What do you have in the post right now?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts, I have few bubs in the US with them - a couple said great shaves while others said blade alignment was an issue so I am curious.

G'day! Blade alignment is perfect in this one. Checked it with my array of Mitutoyos. Weighs in at exactly 98g. I believe the real Merkur is a fair bit heavier. Extremely well made IMO... great build quality. The two flat springs which hold the head on are non-magnetic and therefore should resist rust. I can't wait to use it tomorrow morning! Will try it with an Astra SP.

Okay, shave with the Maggards Futur clone this morning with an Astra SP. First impression: this (IMHO) is NOT an extremely aggressive! I have read blokes on other forums saying they are aggressive! Well, as far as I can see, they either have a very different Merkur clone to my one, or they are rank beginners who started on position six and attempted to do a 30 second 3 pass shave with a new razor! There is one more alternative... they could be spreading "fake news!"

I tried it on pos one all the way to six before settling on pos five which, for me, pretty much equated to a six or seven on my Slim. Quite a good shave just using shaving soap, no nicks or weepers, no burning. I think any newbie with an ounce of sense would find it PDG! The handle was extremely comfortable... never noticed it at all. Not as comfortable at 6, but too low at 1-2 for my taste!

I meant to say that I have a sneaky suspicion that there could be more than one different Futur clone floating around. I can't wait for my one from China to arrive! My one from Maggards (also, of course, made in China) looks a lot better quality than the ebay photo of the one from a Chinese seller. Just saying!

Today's shave with the clone was even better than yesterday! Second shave with the Astra SP was a delight! Went to pos 6.5 and I'd rate it there as mildly aggressive. Certainly not the face peeler that some on other forums have labelled it! No nicks, cuts drag etc. at all. Mind you, I was pretty careful using it as I am with any new razor or blade! Being on blood thinners tends to make you careful! Very easy razor to clean, too. Might try it with a Feather tomorrow... that'll be the test!

A puck of Holland Glen from Talbot Shaving which dropped last night at 2.30am!

Really makes up for my disappointment on missing out (again) on a puck of Bufflehead Fletcher yesterday which sold out in under a minute.

A puck of Holland Glen from Talbot Shaving which dropped last night at 2.30am!

Really makes up for my disappointment on missing out (again) on a puck of Bufflehead Fletcher yesterday which sold out in under a minute.
You got one? Awesome! Congrats mate.

You got one? Awesome! Congrats mate.

The first time ever that I have managed to buy anything limited that 'drops' in the US. The soaps dropped at 2.30am and sold out in four minutes....

...so it's fortunate that I know the soap maker and got him to save me a puck which I paid for this morning as staying up to 2.30am after working 58hrs this week would have bloody killed me :D

Fancied some more Italian in my life...

kXYSwCM.jpg

I've received an email today from Wholly Kaw saying my soaps has been shipped yesterday and on it way to Australia from US, my order has been hold back because they were having some issue with label for all the pre-order on the Man from Mayfair. I'm looking forward to experience these tallow soaps below very soon ;)(y):happy:

Wholly Kaw - Fougère Bouquet Special Edition (with donkey milk)
Wholly Kaw - Man from Mayfair (with donkey milk)
Wholly Kaw - Monaco Royale (with donkey milk)

I've received an email today from Wholly Kaw saying my soaps has been shipped yesterday and on it way to Australia from US, my order has been hold back because they were having some issue with label for all the pre-order on the Man from Mayfair. I'm looking forward to experience these tallow soaps below very soon ;)(y):happy:

donkey milk....interesting.
as long as it's not Bulls milk your fine

I'm interested to hear how you find them Speedy, people seem to rave about those soaps.

I'm interested to hear how you find them Speedy, people seem to rave about those soaps.

@Benjamin that's why I had to ordered them because there saying it's FANTASTIC the best tallow soap with Donkey Milk, and the post shave feel is also at the top of the game as well as slickness all I have to do now is sit tight and wait.
M9lUb3o.jpg

Last edited: