What do you have in the post right now?

A big shout-out to Samson at vshod. I got a voucher as a consolation prize in the recent vshod competition and chose a brush and two Haslinger soaps. Samson informed me that the brush was coming from their supplier and would be a few weeks, and that they were out of one the soaps I requested, so he'd send two other ones instead if that was okay. I told him it was and said to send them all together once the brush arrived as I've got plenty of soap until then.

This morning I sent him an email to ask if the package has been sent yet as I want to get a couple styptic pencils, and if it hadn't gone I'd pay for them so he could send them together. I got a reply that he was ready to send everything, and that he was including 4 free pencils! His generosity never ceases to amaze me.

A big shout-out to Samson at vshod. I got a voucher as a consolation prize in the recent vshod competition and chose a brush and two Haslinger soaps. Samson informed me that the brush was coming from their supplier and would be a few weeks, and that they were out of one the soaps I requested, so he'd send two other ones instead if that was okay. I told him it was and said to send them all together once the brush arrived as I've got plenty of soap until then.

This morning I sent him an email to ask if the package has been sent yet as I want to get a couple styptic pencils, and if it hadn't gone I'd pay for them so he could send them together. I got a reply that he was ready to send everything, and that he was including 4 free pencils! His generosity never ceases to amaze me.
Indeed, his service is as impressive as his name: Samson Gilgamesh. No-one can top a surname like that. :cool:

Though back in the last century, I shared a house with a guy called Igor Nokabolokov for a while... :unsure:

Incidentally, check this out by way of an alternative to styptic. For $15 you'll have enough for yourself and several generations of offspring...

I'm waiting on a Hoshi Tombo 8000. A tub of Sandlewood and Honey scented soap from The Whispers from the Woods, B&M Terror soap from VSHOD as well as the accompanying Terror Aftershave Balm from the Italian Barber in Canada. Unfortunately, flights are suspended from there at the moment so I have no idea when that one will turn up.

I'm waiting on a Hoshi Tombo 8000. A tub of Sandlewood and Honey scented soap from The Whispers from the Woods, B&M Terror soap from VSHOD as well as the accompanying Terror Aftershave Balm from the Italian Barber in Canada. Unfortunately, flights are suspended from there at the moment so I have no idea when that one will turn up.

Terror from Vshod?

I couldn't believe my eyes. It didn't come up on the site. It didn't come up on the B&m products list.

The ONLY way it shows for sale is Google it under Vshod. Wow the shop is really costing itself good coin by the website design. If it's not on the site how else would I know?

What other finds aren't listed that should be and available?

Terror from Vshod?

I couldn't believe my eyes. It didn't come up on the site. It didn't come up on the B&m products list.

The ONLY way it shows for sale is Google it under Vshod. Wow the shop is really costing itself good coin by the website design. If it's not on the site how else would I know?

There are lots!

Top 10 Worst website shopping design I have ever experienced! It's like webshopping from 20 years ago, and in some instances 25 years. Even worse if your using a mobile device.

That would be all the ones on my screens that say '*Blocked for Chad' next to them I'm presuming :whistle:

I cannot find the all the old Fine soaps, razorock razor options, the full shaving soap and aftershave lists, product reviews. Constantly have to dig around pages to find bits and pieces. Very frustrating when they are one of the the best in terms for customer service and shipping.

I cannot find the all the old Fine soaps, razorock razor options, the full shaving soap and aftershave lists, product reviews. Constantly have to dig around pages to find bits and pieces. Very frustrating when they are one of the the best in terms for customer service and shipping.

Thanks I had no idea they stocked all those FINE products.

So that’s where the Tombo went. It should be a great shaver, the guy your picked it up from is a gentleman. I picked up a Tomo from him a little while ago and he sent it with payment due.

Last edited:
Terror from Vshod?

Go to Products -> Product List/Site Map -> Barrister & Mann Shave Soaps.

Agreed, their site design is really bad, but if you start from the site map you'll find all sorts of treasures. And what they lack in design skills, they more than make up for in quality of service.

At the moment I have 7 straight razors on the way, three of them are having to deal (thus, so am I) with Spanish Customs ineptitude, and the remaining four are due for collection today. Dare I say they are quite nice the seven of them.

Wheatley Brothers "Wheat Sheaf".

6HaPNiI.jpg

Karl Becker, Solingen.

g5s7zuu.jpg

PkgdGt7.jpg

Pair of John Heiffor.

kLqLQl8.jpg

PnoJQFN.jpg

John Heiffor humongous razor, and Wilkinson Pall Mall razor.

FtFmTSN.jpg

9djmDje.jpg

German razor, The Hamburg Ring.

GQmE3Kq.jpg

LM1XHnK.jpg

At the moment I have 7 straight razors on the way, three of them are having to deal (thus, so am I) with Spanish Customs ineptitude, and the remaining four are due for collection today. Dare I say they are quite nice the seven of them.

Wheatley Brothers "Wheat Sheaf".

6HaPNiI.jpg

Karl Becker, Solingen.

g5s7zuu.jpg

PkgdGt7.jpg

Pair of John Heiffor.

kLqLQl8.jpg

PnoJQFN.jpg

John Heiffor humongous razor, and Wilkinson Pall Mall razor.

FtFmTSN.jpg

9djmDje.jpg

German razor, The Hamburg Ring.

GQmE3Kq.jpg

LM1XHnK.jpg

You REALLY need to get a DC Blades razor into your den.

I know where you can get one ...

Terror from Vshod?

It's a shocker of a website. The first time I came across it, I actually did a search for reviews because the site looks so dodgy. I found a review of some one else mentioning how bad it was, so I knew it was legit. I've been on the site so many times, even this morning, I found stuff that I didn't know existed before.

So that’s where the Tombo went. It should be a great shaver, the guy your picked it up from is a gentleman. I picked up a Tomo from him a little while ago and he sent it with payment due.

I'm really looking forward to it. He emailed me straight away letting me know when he can make the post office so I was pretty impressed with him. I'm eyeing off more of what he's got but surely, I don't need another razor.....

In these trying times there is no guarantee when this lot of "diamonds in the rough" will arrive.

French cabbage cutter :) Leresche French tip rasoir with thumb notch (y)
BW5i6X7.jpg

Robeson Shuredge - "the razor that fits your face" has been treated with cos moline dip
Nfz7IRo.jpg

Wester Bros. De-Fi The Royal Crown Razor Solingen, Germany #34
sVaBbZD.jpg

DublDuck 4" Boar
hbrdFC2.jpg

11/16 DublDuck Pearlduck Satinedge
d5qcfpW.jpg

Last edited:
In these trying times there is no guarantee when this lot of "diamonds in the rough" will arrive.

French cabbage cutter :) Leresche French tip rasoir with thumb notch (y)
BW5i6X7.jpg

Robeson Shuredge - "the razor that fits your face" has been treated with cos moline dip
Nfz7IRo.jpg

Wester Bros. De-Fi The Royal Crown Razor Solingen, Germany #34
sVaBbZD.jpg

DublDuck 4" Boar
hbrdFC2.jpg

11/16 DublDuck Pearlduck Satinedge
d5qcfpW.jpg
Hey Sweeney @Holiday Todd how many more straight razors do you need to collect, before, you need to shave them after honing and stropping the edge?

Hey Sweeney @Holiday Todd how many more straight razors do you need to collect, before, you need to shave them after honing and stropping the edge?

What a silly question to ask here. The answer is always -

MOAR!

What a silly question to ask here. The answer is always -

MOAR!
(y)
When I have a Sweeney Todd straight for every soap in your den I will start to question if I have an addictive disorder of some sort :whistle: