LATHER: D.R. Harris Almond Shaving Soap

The next few shaves...

PXL-20231018-200942744-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP Titanium
Soap: Martin de Candre Original
Razor: Blackland Sabre, Vector
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless, Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Mocha Java: Mocha Matari, Yemen & Kawah Ijen, Java

I scored this soap in last year's charity auction, and even though I love and use it a lot, the level hasn't got as far as the bottom of the screw thread yet.

I scored this soap in last year's charity auction, and even though I love and use it a lot, the level hasn't got as far as the bottom of the screw thread yet.
That’s why the soap is almost as hard as nails, it last forever and it more than doubled strength triple milled soap.

I can’t remember the word correctly after triple that starts with a letter Q? Quadruple or Quintuple?

Last edited:
19 October
7/8 Titan ACRO T.H.64 dressed in African black wood scales and finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa.

w1JCndg.jpg

This blade's edge was not quite up to standard when performing the CdM. After the shave, I gave it a chest-hair test followed by a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression before another chest-hair test. A noticeable improvement. Hopefully the blade's edge will perform better next time with the CdM.

That’s why the soap is almost as hard as nails, it last forever and it more than doubled strength triple milled soap.

I can’t remember the word correctly after triple that starts with a letter Q? Quadruple or Quintuple?
Both are correct, for 4 and 5. The soap isn't really that hard though, if you poke it with a finger, you'll easily make a dent. It's air dried rather than milled.

Eventually I'll get some of the MdC Rose as well once I'm done with my unscented Valobra, which I've been using with a drop of rose EO.

SOTD – Thu 19 Oct 2023

SOTD-20231018-setup.png

Shave Report: The Soap is firm but pliable so I sliced off about 1.2gm portion of soap which I squashed into my bowl to produce a lovely creamy medium density lather (although 0.8 -1.0 gm would have been plenty). The lather gave excellent all round performance, a great natural soap option. The scent has a lovely Patchouli aroma (herbal, earthy, woody, musky) with a lemony background, scent strength 6/10. RazoRock Mamba70 gave a easy going mild smooth DFS, with a couple light weepers.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Natio Men Shave Gel [A]
  • Brush: Fuko Shaving “Little Red Hood” 26/56 APshave Synbad [A]
  • Soap: All Body Soaps Solid Shave Soap - Evergreen [A]
  • Bowl: Whispers from The Woods [A]
  • Razor: RazoRock SS Mamba70 with Yaqi Midas AL handle
  • Blade: Shark Platium (1)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS Tonic with added Menthol
  • Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave [A]
  • After Shave: Imperial Leather AS
  • Moisturiser (Later): Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser [A]
[A] = Australian Product

u1nfq0U.jpg

Prep: Jack Black Turbo Wash, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Rex Supply Co 1955
Razor: Above The Tie S1
Blade: Polsilver Wizamet Brown (1)
Post: Alt Innsbruck Emulsion, Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscano EdC

It has been crazy busy with work lately - nice to catch my breath and get a SOTD in, even if it is 'on the road'.
Continue to be impressed with the Rex soap.

u1nfq0U.jpg

Prep: Jack Black Turbo Wash, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Rex Supply Co 1955
Razor: Above The Tie S1
Blade: Polsilver Wizamet Brown (1)
Post: Alt Innsbruck Emulsion, Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscano EdC

It has been crazy busy with work lately - nice to catch my breath and get a SOTD in, even if it is 'on the road'.
Continue to be impressed with the Rex soap.
Welcome back, I was beginning to wonder if something had happened to you :D

20 October
7/8 Titan ACRO T.H.64 dressed in African black wood scales and finished and maintained on an Adahee #12000 natural whetstone.

gTIMHBn.jpg

A noticeably better shave than yesterday with its sister SR of diamond pasted balsa. This morning's shave was closer (not normal), cut whiskers better (not normal) and was more comfortable (expected). I might shave with this pair again over the weekend to see if the full diamond pasted balsa strop progression refresh on yesterday's razor has improved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.