What base plate for Karve Christopher Bradley

I asked the question in regards to what I can do about it myself if I found some marks. So the answer may have been skewed that way.

6UKGpxph.jpg

Here is a better picture of the marks.

I emailed Karve this morning and within literally 5 minutes had a response back.
He couldn't tell exactly what it was from the crappy pic I sent but assured me that if it was a scratch or imperfection with the finish that he would make it right.

I also had my first face shave with this bad boy this morning.
Couldn't believe how smooth it was. D plate with a polsilver on the second use and it was even more buttery than my 6S on plate 6.
One thing I noticed is that the CB top cap seems to glide along my skin just a touch easier than the 6S and it's noticeably smoother for me because of it.
It also felt like a slightly closer shave than I have been getting out of the 6S.

Very pleased so far!

Oh man, your initial impression has got me worried!

If D is smoother than R6, but more efficient, maybe I should have opted D but I went with the C. Oh well, let's see how I go.

Oh man, your initial impression has got me worried!

If D is smoother than R6, but more efficient, maybe I should have opted D but I went with the C. Oh well, let's see how I go.
Don't be too concerned. I used a B plate this morning, and got a very efficient shave (similar to #4 plate, but much smoother). It's like my 4th shave with this plate and now I have the angle down, loving it more and more.

Don't be too concerned. I used a B plate this morning, and got a very efficient shave (similar to #4 plate, but much smoother). It's like my 4th shave with this plate and now I have the angle down, loving it more and more.
I have a bad feeling that I might give up my Rockwell 6s & 6c (well see) because the Karve Christopher Bradley razor is becoming very popular with so many good review feedback in nearly every wet shaving forum and YouTube, while I'm still waiting for my order too :cautious::smug:

I may need to sell the 6s I bought :/ should have waited but the Rockwell code was too good

Can you compare the B plate to the Guerrilla by any chance?

I've resisted the temptation of going onto the Karve site A) because I know I'll order one and B) because I want to wait for the Stainless Steel version, but all this talk about Top Plates and the great reviews posted on here means I've just put one in the cart and ready to checkout....lol

Jeeez....

Is a stainless version even confirmed?

Can you compare the B plate to the Guerrilla by any chance?
Will shave with the guerrilla in the morning and let u know mate

I've resisted the temptation of going onto the Karve site A) because I know I'll order one and B) because I want to wait for the Stainless Steel version, but all this talk about Top Plates and the great reviews posted on here means I've just put one in the cart and ready to checkout....lol

Jeeez....

I’ve lost out on too many now unobtanium items to let opportunity slip by anymore. Something like this with a one man operation and such glowing reviews from some trusted forum regulars, I had to jump on. If they end up releasing stainless or titanium (neither confirmed as definite yet), I’ll get one of each as well.

Sweet! That's really comforting to know! If the B is similar to R4 in terms of the shave result, then C is probably perfect for me.

Do you find the longevity of the shave lasts as long or longer than the Rockwell?

E.g. the R3 gives a BBS but I can feel the stubble regrowth several hours earlier than the R4, even though both give a very similar shave.

I have a bad feeling that I might give up my Rockwell 6s & 6c (well see) because the Karve Christopher Bradley razor is becoming very popular with so many good review feedback in nearly every wet shaving forum and YouTube, while I'm still waiting for my order too :cautious::smug:

I may need to sell the 6s I bought :/ should have waited but the Rockwell code was too good

Even if I end up loving the karve, there's no way I'll be letting go of my 6S and 6C. It's very rare for me to like a razor enough to keep it (the Rockwells and merkur progress are the only two that made the cut out of 60+ DE, SE and injector razors).

You guys aren't one razor shavers are you? I mean, I'm a minimalist when it comes to razors but even I can't see myself with just one haha

Other than straights I have been a one razor shaver until very recently. And I haven’t shaved with a straight in over a year as the kids entered that age

Sweet! That's really comforting to know! If the B is similar to R4 in terms of the shave result, then C is probably perfect for me.

Do you find the longevity of the shave lasts as long or longer than the Rockwell?

E.g. the R3 gives a BBS but I can feel the stubble regrowth several hours earlier than the R4, even though both give a very similar shave.
Shaved at 7 this morning, bbs result after 3 passes, and just over 12 hours later it’s up there with any of my efficient razors for duration. First few shaves didn’t last as long tbh, but I had the angle wrong and result wasn’t as close. It makes sense as I was able to get almost bbs in 2 passes with the C, just a couple trouble spots on the neck which will always need 3 for me due to hair swirl patterns.

I’ve lost out on too many now unobtanium items to let opportunity slip by anymore. Something like this with a one man operation and such glowing reviews from some trusted forum regulars, I had to jump on. If they end up releasing stainless or titanium (neither confirmed as definite yet), I’ll get one of each as well.
Yep, when they release it in Stainless I'll just reorder....

Shaved at 7 this morning, bbs result after 3 passes, and just over 12 hours later it’s up there with any of my efficient razors for duration. First few shaves didn’t last as long tbh, but I had the angle wrong and result wasn’t as close. It makes sense as I was able to get almost bbs in 2 passes with the C, just a couple trouble spots on the neck which will always need 3 for me due to hair swirl patterns.

That sounds really good!
I hope I can get a BBS in 2 passes with the C plate. That would be awesome!
Now the wait begins!!

I just pulled the trigger. Plate C and Plate A.

@Korbz I was going to do what you suggested, grab one plate first then two, but he changed the shipping costs, its 22 for a razor and plate. No extra when you add extra plates.

I hope the A plate was the right call. I could find no write ups on it. I'm after as smooth as R2 on the Rockwell but closer would be nice.

Sorry mate, this is what I meant. A single complete razor is only $11.72 shipped. To add a base plate it jumps to $22.41. A single base plate (or 2 base plates) cost $11.72 shipped.

So I should have just grabbed one complete razor, then ordered an extra plate/s in second shipment. Total shipping costs would have only been $23.44, instead of grabbing razor and a plate first order ($22.72) then a second order where I'm charged $11.72 further. Hey, it's only $10 but as a bean counter, it's hard to break habit lol

2353Z6Yl.jpg