What do you have in the post right now?

Mike's Hungarian Lavender. I'm on a bit of an informal sabbatical at the moment, but I've been wanting to try Mike's for a while and it was finally available. Somehow a puck just fell into my basket. :whistle:

My brother has ordered me another 2 free Yaqi Tuxedo brushes below which are:-

Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo Synth. 24/58mm knot
HTB1SHrqcqagSKJjy0Fhq6ArbFXab.jpg
HTB1JoPseEvMR1JjSZPcq6A1tFXax.jpg

Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo Synth. 26/60mm knot
HTB19di7jOFTMKJjSZFAq6AkJpXap.jpg
HTB1MlAOgrsTMeJjy1zeq6AOCVXaY.jpg

Got the website link for that 26mm Speedy? Might grab one of them myself.

Speedy is this code for 'I will be buying these'?

What are your thoughts on your current Yaqi's?

*Edit* 24mm one is sold out. 26mm still left

What are your thoughts on your current Yaqi's?

The Yaqi Tuxedo 26/62mm knot Resin handle I used today during my shaves click here is pretty darn good is almost a sweet spot, the brush little bit floppy for a 26/62mm and the brush splay perfectly as I find the loft is just a little bit too high otherwise if the loft went over 62mm this become too floppy for my taste for face lathering.

@SpeedyPC any scritch or just soft and dense?

No scritch at all zero just soft and is not extra dense as APShaveCo which makes it very difficult to splay, because there knot is set too deep I would say normal dense somewhere in the middle. Yaqi is almost spot on because they come in varies size knot and loft height depending on your taste.

*Edit* 24mm one is sold out which one @RustyBlade ??

They don't accept PayPal and I don't like giving out my credit card details online so my brother got these for me, and he was ordering two Yaqi brushes too so he ask me if I want another brushes so I said yes.

Last edited:
I may have developed a problem since joining this group. I’ve bought 5 razors, 8 soaps and a brush since I joined last week. Do we have a Shavers Anonymous support group here :nailbiting:

This is it unfortunately. Abit like going to an AA meeting and you never drank and now you need to so you can dull the sensors permanently.

To nail it further, since joining this forum I've spent thousands in less than a year, have over 50+ razors (7x slims for example) boxes of soaps and ONLY three brushes so far.

You are doomed I say... Doooomed :vamp:

Last edited:
I may have developed a problem since joining this group. I’ve bought 5 razors, 8 soaps and a brush since I joined last week. Do we have a Shavers Anonymous support group here :nailbiting:

Hi @FluffyGroodle , I'm afraid they're right. As RustyBlade said, You're doomed! Pack up your gear, turn and run and never look back........or accept your fate. It's too late for me now.........

Thanks for the link Speedy.
You know I just had to have one of those didn't you?
Red marble Yaqi coming my way.
Getting a Razorock 'Bruce' Plissoft too (no, not from Ali), so will be able to compare them.
Now, tell me again about how much I'm saving by wet shaving?

100 Gillette Rubie blades, I hope they're as good as GSB or Nacet.
Rubies are great blades, they are in my top 5.
Personally I put them on par with GSB but as you know I think the nacet is king but this is all soo close, the atmospheric conditions in Guam could sway my opinion on a given day, it's that close.