Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
lI4yIoq.jpg

Eiko Glory 13/16 Quarter Hollow - Zenith Manchurian - SV Desert Vetiver - Floïd Vigoroso - Sukin Moisturiser

u88YTcv.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Lider Classic
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Master XCN Chromium (14)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Lider Classic Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Lider Classic EdC

The Poles make excellent shaving products.

03 & 04 October
A pair of Gold Dollar W59 SRs with ARKO. Both SRs have a sharp and pointy toe. I like them that way as, when shaving, it helps to keep my concentration up.

Tuesday was the clear tail finished on diamond pasted balsa and Wednesday was the orange tail finished on vintage coticule.

NC5R3or.jpg

The clear tail is probably has my keenest edge. I occasional compare it against a new Feather half-DE blade in a shavette and this SR always exceeds the Feather's sharpness - just.

Of these two SRs, the orange tail (coticule) is the more comfortable but in my CdM, the clear tail was the best!

bEhlGUY.jpg

rnvmCJm.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Troy Tools (Maggards SHD 2 band badger)
Soap: Saponificio Varesino ‘Opuntia’
Razor: Dickinson ‘Invicta’
Strop: DCBlades Roo/Cotton
Post-shave: Shavex Alum block, Fine ‘Platinum’, Mont Blanc ‘Explorer’
Picked a ratty old razor to test with my new Nagura slurry stones. I'm very, very, pleased to report that the shave was an enormous success; smooth and efficient with not a drop of blood spilt! I even managed to traverse a wound from 2 days back without re-opening it. I only hope that the edge holds up for the next few shaves, and that I can repeat the process on other razors without difficulty. I must say, after todays progress, I'm very hopeful. BTW, the SV Opuntia seems to be an excellent choice for straight razor users. It holds buckets of water without collapsing, and has excellent glide and residual slickness. Lack of posts lately due to a broken wrist in a cycling accident, but it's coming good now!

Last edited:
SOTW

5EVzZgI.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Soap:- TOBS - Spanish Leather
Brush:- Morris & Forndran 1" Blonde Badger in Natural Horn handle
Razor:- @Blackie's F.R.Wellmann Gold Medal No.3 - Altona Hamburg

Been appreciating how good an edge the Wellmann takes and easy it is to refresh on a clean Kangaroo strop

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Black Resin 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap Co ~ Tuscany
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Slim Adjustable N2 1968 / GSB #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

SOTD – Thu 05 Oct 2023

SOTD-20231004-setup.png

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Natio Men Shave Gel [A]
  • Brush: ShaveXDave “Bluey Boar” with 26/56 Yaqi HD Boar [A]
  • Soap: Squadron Soaps - Dispatch Rider [A]
  • Bowl: Whispers from The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Leaf 3xSE & Twig SE by Leaf Shave
  • Blade: Lord Saloon SS SE (1)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS Tonic with added Menthol
  • Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave [A]
  • After Shave: Malizia UOMO Vetyver AS
  • Moisturiser (Later): Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser [A]
[A] = Australian Product

WR2 1.25
Minora
Zenith 27mm 'extra soft' horse
The Dead Sea soap and splash
Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel

took horsie for a ride and quite happy so far, apart from a break in, the brush is definitely soft and totally different from boar or badger. Funnily enough, it had no smell when I opened the box so was quite happy with that, but soon as the brush got wet... $%#^% me, def different.. looking forward to that going..

one question is how much hair do these horses lose? I would say mine shed at least 40+ hairs today. the loss slowed right down near the end

53235003377_3d7210b48a_h.jpg

I thought the Bay Rum would have been put away on changeover day - or is it still winter in CBR? :unsure:

On an unrelated note, is the charity auction happening this year? You're being unusually quiet about it... :ROFLMAO:

I may have been away for changeover day ...

[Still SEEMS like winter in CBR]

SOTW finished

Stropped, oiled and put away for another day
WGuFyCv.gif

Pre-shave:- Shower
Soap:- GFT - Spanish Leather
Brush:- Morris & Forndran 1" Blonde Badger in Natural Horn handle
Razor:- @Blackie's F.R.Wellmann Gold Medal No.3 - Altona Hamburg

Status
Not open for further replies.