What do you have in the post right now?

About the box.... Well, never judge a book by its cover, particularly when the cover can be swapped, replaced or lost. What I mean by this is that I have purchased around 100 razors over the last year and maybe 15 of them came with their original boxes, so this is hardly an indication of the state the actual razor is in.

However, the lack of hone wear on the spine tells you pretty much everything, and this beauty has very little to none. It looks like you have a very nice razor in the post, well done!
Good point re the box! :)
Thanks, I was hoping someone would say this is a good one. I read the recent comments from you and others re Cadman Bengall's holding a good edge so figured it might be worth a punt.

@bernie01 you have a lovely looking "modern" Cadman Bengall straight razor there. I say "modern" as, by the storing and if the scales are original, it was manufactured in about the 1940's.

I have a similar looking one in ⅝ with a Dutch (round) point. Yours is a ¾ with an American (square) point. All my Cadman Bengalls, irrespective of age, take a great edge and shave beautifully.

Yet another three straight razors. For some reason, both of my go-to pic sharing sites are resisting my advances tonight, so I cannot show them to you, but they are gorgeous.

And an APR combo, courtesy of @Mark1966.

edit: Yesssss! I managed to crack their resistance!!!

(let's see if I can keep the ball rolling and crack someone else's resistance to my advances tonight - that's yesterday for you, guys)
I like the smile on that Wheatley Bros blade. :) Makes you feel good about the rest of the day... (y)

Was trawling facebook marketplace and snapped this G2 Fatboy up within an hour of it being listed as it was a reasonable price and in Melbourne. Belonged only to the seller's late grandfather who used it everyday for 30 years since he bought it new, till he couldn't keep a steady hand and it's been in storage for the last 30. Still has the brush too.

I guess I better buy an ultrasonic cleaner now.

241686904_4284721888285679_6923882444007247677_n.jpg

A vintage Solingen Puma 1⅝ with original scales and coffin (I think). Should arrive within a couple of weeks.

full

full

Not bad for a 1920's straight razor. It will need a bit of cleaning up but nothing beyond my capabilities.
The more I look at the pic, I'm pretty sure that the edge has a slight frown in it. Not too bad so I shouldn't have trouble honing it out.

I suppose beggers can't be choosers. I only paid AUD 15 for it.

Birthday gift for myself (sorry I'm not telling you which month)
giphy.gif

Coming soon in the mail from Artisan Arcade (@Ozwhisker)

arkadia-shave-soap-stirling_360x.jpg
stirling-shave-soap-img11_360x.jpg

Coming soon in the mail from Stirling in US
amyris-shave-soap-stirling_360x.jpg
stirling-shave-soap-img34_360x.jpg

Amyris it's only for Limited Edition

Glad to see your adding MOAR soaps to your collection.:)

Amyris is the reject version of Intrepid Man. I suppose something different and no longer an homage.

Last edited:
Amyris is supposed to be based on Creed Original Santal

Intrepid Man is based on Creed Original Santal. Amyris was the Original formulation that Rod rejected as the homage, due to the sandalwood EO used smelling too much like Amyris. The fragrance produced from the soap was still very much liked by Rod and Mandy, so they decided to make a production run of it and named Amyris. So yes, looks like a special release run to be soon unobobtanium.

Nice find (y)

Intrepid Man is based on Creed Original Santal. Amyris was the Original formulation that Rod rejected as the homage, due to the sandalwood EO used smelling too much like Amyris. The fragrance produced from the soap was still very much liked by Rod and Mandy, so they decided to make a production run of it and named Amyris. So yes, looks like a special release run to be soon unobobtanium.

Nice find (y)
Something like this kind of scent perhaps??

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Maison-Francis-Kurkdjian/Amyris-Homme-15566.html

Well. I gone and got myself bit by the vintage bug. Incoming are what I think are a British Rocket HD and a rhodium Aristocrat 66. Sellers didn't specify. What's the metal cylinder in the box with the rocket?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

No idea on the metal tube? Nice HD in an aristocrat jnr case.

Your other set is beautiful. That razor has a few names as the same razor appears in a few different cases and assigned a different set number by Gillette. Great shaver and beautiful weight to it. Congratulations