What do you have in the post right now?

(y)
When I have a Sweeney Todd straight for every soap in your den I will start to question if I have an addictive disorder of some sort :whistle:
I was waiting for that reply :LOL:(y).
If you had about 7 or 10 straight razors, might last you about 10 or 12 years shaving…. I guess as I’m no Sweeney Todd straight experience, because, I’m not a bloody throat cutter.

If you had about 7 or 10 straight razors, might last you about 10 or 12 years shaving…. I guess as I’m no Sweeney Todd straight experience, because, I’m not a bloody throat cutter.

Essentially one straight could last a lifetime if well maintained and that was the original attraction. I saw the price of cartridges in ColesWorths last week and on special they are $35 - $50+ a pack so I no longer feel guilty about any wet shaving purchases

Essentially one straight could last a lifetime if well maintained and that was the original attraction. I saw the price of cartridges in ColesWorths last week and on special they are $35 - $50+ a pack so I no longer feel guilty about any wet shaving purchases
How can a straight single edge last a lifetime, after so much honing? how often do you hone the edge before stropping?

How can a straight single edge last a lifetime, after so much honing? how often do you hone the edge before stropping?
I am definitely not experienced enough to answer that and there are many varied views on forums. Regular touch up to maintain the edge after every shave or a few shaves with a full bevel reset 1 x year seems common.

Wester Bros. De-Fi The Royal Crown Razor Solingen, Germany #34
sVaBbZD.jpg

Uncanny. I sold yesterday a razor that had the exact same etching, however, it was stamped Brand & Co.

v4fT3T5.jpg

In the post soon could be your item from the 2021 Paste & Cut Charity Auction!

Bidding closes Saturday, 23rd October 2021 at 12.00pm AEDT unless extended in accordance with the rules.

Check out the items here

Honestly it is a damn good razor, and worthy of a sabbatical failure.
I'll second that. (y)

But as an aside, there are those here who believe that you could buy now and defer the consummation until 1/1/22. :p Since the sabbatical is unofficial, there's nobody to say you don't get to set your own rules, so whatever you choose works, and there's not one of us here who could argue. Ultimately, a sabbatical is either to use up products on hand, or to refine your future buying policy, in other words a learning experience. So even if you fail, you still win.

Decisions, decisions - I have a Lupo 72 in the post which is due to arrive anytime from today until Monday... do I shave tomorrow morning and risk it arriving tomorrow and then I'll have to wait to try it out? The suspense would be very difficult to take. Mind you, my technique has now developed to the point that I could probably just about shave every day without irritation...

Dang Aussie Post, how can you be so ambiguous, I've got big decisions to work through, and you're not helping!

And when it does get here, do I keep using the current Minora to see how far I can push it - 7 shaves at the moment - or do I chuck a new one in? And if I go new, a new Minora, or something completely different? I blame all you enablers out there - you know who you are - for all this choice anxiety I'm having to deal with...

Dang Aussie Post, how can you be so ambiguous, I've got big decisions to work through, and you're not helping!
And when it does get here, do I keep using the current Minora to see how far I can push it - 7 shaves at the moment - or do I chuck a new one in?
First, the important one: if the blade is still working well, why not stay with it? But if it's even slightly less than perfect, just get rid of it. You only get one life.

My own frustration with the postal system today, I have a package that has been inching its way across the planet for the last 5 weeks (not shaving-related, this is me being organised for once with Mrs Gargravarr's birthday) and is now showing up on the tracking as "2 Nov. Addressee not available. Scheduled for another redelivery attempt". I've been home, and there's nothing in the mailbox. Bugger. :banghead: