Tabac Re-Formulated - Now Tallow Free

Tabac gives me migraines but I loooooove the scent!

At least this reformulation doesn't impact me since I can't use it anyway. But if I could, I'd be grabbing a dozen pucks!

I have a feeling MWF may be the next to go! I better increase my stash of 6 pucks to 12, just to be safe!

This is nuts!
People don’t go stockpiling Ariana & Evans when a new version comes out!!!

Has covid destroyed everyone’s brain???

. and I've just confirmed that Beard & Blade have the old formulation too - don't forget the Paste & Cut discount code !
Thanks for the reminder :)(y)Tabac is the most often soap quoted as the best for straight shaving - may just be the old dogs elderly gentlemen still using straights have an emotional attachment to Tabac
Tabac was my first soap and aftershave I bought for myself and one old hag told me she hated the smell so I never revisited. Time to reassess a jar and spare puck inbound from B&B

This is nuts!

Not really a fair comparison. Tallow is disappearing as an ingredient and it's different than the newer Artisan soaps. Pucks from 50 years ago are still quite useable, you will not be able to say that with the Artisan soaps. I like some of them don't get me wrong, but I don't expect them to be producing in 10 years for the most part. For those who like history these soaps/fragrances are a touchstone. The actuaries and to an extent Wokism are part of it as is changing tastes. Im all for the new as long as it is actually better than the old. (This also means sustainable) Insert the 5 bladed razor cough and foam in a can.

This is nuts!

Why?

Well yes, but we do APR ...

Undoubtedly - but I'm not sure it has made any difference!

The way the woke world is going, soon to be renamed Mitchell's Palm Oil. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure Palm Oil is acceptable any more is it?

No they stockpile toilet paper. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hmmm, stockpile. Maybe we should buy all the Aussie old-formula stock and sell it overseas ...

Probably because they'll come out with another new version before the postal services can catch up. :p
Exactly. Up to K3 now. Beyond a joke imo.
But my point is that normally when a company has something new to release, the old stock gets discounted because people want the “new” one. Even labels being changed slightly have this effect on people’s attitudes. But with tabac, everyone seems convinced that the new version isn’t up to par or better than the old.

Tabac was my first soap and aftershave I bought for myself and one old hag told me she hated the smell so I never revisited...
LOL, you just reminded me that my mum (who is definitely not a hag) always used to refer to Old Spice as "Old Mice". Needless to say, I was never tempted to buy it, not even once. :LOL: