What do you have in the post right now?

Just remember that it has a 7 year best before date from manufacturer. After that and its refined citrus scent with floral undertones starts to fade.
I gave a whole box of 12 Arko sticks directly to @gthomas04 for FREE a while back, PLUS a FREE tub of 3 grated Derby sticks.

Beside...... There isn't any Arko and Derby sticks in my den anymore, it's ALL GONE directly to @gthomas04

Last edited:
Another order of ARKO from Turkey should perk your spirits up.
If you ever send me a stick or a whole box of ARKO, I shove it up your butt and you won't have to worry about buying bog rolls for a whole year, and your butt will smell very clean and very refreshing for a whole year.

And you won't have to worry about smelling like Buckman

Last edited:
wBnfHzVm.jpg
MI1A93xm.jpg

I’ve been looking at the Gillette Fatboy replicas from Global Shave and for their price (with exchange rates and shipping) it puts them in the ballpark for an original that works but is obviously worn.

The originals I seen for around the price I was looking at were kind of disgusting. While I’m no germaphobe, I do like things clean. The razors I looked at looked like they have never been cleaned for the past 60 years.

An internet search found fully restored and replated Gillette razors for just a few dollars more. My wife bought me this one for my birthday, a 1958 D4 that has been restored by Chris Spencer in the States.

wBnfHzVm.jpg
MI1A93xm.jpg

I’ve been looking at the Gillette Fatboy replicas from Global Shave and for their price (with exchange rates and shipping) it puts them in the ballpark for an original that works but is obviously worn.

The originals I seen for around the price I was looking at were kind of disgusting. While I’m no germaphobe, I do like things clean. The razors I looked at looked like they have never been cleaned for the past 60 years.

An internet search found fully restored and replated Gillette razors for just a few dollars more. My wife bought me this one for my birthday, a 1958 D4 that has been restored by Chris Spencer in the States.
Nice, your wife is a considerate lady. (y) I have to admit, I've no time for those who attempt to sell razors over the internet without making any attempt to clean them up properly. That's just icky.

Nice, your wife is a considerate lady. (y) I have to admit, I've no time for those who attempt to sell razors over the internet without making any attempt to clean them up properly. That's just icky.

To be fair, around the antique world generally the 'rule' is not to clean or restore and in many cases that does reduce value. I've been in antique stores and suggested blades be removed and had push back from dealers for that reason, the blades being of recent vintage and not helpful in dating the razor, just the last use in these cases.

To be fair, around the antique world generally the 'rule' is not to clean or restore and in many cases that does reduce value. I've been in antique stores and suggested blades be removed and had push back from dealers for that reason, the blades being of recent vintage and not helpful in dating the razor, just the last use in these cases.

As a collector of military antiques, I totally agree Mark, the less things are touched, the better their value.

However, as I intend to use this razor at least once a week, the thought of years of someone's gunk on something that I'm going to put on my face kind of repulses me even though I'd obviously clean it first.

I know a restored and replated original isn't "original" as such, but it's still a 64 years old razor and it's good to go for another 64 years.

Nice, your wife is a considerate lady.

She's a keeper!

I saw that too and nearly placed an order but they didn't have the balm or splash that goes with it.
I think it was early Monday or maybe Sunday I saw they had stock of Hamami soap and something else which was sold out for months.
I assumed then that they’d gotten their order of soap from NO and the splashes are coming via a different method.
Either way, im outta the buying game for now until I reduce substantially.

I think it was early Monday or maybe Sunday I saw they had stock of Hamami soap and something else which was sold out for months.
I assumed then that they’d gotten their order of soap from NO and the splashes are coming via a different method.

Unfortunately, the splashes will have to come via ship and that can take up to 6 weeks.

You still committed to that Sabbatical bro? Don't leave me hanging alone... :cool:

You still committed to that Sabbatical bro? Don't leave me hanging alone... :cool:
I had an itchy finger for B&M Sandalwood but held strong. I may struggle when SW Boonana drops, so will see if I cave.
I won a razor in PIF recently and it showed up today.

I had an itchy finger for B&M Sandalwood but held strong. I may struggle when SW Boonana drops, so will see if I cave.
I won a razor in PIF recently and it showed up today.
Its been hard resisting the urge to add more gear but also enjoyed working my way through soap and blades.
Congrats on the razor and I wouldn't blame you if you added another soap seeing how you work through them like crazy! (y)