Not open for further replies.
wKs1N95.png

Tuesday A.M. Shave 07.18.23
RAZOR: Alpha Claymore Evolution
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: Oumo 11 Pandora Green Resin 28mm SHD Badgert
LATHER: Dr. Selby Shaving Soap

Magic.jpg

Razor: Eversharp/Schick Type I Hydro-magic (1955-1958)
Blade: Schick
Brush:
Ever-Ready 69 restored with a 22mm Silver Tip Badger knot
Soap: Tabac (new formula)
How's the new Tabac formula? Did you ever have any original tallow version left? And which one do you really like best, old or new?

Belated SOTD, Sun 16 Jul 2023

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Yaqi “Janus Bifrons” with 24/52 Cashmere knot
  • Soap: Extro Cosmesi - Egyptian Oudh Shaving Cream
  • Bowl: Yaqi White ABS “Duke”
  • Razor: Henson AL13 V2 Mild (“+”)
  • Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (3)
  • Astringent Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & T.Tree oil
  • Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
  • After Shave: Malizia UOMO Vetyver AS
  • Moisturiser (Later on): Nivea Men Creme (Face-Body-Hands)

SOTD-20230716-setup.png

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Two Band Badger 22/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- WCS American Liberty CNC / Gillette Minora Stainless #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

rVgzc7O.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Ariana & Evans Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Ultra Platinum (Made in Holland) (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alpa Windsor Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Morgan's Vintage 1873 EdC

The penultimate barrette of (my precious) Valobra Glicerlanolina has emerged from the shelf and entered use.

rVgzc7O.jpg

The penultimate barrette of (my precious) Valobra Glicerlanolina has emerged from the shelf and entered use.
G'Day @TomG any information directly from Valobra, any shaving soaps are coming back? or it's done and dust. Dead!

G'Day @TomG any information directly from Valobra, any shaving soaps are coming back? or it's done and dust. Dead!
Haven't heard anything positive on the shaving soap, Speedy. I did see some of their bar soaps back in circulation - seemed to be new production, not NOS.

How's the new Tabac formula? Did you ever have any original tallow version left? And which one do you really like best, old or new?
It has been several years since I used Tabac with tallow, so I cannot really give you a side by side comparison. The new formula performs well and it was on sale for $19. I rarely spend a lot on shaving soap/cream. I mean, you're just going to wash it off, and after having Covid I sort of lost my sense of smell, so I no longer buy soap for the fragrance. If it provides decent glide and cusion (comfortable shave) then it works for me. I did spend $45 on Cella a few months ago, but that was for 1kg.

If you want to try the new Tabac, send me a PM with your postal details and I will send you a sample. Then you can tell us what you think of it.

Last edited:
rVgzc7O.jpg

Your Valobra Glicerlanolino used to elicit a sane response from Google. Now there are absolutely no relevant results, not even a Googlewhack (where a two-word search term without quotes elicits a single result). A little piece of history in that picture. Oh well... :facepalm:

[No pic today] :(

Razor: Rockwell T2 Stainless Steel
Blade: Wizamet (Fifth use)
Soap: PAA CK6 Scentless
Aftershave/Post Shave: PAA Sin Aftershave/Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
Brush: YAQI Rainbow Synthetic Brush
Alum: None
Bowl: None

The Rockwell T2 Stainless Steel razor continues to impress.
I haven't spoken about it much but it's a fantastic shaver and today certainly reminded me of that. Simply an effortless BBS!
It was one of those shaves that you just can't help but continue to shave beyond just a three pass shave simply for the fact you are enjoying it so much.
Unlike it's predecessors I feel no discomfort at all using all settings from 1 - 6 thanks to the fine tuning they have put into this razor.

It's very easy to shave with and could easily be used as a simply mindless yet effective shaver if one desires. It's perfectly capable of being a daily shaver given its adjustment settings whilst also tackling a few days growth.
I don't think I ever had a bad shave with this razor.
I might have to pick up the stand for this one at some point as should always be on standby for me.

I am not sure if anyone else here has a stainless steel T2 and has evaluated it yet but its certainly worth a look at.
Whilst it may not have the prestige of other razors in its class it certainly punches well above its weight.

Excellent shave.

Your Valobra Glicerlanolino used to elicit a sane response from Google. Now there are absolutely no relevant results, not even a Googlewhack (where a two-word search term without quotes elicits a single result). A little piece of history in that picture. Oh well... :facepalm:
A small consolation is the fact that this soap is triple-milled, and hence has impressive longevity.

PXL-20230718-222705780-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "takayna" 26mm shoat
Soap: Valobra + a drop of lavender EO (Lyndoch, SA)
Razor: ΑΛΦΑ Claymore Evolution
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Buku Abel Gesha, Ethiopia

Status
Not open for further replies.