Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Just pulled the trigger on a Revisor 6-0035 with Bocote timber scales. I got it for 25% off at about USD 125. I should receive it within a week or two. It will be interesting to see what I actually get.

Details here.

I chose this SR because of this looks, timber scales and no manufacturer's advertising on the scales. I'm not sure what the edge will be like but I have the skills and gear to get it up to my shave-ready standard if needed.

I just hope that it is not too good or I will need to buy another 6 for a M7DS!

Last edited:

Pbgoose

Just pulled the trigger on a Revisor 6-0035 with Bocote timber scales. I got it for 25% off at about USD 125. I should receive it within a week or two. It will be interesting to see what I actually get.

Details here.

I chose this SR because of this looks, timber scales and no manufacturer's advertising on the scales. I'm not sure what the edge will be like but I have the skills and gear to get it up to my shave-ready standard if needed.

I just hope that it is not too good or I will need to buy another 6 for a M7DS!
Look forward to your opinion on the Revisor. Seemed to get very good reviews on another forum.

Chad

... had his first - 15/8/20
Happy to find a Gillette #44 set listed terribly cheap...offered half of set price and used a $5 voucher...winning

I've had good luck cleaning up old razors and will finally get to experience what all the fuss is about with the Raised Flat Bottom NEW (RFB). Reportedly one of Gillette's best razors performance wise and sought after.

Mr razor's example.
https://flic.kr/p/2kZMAXr

Holiday

from Lanolin
Grand Society
finally get to experience what all the fuss is about with the Raised Flat Bottom NEW (RFB). Reportedly one of Gillette's best razors performance wise and sought after.
Congrats! Interested to hear how it goes @Chad

Razor Burn

President of the TF Custom Brushes Fan Club
Grand Society
Da Menth Heads
Wanting to try this fangled thingo out.
I hear its good but will see, was cheaper from the US so hopefully works out, also "unbreakable" so great for kiddos around the house that get nosey.

https://flic.kr/p/2m8QieD
My go to shower lather bowl as I'm fearful of breaking my other prized bowls/scuttles.

Very light weight and decent size with a pattern on the bottom that assists with whipping up great lather!

Certainly over priced as I obtained mine from the original kickstarter. :)

Razor Burn

President of the TF Custom Brushes Fan Club
Grand Society
Da Menth Heads
Is that a Pereira bowl? I love my Fine Accoutrement bowl, but deep down I know it's going to end in tears one day...
Yeah I hear you! I don't recall the last time I actually used the Fine bowl which is a shame as its excellent.
These days I simply face lather as too lazy to grab a bowl/scuttle unless I'm testing a sample where I need some assistance whipping up lather for which the Pereira ticks all the right boxes!!! (y)(y)(y)