What do you have in the post right now?

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I have been away. There has been a lot happening on my side of things. My workplace was shutdown as there has been a potential covid infection within the workplace and as such I was dismissed from work immediately pending the test results of contact zero and our individual results. Unfortunately all spending has now been put on hold at this point as I get my bearings and await my test results.

Sorry about the long story but I wanted to follow up respectfully with everyone in regards to the wizamet blades.
They arrived a day late (25th August) but that was due to DHL holding it for whatever reason it was held an additional day but given the situation we are all in they did very well to get it to me a day later but dare I say had it not been sent express I would still be waiting for weeks to come. The great news is that it arrived on my birthday so that is at least something.

I have taken some basic pics and attached them below. If anyone would like any additional pics please let me know.

I want to add that the packaging was extremely well done and I could not have asked for any better. If I am to go by packaging alone I would order again in a heartbeat. The box was large, at least three times the size of the 4 sleeves of blades I ordered and they were surrounded by thick brown paper, padding the blades from any damage.

The actual blade sleeve packaging is near mint condition and as good as you can get really. (High praises there). I have seen many other people on various forums that I am not a member to receive sleeves that were beat up and bowed like a banana. No such issues here to speak of.

The date of the tucks are dated at the 10/10/20
Country of Origin as expected appears to be Russia.
I haven't got any pics right now but the blades are wrapped in wax paper with the writing 'Iridium super' all over it.

At some point I will be testing and comparing these blades against some PolSilver blades once I find them and get around to it.

So far...
Shipping: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
1000 blades eh? Doesn't that qualify you for membership in the #grandsociety @Monsta_AU ?

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I have been away. There has been a lot happening on my side of things. My workplace was shutdown as there has been a potential covid infection within the workplace and as such I was dismissed from work immediately pending the test results of contact zero and our individual results. Unfortunately all spending has now been put on hold at this point as I get my bearings and await my test results.

Sorry about the long story but I wanted to follow up respectfully with everyone in regards to the wizamet blades.
They arrived a day late (25th August) but that was due to DHL holding it for whatever reason it was held an additional day but given the situation we are all in they did very well to get it to me a day later but dare I say had it not been sent express I would still be waiting for weeks to come. The great news is that it arrived on my birthday so that is at least something.

I have taken some basic pics and attached them below. If anyone would like any additional pics please let me know.

I want to add that the packaging was extremely well done and I could not have asked for any better. If I am to go by packaging alone I would order again in a heartbeat. The box was large, at least three times the size of the 4 sleeves of blades I ordered and they were surrounded by thick brown paper, padding the blades from any damage.

The actual blade sleeve packaging is near mint condition and as good as you can get really. (High praises there). I have seen many other people on various forums that I am not a member to receive sleeves that were beat up and bowed like a banana. No such issues here to speak of.

I haven't got any pics right now but the blades are wrapped in wax paper with the writing 'Iridium super' all over it.

At some point I will be testing and comparing these blades against some PolSilver blades once I find them and get around to it.

So far...

At least the sealer has the decency to offer express shipping as an option.(y)

So far...
@Monsta_AU you’ve got another Grand Society member

Here are some pics of the Wizamet Blades individually wrapped and one opened.
There seems to be a lot of variations in regards to these blades, some with the SUPER IRIDIUM® and these with a SUPER IRIDIUM™ instead. The SUPER IRIDIUM® have '10 Zyletek' written on the packs but these ones with SUPER IRIDIUM™ do not have anything on the packs of blades but do have "IRIDIUM - super" written on the paper.
Just some interesting observations so far. I'm probably going down the great Wizamet rabbit hole here. lol

Another 2,000 wizamets from wizashave.com to add to the 3,000 I already got from them.

Wizashave is awesome to deal with! I really wouldn't bother buying them anywhere else.

Man you must really love your PolSilver/Wizamets!
I love the way you do things. If I have learned anything its that you hae to buy your blades in bulk if you like them and by bulk I mean Ronnie Coleman bulk. lol

Would love to see a picture of your blade stash some day.
Definitely post pics when you get them. I'm curious of date codes too.

