vintage razors have only had a cursory bath because I wanted to be sure they shave OK before putting effort into thorough cleaning and polishing.
I like the contrast of stained old steel against a nice polished edge but this may be taking the "wabi sabi" too far, especially when there is pitting involved.
Although polished pitting just looks like a cover up.

PXL-20230720-013013087-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "takayna" 26mm shoat
Soap: Valobra + a drop of lavender EO (Lyndoch, SA)
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Buku Abel Gesha, Ethiopia

It's a sad fact of life that it's far easier to load a brush from these small pucks of milled soaps when they're almost finished. This one is just days away from its Doughnut of Death, and I may feel a pang of regret for having been so profligate with it.

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Omega 11047 "Mixed Midget" (Badger/Boar) 20/43mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- WCS American Liberty CNC / Gillette Minora Stainless #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Czech & Speake (Valobra) - Oxford & Cambridge
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Buku Abel Gesha, Ethiopia

The other Colling

yQhm6kM.gif

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Morris & Forndran #3 Silvertip
Str8:- S.K. Colling & Co. 70 x18mm Black Resin with White Wedge
Soap/Aftershave:- Yardley - English Lavender

The Yardley let off a lovely hint of the original scent today, and this blade must be one of the keenest in my den, and as a result ended up with 3 nicks

Above sentence waxed lyrical by ChatGPT:
In the realm of grooming and indulgence, today's olfactory journey embarked on a symphony of sensory delight as the illustrious Yardley fragrance graced the air with its enchanting essence.
Like a maestro conducting a mesmerizing composition, the scent notes danced gracefully, weaving a tapestry of nostalgia and elegance.

Within my carefully curated collection of shaving instruments, this particular blade stands as a true virtuoso of craftsmanship.
Its edge, honed to perfection, is akin to a finely tuned instrument, ready to create a masterpiece upon the canvas of my facial hair.
As I embarked on the ritualistic art of shaving, the blade's prowess became apparent, gliding effortlessly across my skin with a precision reserved for the most esteemed artisans.

Yet, every work of art, no matter how refined, may carry a touch of unpredictability. As the blade traced its path, the slightest miscalculation led to an encounter with the unyielding contours of my face, resulting in three gentle nicks.
Though minor, these blemishes bore a humble reminder of the inherent human element in this timeless practice.

For, in the realm of grooming, as in life, even the most skilled hands may encounter imperfections.
And it is in these moments that we find a profound connection with our humanity, embracing the beauty of vulnerability and the artistry of imperfection.

As I gaze upon my reflection, the nicks become an emblem of experience and growth, a testament to the journey we all undertake in perfecting our craft.
In this symphony of scent and blade, a delicate balance is struck, and while nicks may arise, they are overshadowed by the harmony of the grooming ritual and the satisfaction of mastering one's art.

Today, the Yardley and this blade have not only brought forth a fragrant delight and impeccable sharpness but also an opportunity for reflection and appreciation of the poetry that unfolds in the everyday moments of life.
And so, with a heart full of gratitude and a renewed dedication to the pursuit of excellence, I embrace the nicks as a part of this beautiful symphony that is the art of shaving.​

Status
Not open for further replies.