What do you have in the post right now?

Is that a Pereira bowl? I love my Fine Accoutrement bowl, but deep down I know it's going to end in tears one day...
Jilli Spencer, who made the bowl that's featured in a lot of my SOTDs lately, is philosophical about such things: "it's in the nature of ceramics to get broken. Either glue it together, or I'll make you a new one. It's only mud, after all..."

Words of wisdom. I know no other bowl will be the same, since every work of hers is unique, but if she makes me another one, I'll like it every bit as much.

Waiting for a Broman razor (should arrive this Monday), Meta-4 razor, couple of bottles of witch hazel and Proraso Oatmeal shave soap.
I'd love to see your thoughts on the Broman rzaor as had my eye on it as a head shaver but was put off as its apparently very mild...?

Coming soon in the mail from Canada, Karve Aluminium with SB-B, C & D with 3.5” long handle.

ALDSKOG-20_2048x.jpg

xVCNAKQl.jpg

Colonial General SS Head Only V2

The handle for these has been discontinued which is disappointing as I thought it had character. I remember when these came out there were varied opinions on the handle. I don't suppose anybody has a Colonial General SS V2 handle they don't want?

xVCNAKQl.jpg

Colonial General SS Head Only V2

The handle for these has been discontinued which is disappointing as I thought it had character. I remember when these came out there were varied opinions on the handle. I don't suppose anybody has a Colonial General SS V2 handle they don't want?
Have you got the v1.0 Colonial General SS to compare against the v2.0?

I've got the Colonial Brass General. I bought the SS Colonial General V1 for my son but he grew a beard and doesn't use it. I'm sure he'll come to his senses one day. I assume the SS and Brass original versions shave pretty much the same?
Well. If you’re son doesn’t use the v1.0 SS you can always get it back from him, just because you bought for him and doesn’t use it.

Thankfully, nothing. I've stopped acquiring software a long time ago, but this last year I discovered the joy of buying and restoring straight razors that, normally, no one would look at. Trying to climb my way back out of this parricular rabbit hole.

I did get a couple of really nice things this week though.

This razor described by the seller as a "1936 Aristocrat" will be here with me end of the week or early next week hopefully.
Not mint, probably user condition, but hey, still a nice score amongst ever increasing prices on this gear we all like.
As found. No blade case though. Should clean up ok?
Rhodium, Nickel, or Silver? Any thoughts?

pkPHQwK.jpg

sDmgVcV.jpg

This razor described by the seller as a "1936 Aristocrat" will be here with me end of the week or early next week hopefully.
Not mint, probably user condition, but hey, still a nice score amongst ever increasing prices on this gear we all like.
As found. No blade case though. Should clean up ok?
Rhodium, Nickel, or Silver? Any thoughts?

pkPHQwK.jpg

sDmgVcV.jpg

Need to see a shot of the head open to give the 'generation' but looks like the combs are in alignment - so a great shaver, my favourite open comb!

Not nickel, either silver or rhodium and I would say the latter.

For a rhodium razor would you be able to replate it like they do with jewelery or would that play too much with tolerances?