The Paste & Cut Traveling Box No. 1

That's a surprise about the Tabac as I didn't touch the stuffed because I have way more of it then I know what to do with here.
If there hadn't already been a sample in the box I was going to chuck in a full bottle

Not a problem Eggy, it made the box smell very nice when it was opened, and I don't think that much vanished. All good.

Glad the box survived and is making another round.

I'd love to see pics of its expanded girth!

So how is the box going GT?

So how is the box going GT?

Sorry for the delay in reports people - I have been struggling through my dose of the winter lurgy and shaving has not been at the top of my list. However as I now look like a candidate for St Nick I shall put soemthing to good use tonight.

Normal service will resume

Well at least as normal as it gets around here - I mean this is a shaving site (unless I am totally lost) and there are some very weird people boasting about permanent facial hair! Anyway to more serious business (if we ignore them they may just go away) I have used 2 soaps/creams from the box so far - I know I am really speeding through the stuff. To be continued (gotta cook herself some food)

And back again

Herself is now happy with some nice home crumbed schnitzel and a handful of chips. Back to the shaves - number one a small triangle of a lime soap - gave a decent enough lather but probably would have been better if I could have gotten a decent grip on it. Second was dipping into a small tub of Macca Root? I think - too bloody lazy to walk down the hallway to check - lovely luminous cream it was - consistency of very thick whipped cream and lather like a rabid dog. Gave a lovely shave so I might just requisition some when I send the box on. Out of curiosity someone put a razor in. Like the fell and weight of it so if the donor could give me some info I would appreciate it. I will actually use it next time.
Till we meet again (except you bearded wierdos).

Zippity doo dah - new shit all around

Well not quite but very very close. Finally sorted through the box this weekend and elected some bits a pieces. Started with something with the enticing name of citrus ziager. Why I am not sure but it did have a yellowish tinge to it so I guess citrus ziager must be better than "looks like pee". Anyway I suspect this should be more of a cream than a soap but given that Sydney is not exactly tropical at the moment it was neither one nor the other. Water the whiskers (not the new bit used a pre existing brush) rubbed some of the citrus thingy on my face and worked up a lather - not a great lather mind you but nice enough.
Then the exciting bit - I had decided to use the Comoy razor that had been in the box (mainly because I had never seen such a shiny looking razor before) and teamed it up with nothing less than the world beating Voskhod blades (Teflon coated no less) and to my delight it was quite a pleasant combination. Nice weight in the razor and the blade did what it was meant to do without ever appearing threatening. Just what I like in a blade - being able to thrash and crash in any direction you desire without having the feeling that a milligram more pressure and the mirror will be covered in blood spray. Of course it will be interesting to see how a blade that was this good in shave one will last. Of course I have complete faith in the Russian Teflon Coating and expect many many more shaves from this blade, and if not I shall send a very stern letter to Mr Putin.
Finished all this off with a splash of Thayers witch hazel (not sure why but it was there and I haven't been using the box to potential so why not)

And finally because I am an old fart at heart and SWWISBF likes it a splash of Kouros.

That's it for this enthralling episode and Mark is there another box recipient out there gnashing his teeth as I take my time to savour the treasures?

Out of curiosity someone put a razor in. Like the fell and weight of it so if the donor could give me some info I would appreciate it. I will actually use it next time.

Umm, that would be me... I got the Comoy when I first started wet shaving. Got it from the Shaver Shop at Eastgardens for around $25 including a case, little mirror and some Astras. It's a rebranded Weishi which is a superspeed chinese knock off. Nothing wrong with it as a razor but it's very mild. I already had a Slim by the time the box came to me so I chucked it in as a test razor for anyone new to wet shaving or wanted to give it someone to turn them away from carts.

Nice to IMAGINE (best we can do without pics) the box getting a workout.

Any other interested parties?

If not it might be home time too after GT takes his cut....

citrus ziager Anyway I suspect this should be more of a cream than a soap but given that Sydney is not exactly tropical at the moment it was neither one nor the other.

It's citrus zinger - a soft soap sample from NSS a while ago, but never got around to trying.

Last Post for The Box

The box is on its way back to the originator and I would like to thank Mark and all those who put goodies into for the fun time I had. It is a pity I posted it before the Shicks arrived :sad2: - No it isn't cause I wouldn't have put them in anyway. Once again thanks Mark for a good idea .

Glen