I've heard good things about wizashave too but so far my experience with Superiridium seems to be good also. A month ago I had no idea and was wondering where to get these blades and now I have two options. Wizamet blades seem to be the easiest of all blades to acquire and in bulk too.

I will be buying more when things change on my side of things.
Now if anyone could bump me in the direction of a reputable dealer they can vouch for in regards to some Gillette Platinum blades in bulk at a similar or reasonable price I would be grateful.

I see that Wizashave are now shipping to Australia from their USA dealer, rather than from Morocco.

" We started Shipping to Australia - New Zealand - Taiwan - Canada from the US for a trackable shipping service and reasonable shipping times ( 2 - 3 weeks) with a fee of $9 for 250 blades or less and FREE SHIPPING when you order more than 250 blades "

Man you must really love your PolSilver/Wizamets!
I love the way you do things. If I have learned anything its that you hae to buy your blades in bulk if you like them and by bulk I mean Ronnie Coleman bulk. lol

Would love to see a picture of your blade stash some day.
Definitely post pics when you get them. I'm curious of date codes too.

I've heard good things about wizashave too but so far my experience with Superiridium seems to be good also. A month ago I had no idea and was wondering where to get these blades and now I have two options. Wizamet blades seem to be the easiest of all blades to acquire and in bulk too.

I will be buying more when things change on my side of things.
Now if anyone could bump me in the direction of a reputable dealer they can vouch for in regards to some Gillette Platinum blades in bulk at a similar or reasonable price I would be grateful.

Yah, I love these blades so much because without them, shaving is difficult for me due to the combination of coarse stubble and dermatitis prone sensitive skin.

I'll post pics when they arrive. I will have 3 batches in total as I purchased 2k, 1k and now 2k.

I also have 3k polsilver blades but they are still at my parent's place. I still find a slight difference between wizzie and polsilver, the latter being smoother and longer lasting.

Wizashave is basically the OG supplier and I prefer to support him as he stuck with it. He told me early on, business was so low he was considering quitting but luckily for us wizzie lovers, he pushed through and his service and communication has been impeccable!!

Btw this place has 2 types of Gillette platinum (and polsilver):

https://www.polsilver-blades.com/gillette-platinum-blue.html

Yah, I love these blades so much because without them, shaving is difficult for me due to the combination of coarse stubble and dermatitis prone sensitive skin.

I'll post pics when they arrive. I will have 3 batches in total as I purchased 2k, 1k and now 2k.

I also have 3k polsilver blades but they are still at my parent's place. I still find a slight difference between wizzie and polsilver, the latter being smoother and longer lasting.

Wizashave is basically the OG supplier and I prefer to support him as he stuck with it. He told me early on, business was so low he was considering quitting but luckily for us wizzie lovers, he pushed through and his service and communication has been impeccable!!

Btw this place has 2 types of Gillette platinum (and polsilver):

https://www.polsilver-blades.com/gillette-platinum-blue.html

That's great!! I can't wait!

Nice! I probably have 200 if that. I was meant to purchase a wild amount but life happened. I remember you could get tons of PolSilver blades at one point and could order a ton from ebay too at cheap prices but that has dried up.
It's interesting to hear that. I will definitely use my PolSilver blades sparingly.

That's very honorable. I really appreciate you sharing that with us. I will likely make two more orders for blades when I am cleared and get my bearings again. I will probably order a batch from each seller at the same time and compare the two. As far as I have heard Wizashave is the gold standard for some in other forums.

Yeah I remember going there for PolSilver blades once when they were a good option but their prices seem to be pretty high now in general. I don't like that they are expensive and the seller seems to deliberately offer odd numbers and not offering the standard 500 or 1000 option. I'm probably being petty and at the very least people can probably trust that he is legit. It's a shame razer blade club isn't shipping to Australia anymore.

I see that Wizashave are now shipping to Australia from their USA dealer, rather than from Morocco.

