The Paste & Cut Traveling Box No. 1

My week (ok, 10 days) with the box is up.

So today I had my last shave using box ingredients.

I was sorely tempted to re-try the GFT, or T&H offerings again, but decided to go with the Phaemosan (sp?) with a Sputnik blade in a new (old) razor.
Nice enough shave, but I do wish I had re-tried one of the earlier entries.

I used the Ogallala Lime and Pepper A/S. I really wanted to like this stuff , but have been a little bit disappointed with it. I think I wanted something with a bit more flavour, and the alcohol sting. I found one of the other ogallala's to be too clovey as well.

My week (ok, 10 days) with the box is up.

So today I had my last shave using box ingredients.

I was sorely tempted to re-try the GFT, or T&H offerings again, but decided to go with the Phaemosan (sp?) with a Sputnik blade in a new (old) razor.
Nice enough shave, but I do wish I had re-tried one of the earlier entries.

I used the Ogallala Lime and Pepper A/S. I really wanted to like this stuff , but have been a little bit disappointed with it. I think I wanted something with a bit more flavour, and the alcohol sting. I found one of the other ogallala's to be too clovey as well.

YMMV of course - I love the Ogallala!

Thanks for playing mate - ANY OTHER TAKERS FOR THE TRAVELLING BOX?

YMMV of course - I love the Ogallala!

I really wanted to, but I think I have gotten used to the bracing menthol hits of certain aftershaves, and think they just fell a little short of the ones I currently have.

Thanks for organising this Mark. I see some potential future purchases that I may never have gotten around to buying without this opportunity.

I see some potential future purchases that I may never have gotten around to buying without this opportunity.

The Travelling Box in action!

Hopefully balanced by some other you will now NOT buy.

I think I wanted something with a bit more flavour, and the alcohol sting. I found one of the other ogallala's to be too clovey as well.

One of the Ogallala's lit my face up like nothing I've ever tried with the alcohol sting, it was both brilliant and terrifying. I thought the Pinaud Bay Rum was pretty sharp, but it's got nothing on that stuff. Pity I have no idea which of the Ogallala's it was.

Did you like the Phaemosan? I liked it so much I might try and organise a small group-buy if I can find a German online pharmacy that'll ship here reasonably and if there's some other interest.

Well I snapped the lid off the speick the other day it would seem and I didn't have a big enough small pot (yes I know) to put it in.
So after filling the pot I did have available there was enough left over for one more shave.
So I took the speick into the (cold) shower with me with the ej89/spoiler combo and my trusty FS brush.

The lather admittedly want as good as a hot water shave would give, but man that spoiler blade is an amazing thing. The rest of you have raved over how good the Schick is, but I am finding the spoiler to be a much nicer blade. I am not sure on the longevity but 4 shaves in and it is showing no signs of trailing off.
Maybe it is just the ej89 being such a mild razor after having used the fat boy for a while but I am going to have to do some blade/ razor experimenting when my two packs arrive.
As I was packing everything up I speed one last thing to try and splashed on a little of the nice a balm. Not a big fan, balms always feel greasy to me and this one was no different.

Last edited:
Great stuff mate

So, any more takers?

*BUMP*

This box is proving to be a temptation I have only just (thus far) managed to be strong enough to deny.

Please, someone else put their hand up for it before I dip back into it to try other items.

*BUMP*

This box is proving to be a temptation I have only just (thus far) managed to be strong enough to deny.

Please, someone else put their hand up for it before I dip back into it to try other items.

Is it going to recirculate? Lotsa stuff still in it I didnt get around to.

Is it going to recirculate? Lotsa stuff still in it I didnt get around to.

Happy for it to go to anybody who is prepared to PM me an address and phone number so i can haunt you to your grave if you take off with it.

Put up your hands gents - or has Glen already done that?

He has filler filler

Great - well it is time for the box to hit the road again!

From Eggbert to gthomas - the downpayment on my whole collection maybe mate?

Mark,

Got your pm about making sure there were no sharp things in the box which GT could hurt himself with again.

Cheers,

Eggie

Forgot to bring the box in to work with me today... hopefully tomorrow it will be on its way.

Remembered to repack and pick the box up this morning so hopefully it will soon be singing it's way down to GT for round 2.

And the box is travelling again.

Looking through the original contents, compared to what left today, there has been quite a difference in the contents.

I grabbed the GFT Rose, and swapped in a load of blades, soap/cream samples (a lot from the Great Unwashed PIF Mark PIF'ed a while back, and a tube of Godrej Blue.

GT the small black pot with no label on it is Speick cream. I somehow managed to break the lid so transferred it but forgot to label it.

And the box is travelling again.

Looking through the original contents, compared to what left today, there has been quite a difference in the contents.

I grabbed the GFT Rose, and swapped in a load of blades, soap/cream samples (a lot from the Great Unwashed PIF Mark PIF'ed a while back, and a tube of Godrej Blue.

GT the small black pot with no label on it is Speick cream. I somehow managed to break the lid so transferred it but forgot to label it.

And it has arrived - weighing approximately twice as much as before and lots of new lovely goodies. It even smelt OK as the flip lid on the Tabac had flipped on its journey and a small amount had managed to escape the bag. All shall have some fun now.

That's a surprise about the Tabac as I didn't touch the stuffed because I have way more of it then I know what to do with here.
If there hadn't already been a sample in the box I was going to chuck in a full bottle