What do you have in the post right now?

The trick is to apply absolutely no pressure to the razor. I've cut myself more times with my slant than I ever have with a straight razor.
I thought for some time about trying slant razors, but then it occurred to me, "why not just shave a diagonal cut with a normal razor?" Weeks after I started doing this, I discovered that someone thought of this before: google Gillette Slide. It works for me, but I do have a few bumps I have to me a bit careful with if I don't want to draw blood.

I had a Merkur 37c slant razor and it was “okay”, but then I got an ATT S1 slant. This thing is super smooth and can be used daily or on several days growth. Never cut myself or fear cutting myself. It’s a favourite of many I know, the S2 open comb version, gets negative views fyi.

I thought for some time about trying slant razors, but then it occurred to me, "why not just shave a diagonal cut with a normal razor?" Weeks after I started doing this, I discovered that someone thought of this before: google Gillette Slide. It works for me, but I do have a few bumps I have to me a bit careful with if I don't want to draw blood.

I won't use my slant unless I have at least 2 days growth at a minimum. For me, that's where I think the slant performs at it's best.

This one is something I no longer have in the post right now. :( I mentioned here the other day that both Mensbiz and Czech&Speake were showing stock of Oxford & Cambridge soap again (somehow) so I included another 3 pucks on my order with MB to top up my backups. Sadly, it looks like that listing was a piglet of someone's imagination (or someone wanted it for himself), and that part of my order has been canned. Bummer. :(

Maybe I should have kept quiet.:unsure:

I do, however, have some more DRH Windsor and Lavender on the way, plus some Fine Lavender Pour Homme. (y)

Decided to go in deeper with straight razor shaving…. I know it’s a slippery slope. My hope is that I can straight shave 3-4 x a month and enjoy the novelty. I have 3 straights currently. 2 are second hand in good condition but need some sorting in terms of their edge. The 3rd one I bought new 6 years ago from Straight Razor Designs (shave ready Ralf Aust). I think I didn’t strop it adequately on my last shave so it’s seemed to tug a little. I’ve probably used it 5-6 other times and it’s been enjoyable.

Have ordered the following:

- A cheap digital microscope (after reading some posts here and elsewhere about checking blades under magnification). I did not order a loupe at this stage although it would probably be handy.

And from RazorsandMore (London) the following Windrose products.
- A double sided cotton strop for pastes
- A new cowhide leather strop (to add to my Whipped dog “Rich man’s” strop which is 5-6 years old and a little dried out.
- Various pastes (green, red) and a leather balm to spruce up my old strop.

Was reading threads here and elsewhere as well as watching videos about strops, pastes, SR maintenance etc. - so thanks to all for their insights.

I really wanted to get a separate “cloth” strop and was unable to find anything locally. I know that many here use hand made items with balsa wood and so on but I don’t think I’d take that route at the moment.

Now honing is a whole other thing that I am avoiding for now. I obviously can’t ignore that. I may need a honemeister some day, dabble myself, or just stop there. With the microscope, I hope to better understand the state of my 3 razors and take it from there.

Hey @SpeedyPC - where is that gif of people falling down a long, dark hole?

Hey @SpeedyPC - where is that gif of people falling down a long, dark hole?
Self diagnosis
Ge1Bgvr.jpg

This one is something I no longer have in the post right now. :( I mentioned here the other day that both Mensbiz and Czech&Speake were showing stock of Oxford & Cambridge soap again (somehow) so I included another 3 pucks on my order with MB to top up my backups. Sadly, it looks like that listing was a piglet of someone's imagination (or someone wanted it for himself), and that part of my order has been canned. Bummer. :(

Maybe I should have kept quiet.:unsure:

I do, however, have some more DRH Windsor and Lavender on the way, plus some Fine Lavender Pour Homme. (y)

Happened to me too and I had ordered one puck, a few days before you had posted about it, I think. I cancelled the order altogether.

lQMQdDI.jpg

Down to my last 20 tubs of shaving creams so I thought better stock up. The Fine Accoutrements hard soap is no longer made and is a dupe of Tabac so I thought I’d try it. Of the 3Ts, I have never used Trumpers so looking forward to see if it’s any good. I’ve used Taylor’s before but not these two. There are three new artisans (new to me) I haven’t tried before so we‘ll see if they are any good (Scheermonik, Norbeck and Extro). Lastly, I bought the Scottish shaving soap mainly for the porcelain shaving bowl it comes with; if the soap is crap, I can use the bowl with other soaps. Another bonus, all these soaps were on sale and shipping was $6 bucks from England. Now comes the waiting.

oYWpIM7.jpg

I haven’t used the new Cella before and the Salter shaving creams have been around for a while but I never got around to trying them so we’ll see if they are keepers or not. I am a creature of habit so the MWF was added as well.

ovDfros.png

I wasn’t going to buy so many creams but they were half price. I haven’t bought so many soaps and creams for around 5 years. Now its back to safety razor purchases and maybe some badgers seeing as to how I only have 6. A disgraceful state of affairs.