Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockwell 6C R5
Omega 10098 27mm Boar
Zenith 27mm Unbleached Boar
MdC Rose
WK Chypre Rose Concerto

Pulled out to check on shave and again pleasantly surprised!! another magnificent shave. This zenith is incredible

53223542381_28c813529f_h.jpg

SO2W

Picked my Mum up in Adelaide and took her on a road trip visiting family and flower shows in Melbourne and Canberra
Bought an $11 pack of Wilkinson Sword Classic DE Blades once off the plane and used the Slim Al exclusively for 10 days 1 x blade with 5 x shaves each half of the blade
Really enjoyed using the shavette and allowed me to focus on blade angle more than I have with straights.

The Le Labo products are mighty fine too

BHy9DGM.gif

Cream: Le Labo Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Le Labo Aftershave Balm
Razor: Slim Aluminium Shavette (SlimAl)
Blade: 1/2 Wilkinson Sword Classic
Brush: Omega 11047 - Mini Mixed Badger & Boar Bristle

Sunday Shave 10.01.23
RAZOR: Pearl Flexi Adjustable Open Comb
BLADE: Willy’s Premium
BRUSH: Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive 20mm Silvertip Badger
LATHER: OSP Urban Viking Shaving Soap

XUYvDAz.jpg

My new Pearl Flexi Adjustable Open Comb razor just arrived and I was impressed with the fit and finish.
The first shave with the new razor was pleasant. I chose an OSP soap and my Rudy Vey brush because that combination always gives me great lather. The blade used was a Willy’s Premium, a number of which came with rhe razor.
I did two passes, first WTG and then ATG, with three days' beard growth.
On the first pass, I used setting 3 and rode the cap mostly – still a good deal of blade feel. On the second pass, I switched to setting 2, and again rode the cap – not really a noticeable difference in blade feel.
This very careful first run with the new Pearl OC produced a two-pass DFS. I would say the shave at setting 3 was slightly more aggressive than my go-to ‘50s Tech, but with considerably more blade feel.
I enjoyed the first shave, but it will probably take a few more to dial in the ideal angle.

0RLohm9.jpg

26 September to 01 October 2023

A lovely week was spent with me English matching seven-day set. I haven't shaved with this set for well over a month. It was good to get back to them.

WiF7gaG.jpg

All shaved close and comfortably such that I couldn't say one in particular stood out against the others.

Next week I will start working my way through a few of my two-day sets.

PXL-20231001-215521818-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: D.R. Harris - Windsor stick
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Mocha Selection Ismaili, Yemen

I bought a couple of these DRH sticks to take away with me in a few weeks' time. It occurred to me that I had never actually shaved with a stick before, so maybe I ought to try one out. No cause for concern. (y)

FXOF2eH.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Cream:WARS Classic
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Master XCN Chromium (12)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, WARS Aftershave Lotion
Scent: WARS EdC

SOTD – Mon 02 Oct 2023

SOTD-20231002-setup.png

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Yaqi “Rainbow” with 26/56 Pony Knot
  • Soap: Master Soap Creations - Night On The Town
  • Bowl: Yaqi Black ABS “Duke”
  • Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
  • Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS with added Menthol
  • Balm: Proraso Refreshing (Green) Crema Pre Barba
  • After Shave: Blue Stratos AS [A]
  • Moisturiser (Later): MooGoo Hydrate Cream [A]
[A] = Australian Product

PXL-20231002-213410983-PORTRAIT.jpg

Soap: Valobra + a drop of rose EO 3%
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Oxford & Cambridge cologne, no need for sunblock today...
COTD: Mocha Selection Ismaili, Yemen in the μπρίκι for a change

Lately I've been finding that using the Vector and Sabre turn and turn about has been sublime. The latter in particular has been getting better and better, and I have no idea what's driving that, I thought I had my technique down ages ago. :unsure: I'm beginning to wonder if having ordered the Atelier Durdan Vestige was the best of ideas. It's going to have its work cut out to beat or even equal the Sabre.

PXL-20231002-213410983-PORTRAIT.jpg

Soap: Valobra + a drop of rose EO 3%
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Oxford & Cambridge cologne, no need for sunblock today...
COTD: Mocha Selection Ismaili, Yemen in the μπρίκι for a change

Lately I've been finding that using the Vector and Sabre turn and turn about has been sublime. The latter in particular has been getting better and better, and I have no idea what's driving that, I thought I had my technique down ages ago. :unsure: I'm beginning to wonder if having ordered the Atelier Durdan Vestige was the best of ideas. It's going to have its work cut out to beat or even equal the Sabre.

the Sabre certainly looks the goods, super sexy in that shot.. love the profile (y)

BlackBird SS
Minora
Zenith 27mm Unbleached Boar Olive Wood Handle
Semogue 27mm Galahad C3
MWF
Pinaud Clubman Original

still breaking in the boars, the Semogue is either crap or a long way to go to break in, really struggled to get a lather built.. the zenith on the other hand, wow.. instant lather

three days growth and the BB took care of that with no problems.. the WR2 still king of the super smooth first pass with excessive growth. once again though, time after time, ended with an amazingly smooth comfortable, close shave with the BlackBird, absolutely love this razor!!

53231301458_b7551d4882_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.