" We started Shipping to Australia - New Zealand - Taiwan - Canada from the US for a trackable shipping service and reasonable shipping times ( 2 - 3 weeks) with a fee of $9 for 250 blades or less and FREE SHIPPING when you order more than 250 blades "

Oh thanks for posting that because I thought I invented the notion that they weren't shipping to Australia at one point because I did look at them first but noticed they didn't and now they are but also the fact that Nav1 also buys from them is pretty cool. I thought I was losing it. lol

That's great!! I can't wait!

Nice! I probably have 200 if that. I was meant to purchase a wild amount but life happened. I remember you could get tons of PolSilver blades at one point and could order a ton from ebay too at cheap prices but that has dried up.
It's interesting to hear that. I will definitely use my PolSilver blades sparingly.

That's very honorable. I really appreciate you sharing that with us. I will likely make two more orders for blades when I am cleared and get my bearings again. I will probably order a batch from each seller at the same time and compare the two. As far as I have heard Wizashave is the gold standard for some in other forums.

Yeah I remember going there for PolSilver blades once when they were a good option but their prices seem to be pretty high now in general. I don't like that they are expensive and the seller seems to deliberately offer odd numbers and not offering the standard 500 or 1000 option. I'm probably being petty and at the very least people can probably trust that he is legit. It's a shame razer blade club isn't shipping to Australia anymore.

If I didn't have the polsilver blades, I honestly wouldn't purchase them at $80 given how close the wizamets come in overall performance.

But since I do have them, I will definitely continue to enjoy them for a long time to come.

I forgot to mention the 600 BIC Chrome Platinum blades I've also got on the way.

I'm oddly very curious about the BiC blades. I have a very strong feeling they are great blades. I have a pack laying around but almost bought 100 recently on a whim.
They seem to very polarizing blades, people either love em or hate em.

Anyone else here really like the Treet Black Beauty blades. I have always got some really fantastic shaves for them with my gamechanger razors. I was also able to get more than 2 shaves out of one blade and no my facial hair isn't fairyfloss either. lol.

The BIC Chrome Platinum blade shaves like a bloody paint scraper, OUCH!!!! No thank you, I’ll pass.

Hahahaha. Isn't that what gem blades are for? :p Just kidding.
I have also heard that BiC blades can be very rough to start with but become much smoother by the second shave. I guess I know what is going to be said here, why use a blade like that when you can get greatness right out of the box on a Gillette Minora or Wizamet. I guess its nice to have variety.

Bahahaha, I knew I was going to be on my own with that one. I was shocked myself when I used them for the first few times. I remember the first time I had to stop for a second and take it out and question what was happening. I'm going to have to try them out again and see. It's been so long now.

The BIC Chrome Platinum blade shaves like a bloody paint scraper, OUCH!!!! No thank you, I’ll pass.

I can understand. This is definitely a love it or hate it blade. I just happen to love it!

I'm oddly very curious about the BiC blades. I have a very strong feeling they are great blades. I have a pack laying around but almost bought 100 recently on a whim.

Anyone else here really like the Treet Black Beauty blades. I have always got some really fantastic shaves for them with my gamechanger razors. I was also able to get more than 2 shaves out of one blade and no my facial hair isn't fairyfloss either. lol.

Bic is a little rough and a little bitey to begin with but then it goes ultra smooth and very long lasting.
Not polsilver long lasting but pretty dang good!

Also, unlike polsilver/wizzie, bic is a very razor dependant blade.

For me, it works well in karve, progress, flexi and fatip.

But feels rough in ATT Windsor H, Yates H, tatara nodachi and the more efficient razors.

I rate Bic higher than Feather in sharpness BUT they need the right razor. They need a base plate that fully clamps down to prevent chatter etc.

And black beauty blades are smoothe as butter in an aggressive razor but they last only 2 shaves.

I rate Bic higher than Feather in sharpness BUT they need the right razor. They need a base plate that fully clamps down to prevent chatter etc.

And black beauty blades are smoothe as butter in an aggressive razor but they last only 2 shaves.
I find Bics an under-rated blade. They're as sharp as a Feather, cheap as chips but a decent shaver when paired with an efficient DE like the R41. They get a crappy reputation as most people think of the 2 blade carts of the same brand but I like them and agree with the appropriate pairing. (y)