Weekly Razor Review

Come on @Errol , don't beat around the bush, tell us what you really think! :ROFLMAO:
He did tell us exactly what he really thinks.

giphy.gif

Mutiny Shaving R41 - Orca Edition (UK)

Keep an eye on me, I must be going green to buy a 3D printed razor processed from recycled ocean waste. I’d held back on the purchase for a while thinking that photos of the R41 made it look like it was another floppy; just what I need, a plastic floppy. In the end I decided to take the plunge and bought the thing anyhow. It’s not a hinged floppy but by its design has play in the clamp which affords the head some movement without a blade fitted, but with a blade fitted the joint does become firmer.

Mutiny’s design is unique to say the least, it’s handle is a tapered square section with well rounded corners that forks at the forward section. Each leg of the fork is recessed to clamp around a groove in the end of the blade posts. It’s quick, simple and positive but as for its life expectancy???? Being plastic, the plate is not very strong and can be twisted without too much effort, the cap is worse. While that may sound horrid, there is worse to come; with a blade fitted and fully clamped down, the blade can be rocked up and down quite noticeably between the plate and the cap. I tried this with one of my blunt photo blades in case you’re wondering. However, because the blade looks to not move much in the direction of the shave as the blade is pressed back against the edge of the cap I’m willing to put my beautiful face on the line and give it a try; maybe only once but that all depends on the first result.

As shave time drew closer, I must admit to second thinking my decision to use this contraption. Too late, first aid kit is ready, ambulance is on speed dial, but I neglected to call the hospital to warn of some idiot coming in with his throat cut. You can be sure the blade chosen for this act of stupidity was not a Feather, instead I chose a blade from the lower end of the performance scale – a Sputnik. There was some good news to came out of this experiment – no medical assistance was required. Blade flutter, I’ve never experienced anything like this before. As the blade struck each whisker, the blade could be felt pulling up, and as soon as the whisker was cut it could be felt springing back down; this is going on right across the edge of the blade; an unusual experience, I didn’t like it and didn’t feel safe continuing. No surprise here but I did not finish one pass with the Mutiny. Before any razor is offered for sale, logic has me believe that someone would have tested the razor; that does not appear to be the case with the R41, anyone with half a brain would have been able to identify the faults with this razor. This razor is shit.

Blades Used – Sputnik

Material – Recycled Ocean Waste

Weight – 16.4g

Blade Tab - Covered

Head Width – 43.18mm

Handle Length – 112mm

Availability – Mutiny Shaving

Final Word – It’s already been said
Strong words - guess this one can be definitely crossed off the Christmas wish list 😂

Mutiny Shaving R41 - Orca Edition (UK)

Keep an eye on me, I must be going green to buy a 3D printed razor processed from recycled ocean waste. I’d held back on the purchase for a while thinking that photos of the R41 made it look like it was another floppy; just what I need, a plastic floppy. In the end I decided to take the plunge and bought the thing anyhow. It’s not a hinged floppy but by its design has play in the clamp which affords the head some movement without a blade fitted, but with a blade fitted the joint does become firmer.

Mutiny’s design is unique to say the least, it’s handle is a tapered square section with well rounded corners that forks at the forward section. Each leg of the fork is recessed to clamp around a groove in the end of the blade posts. It’s quick, simple and positive but as for its life expectancy???? Being plastic, the plate is not very strong and can be twisted without too much effort, the cap is worse. While that may sound horrid, there is worse to come; with a blade fitted and fully clamped down, the blade can be rocked up and down quite noticeably between the plate and the cap. I tried this with one of my blunt photo blades in case you’re wondering. However, because the blade looks to not move much in the direction of the shave as the blade is pressed back against the edge of the cap I’m willing to put my beautiful face on the line and give it a try; maybe only once but that all depends on the first result.

As shave time drew closer, I must admit to second thinking my decision to use this contraption. Too late, first aid kit is ready, ambulance is on speed dial, but I neglected to call the hospital to warn of some idiot coming in with his throat cut. You can be sure the blade chosen for this act of stupidity was not a Feather, instead I chose a blade from the lower end of the performance scale – a Sputnik. There was some good news to came out of this experiment – no medical assistance was required. Blade flutter, I’ve never experienced anything like this before. As the blade struck each whisker, the blade could be felt pulling up, and as soon as the whisker was cut it could be felt springing back down; this is going on right across the edge of the blade; an unusual experience, I didn’t like it and didn’t feel safe continuing. No surprise here but I did not finish one pass with the Mutiny. Before any razor is offered for sale, logic has me believe that someone would have tested the razor; that does not appear to be the case with the R41, anyone with half a brain would have been able to identify the faults with this razor. This razor is shit.

Blades Used – Sputnik

Material – Recycled Ocean Waste

Weight – 16.4g

Blade Tab - Covered

Head Width – 43.18mm

Handle Length – 112mm

Availability – Mutiny Shaving

Final Word – It’s already been said
Doing the lords work Errol, this could have been something I’d be into before reading your review.

@Errol , the last line of the review said it al, ha ha ha ha ha.. Was this the first Razor that you did not finish a single pass with?

There are so many 3D Printed razors in plastic popping up all over the place with just a few that are really shave worthy. Top review as always.