Brush: Mikeleon "Sphynx"
After Shave: St. James of London "Cedarwood & Clarysage"

PXL-20231006-222157510-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm horse's ass
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Proshave S
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, APR Lavande Violette
COTD: Mocha Ismaili selection, Yemen

A couple of experiments going on here, and one tragedy hidden from view. The latter is that last week I managed to drop my lovely Forgotten Art brush on the slate tiled bathroom floor, smashing the handle around the knot. My glue job is far from perfect, but I'll try some kintsuge one day. It did make it easy to replace the Snow Leopard knot with the Boti horsehair, which I had planned to do, but not so soon.

The horsey knot smelt of nothing when it was dry, but as soon as I wet it, it definitely became redolent of the stable. 😐 I hope that goes away. Its first load here is with the CF croap to make it easy. The bristles are about as soft as the Snow Leopard, and for now they tend to hog the lather, but hopefully that'll settle down. So far, so good.

This is also the first time I've tried the Proshave S blade from Japan (via Connaught Shaving). It takes me a while to make up my mind about how I feel about different AC blades, but my initial impression was that it's less sharp than the Proline, but by the end of the shave it was going very, very smoothly. The post-shave feel is fantastic, a totally trouble-free GBS. So far, I like it a lot. (y)

GD66
Zenith horse 'extra soft'
zenith unbleached boar
MdC Rose
WK Chypre Rose Conerto,
Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel

goodness me.. my first time will always be remembered!!

the horse performed like an absolute champ.. lost around 20 hairs today so getting better

53240359603_561e10eac4_h.jpg
Congratulations on your first. Remember, you never forget your first.

Not sure how MdC Rose goes with SR shaving as I have never tried it. I do know however that some shave soaps that work well with DE razors, do not work that well with SRs.

Finally took the Troycraft Candy Red brush for a lather

R8mh9ul.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Troycraft - Candy red with black pearl hat and 24mm 2 band finest badger
Soap:- Yardley - English Lavender
Razor:- Red 1st Gen Filarmónica Doble Temple No 14 Jose' Monserrat Pou
Aftershave:- Stirling - Witch Hazel Bergamot & Lavender

08 October

6/8 post-1924 T.R. Cadman "Bemgall" modified into a shortie, finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa. An absolute joy to shave with. Every SR shaver should have a shortie SR in his stable.

I have decided that this SR will be my permanent Sunday razor (except when going through a M7DS). It is only through @Garry357's decision to not take this SR when he won his PIF that I have the fortune to have this SR in my stable. I will forever have kind thoughts of @Garry357 every Sunday.

I wonder how @Garry357 is going with his adventure into SR shaving?

WnLILq9.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Ivory Resin 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap Co ~ Tuscany
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Slim Adjustable N2 1968 / GSB #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

H- SOTD 08.10.23

IMG-6697.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot flannel
Brush:- Grizzly Bay w/ Fanchurian knot
Soap:- B&M - Seville
Razor: Blackland - Vector
Blade: Feather - Superior
Tonic: Lucky Tiger - Post Shave Tonic
Moisturiser: Neutrogenia - Hydroboost

Still head shaving regularly- just not posting as much.

Had a Vector & Seville shave. Seville was one of my first purchases and still my benchmark for scent. I love how rich and crisp it smells. It feels like I’m having a premium shave :) I’ve found nothing that comes close in scent.

House move is finally complete. Wifey and I unboxed the last box today - which happened to be shaving soaps. Have unpacked the shave cave - but am not too impressed with how it looks. The cupboards are so dark and narrow that you struggle to see it all. Keen for some inspiration from other shave caves…..

IMG-6698.jpg

All this SR talk makes me wonder how a SR head shave would go!

Slow & enjoyable shave

C

Status
Not open for further replies.